• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Alright so Ape, Drizz and Igor are running. Nami, Inapp, Todd, where are y'all?!

Are you up for a card this evening, say after 8:30-9PM MST?

I don't know what primary to use. I haven't played crucible since the update.

I should be around then. I'm using Hawkmoon or current vendor Hawksaw, depending on the map/situation. Maybe even the Doctrine.

X-Frame

Do 42s. Rewards are WAY better and it's easier and shorter. I (and many others) have been solo'ing 42s.

I did a 41 last night and got 2 blues from the chest, both 5-6 LL lower than what my total LL was. Waste of time imo besides the sterling once a week.

What Light level are you to be able to solo CoE?

LTWood12

No.

Just way too optimistic over something incredibly small.

Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-15.gif

I really want to see Mercury again now that I can turn the HUD off.

Looking at my Trials load-out and the nerfs hit hard:
  • Doctrine got docked,
  • My rapid ROF sniper got way more kick, fewer rounds,
  • Truth has fewer rockets,
  • My fast rez exotic armor is slower
Individually, those aren't terrible, but cumulatively? It's literally ever part of my load-out.

Maybe it's all fine, but feelsbadman.png

Then again, with if Fast Rez isn't required and Shotties come through strong from the nerf, then maybe it'll finally be time for Defender Trials.

I really want to see Mercury again now that I can turn the HUD off.

Looking at my Trials load-out and the nerfs hit hard:
  • Doctrine got docked,
  • My rapid ROF sniper got way more kick, fewer rounds,
  • Truth has fewer rockets,
  • My fast rez exotic armor is slower
Individually, those aren't terrible, but cumulatively? It's literally ever part of my load-out.

Maybe it's all fine, but it makes me uncertain.

Then again, with if Fast Rez isn't required and Shotties come through strong from the nerf, then maybe it'll finally be time for Defender Trials.
You should be fine, doctrine is still good and now the fast ROF, low impact snipers can res snipe, so your load out isn't hurt too bad

X-Frame

Yeah I was running CoE on my 314 hunter the other day with no problem at all. Still goes faster with some friends. Do it while you can because next week is probably going to have some shit modifiers.

Another question but can you still get a 30,000 high score solo? If I spend time killing every enemy before I damage the boss?

darknil

Sorry for missing out on the raid group yesterday.

One question, how does the point penalty on CoE work exactly? I don't see any explicit difference..

Namikaze1

Alright so Ape, Drizz and Igor are running. Nami and Todd, where are y'all?!

I should be around then. I'm using Hawkmoon or current vendor Hawksaw, depending on the map/situation. Maybe even the Doctrine.
I'm home, watching the original Karate Kid. I'm available to go at reset.

stay gold

Hoping for Anomaly this week. It's the only map that hasn't been repeated yet right? (other than Blind Watch which will stay that way, I hope).

Lee

So at 334 light, exotic engrams are 50/50 going to decrypt as 334 or 335... interesting that they chose to do it that way.

I imagine then, at 333, the odds are the same, no? 50/50 for 334 or 335. So if I get to 333 light, I might as well decrypt all of my remaining exotics then?

Sources for this are reddit and asking in Grenader Jake's stream who has 3 characters at 335.

Sorry for missing out on the raid group yesterday.

One question, how does the point penalty on CoE work exactly? I don't see any explicit difference..
I think after a certain amount of time it starts deducting like 500 points every minute or two, I makes no difference and ruins the whole point of it being a speed run, you're better off taking you're time and killing as much adds as possible for points, no reason to rush unless you're farming it for the exotics.

Dez_

My limited time playing in the updated PoE and CoE... I'm finding PoE to be much harder to play through, especially the random boss part. One of them put me in with a Taken Centurion boss, which was filled in the small Cabal arena with other major taken Centurion. Needless to say, it took several attempts and nearly 30 minutes to do because we spent most of the time trying to shoot down those tracking orbs.

Axoman

Cool, if you're on, I'll send you a message to see if you are still game.

I've got multiple supposedly "god" or very good roll Hawksaws and PDX-45s, but I just never seem to do too well using them. I think I miss too many crits with them.

Right now, I'm swaying towards MIDA or a max range Finnalas Peril with Icarus.

darknil

I think after a certain amount of time it starts deducting like 500 points every minute or two, I makes no difference and ruins the whole point of it being a speed run, you're better off taking you're time and killing as much adds as possible for points, no reason to rush unless you're farming it for the exotics.

Thanks! yeah, I think it would be better to take time on the last round since 2 kills would overdo that penalty.

Also, what to do with the sigil after completing both high scores? I mean, I already spoke to Variks, should I discard it?

Hmmm....

So what's the general consensus of the new update? My ps4 is gathering dust

They Fixed infusion. PVP - meh.

Personally, PvP is pretty fun now. They fixed Special in 6v6 modes to where it doesn't come until 3 minutes into the match (you start with special) and you can't horde as many sniper/shotty so primaries are used more. They also fixed Trials so you start with special and you don't have to switch to cheat.

Thanks! yeah, I think it would be better to take time on the last round since 2 kills would overdo that penalty.

Also, what to do with the sigil after completing both high scores? I mean, I already spoke to Variks, should I discard it?
Yep, you can discard it, although you have to have it to go into the challenge if you want to farm

LTWood12

Personally, PvP is pretty fun now. They fixed Special in 6v6 modes to where it doesn't come until 3 minutes into the match (you start with special) and you can't horde as many sniper/shotty so primaries are used more. They also fixed Trials so you start with special and you don't have to switch to cheat.

fixed it in pvp, broke it in pve :(

Top Bottom