• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my friends list just after an emblem is released. Everyone is so recognizable

mJJ3Ocs.jpg

I don't think I posted this ITT yet - here was the Trials run with Falifax and T-44 a few people were asking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5onwNcwrmU

We spent our mercy at game 7 I think so I was getting kinda worried about us throwing the early rounds. We managed to play it safe and comeback though.

Anomaly was definitely an interesting map to say the least. Every movement you made was critical, so you had to be close enough to teamshoot, but spread out enough to watch sightlines and not be wiped by a single super. I think at this point I had gotten used to reading the way players moved on the map, but it's still difficult to execute those plays in the heat of the moment.

edit: i wasn't annoyed at you guys by the way lol.

Guys, this evening I really struggled running with the PR and Sniper.

I feel like if someone moves towards me, even mid-mid/close (i.e hopefully before shotgun range) I am really easily closed down. I think I have the lowest agility available, and that's something I probably need to re-spec.

I don't think it helps I have this feeling, it's dented my confidence a little. All I'm trying to do is get better at sniping.

What is the best advice you can give for that loadout when things get a little too up close?

My KD is going from extremely shitty to just shitty. Before you know it, it'll be to kinda shitty

Shoulda used that Mythocalst to inflate your K/D. 50 kills man. 50 kills every game.

BTW Igordennis we gotta finish your run first thing this weekend. Hopefully we don't get fucking ddosed again.

Will anyone do a raid on normal? Either fresh or w/ checkpoint. 292 hunter and I still haven't done kings fall, have done crota and vog. I Kind of stopped playing this game over the last couple months.

PSN Patatatinahat
Would love to. Only did it once with a gaf train up to sisters. A bit late now (gmt time). But send me a FR, and we can see if next week we can get a gaf train. PSN same as gaf name

todd360

That's because your K/D was higher than mine last month

Me, you and D50 need a skirmish night soon

D-did you look it up? B-Baka! My innocent K/D has been tarnished by your peeping eyes. Now I can never get married!

D50 is never coming back 😭

v1perz53

Man this game's loot is super weird, for the like 2 weeks it took me to go from ~270 light to 290, I was getting a healthy amount of upgrades each engram, generally everything being ~5 light within my average, never really that low. But now that every piece I have is 290 or better, 90% of my engrams in the last week have turned into 265-270 stuff. I guess it doesn't really matter much if something is 5 or 25 levels below a current item, but still strange either way.

Though I guess I can't complain, legendary helm engram this week turned into The Stag for my warlock, which was exactly the exotic I wanted.

LTWood12

I don't think I posted this ITT yet - here was the Trials run with Falifax and T-44 a few people were asking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5onwNcwrmU

We spent our mercy at game 7 I think so I was getting kinda worried about us throwing the early rounds. We managed to play it safe and comeback though.

Anomaly was definitely an interesting map to say the least. Every movement you made was critical, so you had to be close enough to teamshoot, but spread out enough to watch sightlines and not be wiped by a single super. I think at this point I had gotten used to reading the way players moved on the map, but it's still difficult to execute those plays in the heat of the moment.

So fucking good. I actually was hyping this yesterday and posted your video.

Man this game's loot is super weird, for the like 2 weeks it took me to go from ~270 light to 290, I was getting a healthy amount of upgrades each engram, generally everything being ~5 light within my average, never really that low. But now that every piece I have is 290 or better, 90% of my engrams in the last week have turned into 265-270 stuff. I guess it doesn't really matter much if something is 5 or 25 levels below a current item, but still strange either way.

Though I guess I can't complain, legendary helm engram this week turned into The Stag for my warlock, which was exactly the exotic I wanted.

Once you hit about 290, progression slows to a damn crawl. Best bet is to run the raid at thst point, trials, and ib. Welcome to the end game!

So fucking good. I actually was hyping this yesterday and posted your video.

it wasn't that hype tho. ultimately it came down to clutch supers as opposed to clutch gun battles which is still fine. but i think it highlights how important reading the game is moreso than making big plays.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have spots for two newbie raids:

3 spots for VoG tomorrow, at 9:00PM EST
4 spots for CE on Saturday, 12/5, at 3:00PM EST

PM me if you want in for either one, please specify which :)

I have spots for two newbie raids:

3 spots for VoG tomorrow, at 9:00PM EST
4 spots for CE on Saturday, 12/5, at 3:00PM EST

PM me if you want in for either one, please specify which :)
Hawkian, when are running KF for newbies? Hopefully it will be a day that I am off

it wasn't that hype tho. ultimately it came down to clutch supers as opposed to clutch gun battles which is still fine. but i think it highlights how important reading the game is moreso than making big plays.

It was pretty damn amazing. You can read the state of them amazingly well. My jaw drops when i watch you play. I Got to get on a twilight train someday

Isn't this the match that you jumped down on a Sunbreaker and melee'd him to win the match?

That was pretty hype :)

v1perz53

Once you hit about 290, progression slows to a damn crawl. Best bet is to run the raid at thst point, trials, and ib. Welcome to the end game!

I figured as much, though it was odd to see drops actually get worse instead of just stagnate. Unfortunately, I think my progression in this game might end here, as I never really have free time in more than 30 minute blocks, which doesn't seem very raid or trials friendly. But I am still enjoying the trickle of progression overall and working towards things like gunsmith exotic and subclass levelling

E92 M3

WOW that last play was very well executed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom