• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

X-Frame

RNG drop from CoE post-game.

And wtf, they still haven't fixed the Armor of Vows postmaster bug?

I just got that ship this week and was so pumped to finally get the space Ferrari. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that bug and looked it up that it's been happening for months. Boo.

I had this drop on xbox, I wish I had it on PS4 - SPO-28 sight and Smallbore in last column.
Nice roll. I am liking the SLO-19 sight... Very unobtrusive.

Weren't we supposed to get one of these sterling packages just from logging in at the postmaster? I had nothing.
Yep, it's a known bug. Latest update is that they are still looking into it.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44657/7_This-Week-at-Bungie--04142016

I just got that ship this week and was so pumped to finally get the space Ferrari. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that bug and looked it up that it's been happening for months. Boo.
Unfortunately, you (and I) still have more grinding to do.

This is the real Ferrari...
destiny_20150930094401.jpg

In the spirit of being trials day, here is a crazy round from a couple weeks ago (always forget to check the captured videos at the time) that i saved. I was in a 1v3 situation twice and had the most hilarious tether escape ever (you can see me trying to do frantic movements as the enemy misses sniper bodyshots at me).

https://youtu.be/bsMkuzlzFy0

Should satisfy you john :)

Agent

Reading about The Last Word nerf makes me sad. I don't even know what gun I will use in the Crucible when I get leveled up through PvE activities. I may just stick with COD for all PvP action.

It makes no sense you would remove the hip firing attributes to the gun because well, that is the whole point of the gun. It may as well be a legendary if you take away the unique perk. Sure it was a strong weapon, but it certainly no year 1 TLW that wrecked everything in sight.

nofunallowed.jpg

Okay, so I've taken on 3 of the 4 new Taken bosses in PoE. Currently missing the Fallen Taken boss.

Of them, here is a quick critique:

Taken Hive: We've all probably fought this guy by now. He's basically a bigger Taken Knight who's mortar shots stay on the ground for a full minute.

Taken Cabal: As far as I could tell, this boss is no different than the regular Cabal he is based on. He looks like Primus Sha'aull. However, while fighting him, there were a shit ton of Major Taken Centurions. Which basically meant axion darts were everywhere. I forsee this being one of, if not THE hardest boss of Challenge of Elders when he gets a turn. It's possible he has some unique attacks, but because we were constantly on the run from axion darts, we barely got a chance to actually observe the boss.

Taken Vex: A fucking joke. Imagine a regular kill the enemies wave, and put a hydra in the middle of the big vex gate/circle thing. He has the standard half shield that rotates, and fires void shots just like a regular hydra. At no point in the entire encounter did I notice any sort of unique attack or strategy. They could have at least borrowed the taken oracles from the Taken Vault of Glass mission.

Side note: I've noticed some of the "Dismantle Mines" circles vary in size. This seems to be just a graphical bug, as I saw a circle that could barely fit 1 guardian, but I could easily stand outside of that circle and still be getting credit. I believe the actual dismantle area to be the normal size, but the circle changes shape when it feels like.

Second side note: I was wrong about Ives stealing your shit. I now fully understand what was happening there. You guys were right, it was showing double. I just misunderstood how he was showing that double. I figured he was showing 6 if I had 3, but he was actually showing 3 and then another 3 next to it.

It's funny that they nerfed last word in 2.0 to make it more of a hip fire weapon and now they've nerfed the hip fire to where it's pretty much an ADS weapon. It might be one of the dumbest nerfs I've seen in this game.

JayHayabusa

Hey DGAG

Need help running the Shield Brother's Chaperone version.

Let me put in shotgun shots on both brothers

join on jayforone

Thank you

Waldini

Ok ...

April update.

Hi DestinyGAF.

I stopped playing Destiny in november. Haven't touched the game in 6 months. Started wandering around in the tower yesterday.. Stuck on 305. Where do I go?

Is the Cryptarch still an asshole?

DeviantBoi

Ok ...

April update.

Hi DestinyGAF.

I stopped playing Destiny in november. Haven't touched the game in 6 months. Started wandering around in the tower yesterday.. Stuck on 305. Where do I go?

Try and do the KF raid on normal to get loot up to 320.

Ok ...

April update.

Hi DestinyGAF.

I will be organizing a newbie NM raid for people around Saturday 3PM PST/6PM EST.
Consider joining.

Anyone doing a hard raid soon? Like, in the next hour or so?
I haven't done one since last year, but I don't see another way to get a 320+ warlock bond.

What's the lowest light level you can play CoE? I just hit 301 with optimal gear and I have zero interest in doing the raid (I hate it) to progress. Is just doing strikes/pvp (non-trials) viable to progress now?

What's the lowest light level you can play CoE? I just hit 301 with optimal gear and I have zero interest in doing the raid (I hate it) to progress. Is just doing strikes/pvp (non-trials) viable to progress now?

Probably 316. I think at 315, the final round will have red enemies to you. At 316, they'll be orange.

Number45

Is there any point in me saving legendary engrams? I think they all still decrypt at shitty light levels right?

0 lol, buy Heavy instead. You got NLB, what else do you need? Buy Buy 5 3oC packages worth and dump the rest into heavy for rank up packages
Is the amount of rep you get the same regardless of what you turn in? i.e. 4 special ammo turned in gives you the same amount of rep as 1 heavy? I've been starting to stockpile heavy/special but I might just spunk them all on rep at DO to hit 25 (first faction to do so).

Reading about The Last Word nerf makes me sad. I don't even know what gun I will use in the Crucible when I get leveled up through PvE activities. I may just stick with COD for all PvP action.

It makes no sense you would remove the hip firing attributes to the gun because well, that is the whole point of the gun. It may as well be a legendary if you take away the unique perk. Sure it was a strong weapon, but it certainly no year 1 TLW that wrecked everything in sight.

nofunallowed.jpg

They keep taking the "exotic" out of everything and putting mom jeans on them. Soon we'll be in orbit flying minivans...

Anyone doing a hard raid soon? Like, in the next hour or so?
I haven't done one since last year, but I don't see another way to get a 320+ warlock bond.

Technically you can still farm Omnigul if you really don't want to raid.

0 lol, buy Heavy instead. You got NLB, what else do you need? Buy Buy 5 3oC packages worth and dump the rest into heavy for rank up packages

Unless you already have a bunch of 330 gear, since faction packages only go up to 330

Is there any point in me saving legendary engrams? I think they all still decrypt at shitty light levels right?

Max 310 on legendary engrams

They keep taking the "exotic" out of everything and putting mom jeans on them. Soon we'll be in orbit flying minivans...

We're already flying magic school buses. Minivans would be an upgrade.

In the spirit of being trials day, here is a crazy round from a couple weeks ago (always forget to check the captured videos at the time) that i saved. I was in a 1v3 situation twice and had the most hilarious tether escape ever (you can see me trying to do frantic movements as the enemy misses sniper bodyshots at me).

https://youtu.be/bsMkuzlzFy0

Should satisfy you john :)

So damn good. I am so ready for Trials today. Should be a mix of salt and fun!

It's sad that you can see exactly when Bungie realized their mistake by making exotics too fun.

Vanilla - Exotics were crazy fun with mostly unique perks. Some Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

Dark Below - More crazy idea exotics (though balanced poorly). Less Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

House of Wolves - More crazy idea exotics (though balanced poorly). No Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

Taken King - Legendaries that felt exotic turned into exotics. Crazy idea exotics watered down so much less crazy. Exotic perks become very boring or extremely situation.

Taken Spring - Whatever exotics weren't watered down before, have now been watered down. Only new exotic weapon has fancy version of normal perk (final round)

Lee

My money is on Cozmo trying to be clever and Urk saying delete that shit it's dumb.

PressSneakFuck strikes again!

realtalk tho, who wants to bet that Cozmo posted that and Urk told him to cut the shit?

You and I think alike.

Pretty sure that's it, but maybe whoever did the Rezyl thing didn't know about this Rasputin ARG on B.net and they didn't want to throw too much out at once.

It's sad that you can see exactly when Bungie realized their mistake by making exotics too fun.

Vanilla - Exotics were crazy fun with mostly unique perks. Some Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

Dark Below - More crazy idea exotics (though balanced poorly). Less Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

House of Wolves - More crazy idea exotics (though balanced poorly). No Legendaries that felt almost exotic.

Taken King - Legendaries that felt exotic turned into exotics. Crazy idea exotics watered down so much less crazy. Exotic perks become very boring or extremely situation.

Taken Spring - Whatever exotics weren't watered down before, have now been watered down. Only new exotic weapon has fancy version of normal perk (final round)

I was reminded of the MIDA nerf (and then sniped in the middle of a shadestep) during a skirmish match last night. While not as serious as the TLW nerf it does make MIDA feel a bit less special.

Not sure if I can be bothered raiding :( Completed kings fall so many times I don't have the patience to do it without a known competent group atm.

Might take the slower approach and just gear up via PoE/NF/Exotics.

X-Frame

Is Bad Juju still a pretty good gun? Loved it in Y1

Still very good gun, especially in PvE but also PvP since that archetype of Pulse rifles are strong. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the Year 2 version if you don't have it already. It's excellent in Prison of Elders too.

Before using an exotic was a real choice...there were huge ups and downs to using something like a Vex compared to Gjallahorn. Both powerful but they both felt fun.

Now its...thats not even necessary anymore. There are legendaries better than exotics and exotics just feel like suped up legendaries that may or may not be stronger than your average legendary

To be fair, that wasn't uncommon before the nerf. Sucks though. I'm going to watch Krafty today and see if he sticks with TLW. Other than that and the Mida I don't know what primary to use for trails. Vendor hawksaw?
Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out what I'll use for trials now. I'm debating between ace of spades, pdx-45, and eyasluna. I still haven't tried doctrine since the update, so I will have to see how that goes.

Exotics that I personally used that were nerfed. Thus forcing me to change up the way I play the game:

• Suros Regime
  • Hawkmoon
  • 4th Horseman
  • Pocket Infinity
  • Plan C
  • Vex Mythoclast
  • Icebreaker
  • Black Spindle
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Thunderlord

That's obviously not even every exotic that was nerfed. I'm saying I used each and every one of these until Bungie nerfed them to the point they were no longer worth the exotic slot they consumed. These weapons no longer felt special anymore (I'm trying Plan C again, we'll see). They feel like regular weapons with unique graphical elements or sounds, but for the most part, these weapons are no longer game changes.

Then, on top of that, Bungie ran out of ideas for exotic weapons, so they starting finding new and interesting ways to return ammo to the player:
  • Touch of Malice
  • Bad Juju
  • No Time to Explain
  • Invective
  • Pocket Infinty
  • Icebreaker
  • Black Spindle
  • Dreg's Promise
  • Super Good Advice

Seriously, look at that list. Every one of those weapons exotic perks is based around just giving ammo back to the player. How boring is that?

Next thing you know, Bungie is going to run out of ideas for exotic armor and just start giving us exotics that automatically fill in an existing node in the subclass trees...

>_>

Before using an exotic was a real choice...there were huge ups and downs to using something like a Vex compared to Gjallahorn. Both powerful but they both felt fun.

Now its...thats not even necessary anymore. There are legendaries better than exotics and exotics just feel like suped up legendaries that may or may not be stronger than your average legendary

I wont be surprised if a side effect from loot abundance means we'll find players using full legendary armor without an exotic piece. Bungie will be running the numbers and wondering why their exotic equipped numbers have been steadily dropping. I'm personally forcing myself to use an exotic armor on my Titan right now, because I feel like I'd rather just use my Legendary gear, because it fits my build better. But I'm forcing myself to use an exotic, because something tells me I am supposed to do this, which I'm no long sure is worth it.

Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out what I'll use for trials now. I'm debating between ace of spades, pdx-45, and eyasluna. I still haven't tried doctrine since the update, so I will have to see how that goes.

I'll switch between MIDA, DoP, 1kys and Thesan for trials. More important for me right now is to get into a solid group. My usual teammates have mostly given up on Trials.

X-Frame

To be fair, that wasn't uncommon before the nerf. Sucks though. I'm going to watch Krafty today and see if he sticks with TLW. Other than that and the Mida I don't know what primary to use for trails. Vendor hawksaw?

Wasn't the flinch with HCR nerfed a lot in an update some time ago? I am sure it did make a difference on MIDA but it's probably so small that it is not that noticeable for either the MIDA user or the one getting shot at.

I think Bungie wanted to try and help nudge users to use another gun but nerfing MIDA in the smallest way possible and the flinch was that small nerf.

Is anyone still going to wear fast revive gear for trials? With no drive by revives, timer increased to 7 seconds per death and speed of revives decreased to 30%, we should in theory be seeing faster rounds and probably triple sunsingers with sun breakers/voidfang

Wasn't the flinch with HCR nerfed a lot in an update some time ago? I am sure it did make a difference on MIDA but it's probably so small that it is not that noticeable for either the MIDA user or the one getting shot at.

I think Bungie wanted to try and help nudge users to use another gun but nerfing MIDA in the smallest way possible and the flinch was that small nerf.

HCR flinch might have been nerfed awhile ago and I haven't really spent enough time with 2.2 MIDA to know how often I'll win against snipers but just knowing that it's been removed mentally makes the MIDA feel less special. I went into fights with snipers with MIDA thinking I had a decent chance of coming out on top. Not always, but it was there. Now I feel like the scales have been tipped the other direction.

Frenden

Banned
I'm gonna try Juju out for PvP. And Red Death. With no TLW to challenge and less MIDA to flinch, I think they might be okay again.

Top Bottom