• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Is anyone still going to wear fast revive gear for trials? With no drive by revives, timer increased to 7 seconds per death and speed of revives decreased to 30%, we should in theory be seeing faster rounds
I will on my warlock just because i don't really use exotic armors on my warlock so it doesn't hurt to put it on for the bonus, plus it generates an extra orb.

Is anyone still going to wear fast revive gear for trials? With no drive by revives, timer increased to 7 seconds per death and speed of revives decreased to 30%, we should in theory be seeing faster rounds and probably triple sunsingers with sun breakers/voidfang
I've been really curious about this too. Might have to do a card with the usual 2x alpha lupi, and another without. I get the feeling fast revives will still be pretty strong though, just less of those occasional silly rounds where drive by revives force you to kill the opposing team three times over.

WipedOut

So can you get the new Queen weapons from anywhere other than doing the Elders Sigil each week? Has anyone had them drop in PoE 41?

That's what I want to know, what drops from that chest? anything?

Hence why I said spend 28 strange coins. IDK, I mean it's going to end up in the vault anyway.

HCR flinch might have been nerfed awhile ago and I haven't really spent enough time with 2.2 MIDA to know how often I'll win against snipers but just knowing that it's been removed mentally makes the MIDA feel less special. I went into fights with snipers with MIDA thinking I had a decent chance of coming out on top. Not always, but it was there. Now I feel like the scales have been tipped the other direction.

MIDA never really felt like an exotic to me anyway. Like, what was it's exotic perk? Was it Third eye that other scouts can have? Or maybe Hair trigger that other scouts can have?

Like, I enjoyed MIDA when I used it, but between it not having any exotic-feeling perks, and the very unsatisfying sound it makes when it fires... it just wasn't doing it for me for very long.

stay gold

That's what I want to know, what drops from that chest? anything?

Hence why I said spend 28 strange coins. IDK, I mean it's going to end up in the vault anyway.

I've only gotten blues up to 320 from it.

I want to farm for the new Shotgun, but I have no idea if I should be doing 41 as well as 42 to do so.

Homeboyd

I want to farm for the new Shotgun, but I have no idea if I should be doing 41 as well as 42 to do so.
Do 42s. Rewards are WAY better and it's easier and shorter. I (and many others) have been solo'ing 42s.

I did a 41 last night and got 2 blues from the chest, both 5-6 LL lower than what my total LL was. Waste of time imo besides the sterling once a week.

Exotics that I personally used that were nerfed. Thus forcing me to change up the way I play the game:

• Suros Regime
  • Hawkmoon
  • 4th Horseman
  • Pocket Infinity
  • Plan C
  • Vex Mythoclast
  • Icebreaker
  • Black Spindle
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Thunderlord

That's obviously not even every exotic that was nerfed. I'm saying I used each and every one of these until Bungie nerfed them to the point they were no longer worth the exotic slot they consumed. These weapons no longer felt special anymore (I'm trying Plan C again, we'll see). They feel like regular weapons with unique graphical elements or sounds, but for the most part, these weapons are no longer game changes.

Then, on top of that, Bungie ran out of ideas for exotic weapons, so they starting finding new and interesting ways to return ammo to the player:
  • Touch of Malice
  • Bad Juju
  • No Time to Explain
  • Invective
  • Pocket Infinty
  • Icebreaker
  • Black Spindle
  • Dreg's Promise
  • Super Good Advice

Seriously, look at that list. Every one of those weapons exotic perks is based around just giving ammo back to the player. How boring is that?

Next thing you know, Bungie is going to run out of ideas for exotic armor and just start giving us exotics that automatically fill in an existing node in the subclass trees...

>_>

I wont be surprised if a side effect from loot abundance means we'll find players using full legendary armor without an exotic piece. Bungie will be running the numbers and wondering why their exotic equipped numbers have been steadily dropping. I'm personally forcing myself to use an exotic armor on my Titan right now, because I feel like I'd rather just use my Legendary gear, because it fits my build better. But I'm forcing myself to use an exotic, because something tells me I am supposed to do this, which I'm no long sure is worth it.

Idea for an exotic (Shield Breaker): Rocket launcher that blasts enemy shields off (all elements). Let it deal a small amount of damage, but main goal is shield removal so teammates can finish them off. Not as effective on end-level bosses but should help lower the shield w/ an AoE to hit nearby/multiple enemies. Not much use in PvP, but everything is becoming so PvP oriented it would be nice to have some PvE dominant exotics. Might as well give it an ammo-regen perk too!

MIDA never really felt like an exotic to me anyway. Like, what was it's exotic perk? Was it Third eye that other scouts can have? Or maybe Hair trigger that other scouts can have?

Like, I enjoyed MIDA when I used it, but between it not having any exotic-feeling perks, and the very unsatisfying sound it makes when it fires... it just wasn't doing it for me for very long.
It worked really well with skating Titans because it increased your speed a ton. Also the whole thing with the gun was that it was fast. It reloaded fast, it shot fast, it readied fast, it aimed fast, and it made you move fast, which is what was so unique about it.

Speed was the big thing. The agility boost is real and while a number of scouts can four shot a player the MIDA will do it faster. The scope is huge and clear and while a similar scope is on some other scouts it always ruins handling.

As for the sound? Well I guess I like the sound of electric staplers.

Is anyone still going to wear fast revive gear for trials? With no drive by revives, timer increased to 7 seconds per death and speed of revives decreased to 30%, we should in theory be seeing faster rounds and probably triple sunsingers with sun breakers/voidfang

Yup. I'm still going to use fast revive. At least for this opening weekend with the changes.

I'm gonna try Juju out for PvP. And Red Death. With no TLW to challenge and less MIDA to flinch, I think they might be okay again.

You jumping on soon? I will be on in 30 for some Crucible until Trials comes around.

Lee

*Shudders*

Lee

Hey! I love my staple gun.

I did a 41 last night and got 2 blues from the chest, both 5-6 LL lower than what my total LL was. Waste of time imo besides the sterling once a week.

I'm waiting for someone to notice that some of these high level blues are actually better than legendaries and everyone will be farming 41 PoE.

WeTeHa

Need a third for farming challenge of elders. I will use my house of judgment rep booster, so just burning bosses to get as much out of it as possible.

Idea for an exotic (Shield Breaker): Rocket launcher that blasts enemy shields off (all elements). Let it deal a small amount of damage, but main goal is shield removal so teammates can finish them off. Not as effective on end-level bosses but should help lower the shield w/ an AoE to hit nearby/multiple enemies. Not much use in PvP, but everything is becoming so PvP oriented it would be nice to have some PvE dominant exotics. Might as well give it an ammo-regen perk too!

I posted some of these back in November:

• PvE Rocket Launcher that holds two in the barrel and fires both rockets at the same time. Let the rockets spin around each other like a double helix kind of thing.
  • PvE/PvP Rocket Launcher with proxy detonation that sticks to walls. Basically, a tripmine cannon.
    [*]PvP Rocket Launcher that does less damage but has a lot of physical momentum in the blast radius. Idea is to launch your enemies into walls for kills or out of maps.
    [*]PvP Sniper Rifle that only holds one in the chamber, super slow reload, but has no glint on the lense (basically what NLB should have been).
  • PvP Sniper Rifle that can't kill with a headshot, but doing any damage puts a 5 second debuff on the target that reduces their agility to 1.
  • PvP Fusion Rifle that fires it's bolts in a + or x shape pattern every time.
  • PvP Sidearm that causes major recoil on a target when hit. Idea is to really deter charging shotguns.
  • PvP Sidearm that disables/silences enemies melee attack when hit.
    [*]PvP/PvE Scout rifle that increases Radar range by 1.5x
  • PvP Scout Rifle that has no accuracy penalty while jumping/airborne, and small damage bonus.
  • PvP Assault Rifle that is basically terrible but reduces grenade cooldown by .67X but only if the AR is being held.
    [*]PvE Machine Gun that holds all its ammo in 1 giant clip.

Bolded are my favorites.

In the spirit of being trials day, here is a crazy round from a couple weeks ago (always forget to check the captured videos at the time) that i saved. I was in a 1v3 situation twice and had the most hilarious tether escape ever (you can see me trying to do frantic movements as the enemy misses sniper bodyshots at me).

https://youtu.be/bsMkuzlzFy0

Should satisfy you john :)

;_;
but we lost that game

Btw the Bungie bounty thing starts an hour after Trials launches. Not sure if we care about that but if so then we should wait to start until they do because of the whole win-based MM thing. I should be available when Trials starts if you and Ape are still up for it.

Newsroom.gif

I have no idea what to wear or use tonight. Which is kind of exciting I guess?

In all earnestness, I think they changes are going to make carries (and weak teammates like me) much more difficult.

Homeboyd

I'm waiting for someone to notice that some of these high level blues are actually better than legendaries and everyone will be farming 41 PoE.
Yeah but I'm saying farm 42s if you can. They're faster and the rewards are better.

But yeah, legendaries suck right now as drops (in terms of LL).

WipedOut

Her Champion

CT-D archetype but with higher base range. Im curious to see if it can max range with Aggressive Ballistics, which would put it on par with a Matador 64.

But can't you only get that with the challenge cards or can it drop or variks rank up packages?

Yeah but I'm saying farm 42s if you can. They're faster and the rewards are better.

But yeah, legendaries suck right now as drops (in terms of LL).

This is what work looks like, courtesy of our VFI Brother and myself. Two 1/2 week old little guardian. Welcome to PS4 Homeboyd! (oh and too many to count DGAF members who helped make it happen)

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNTk0MTUxOTE1NDc2NzQ2MjUvMTcwNDkxMTE5MTgyODA3MDQxL0lNR18wNDU2LkpQRyJ9.4HyjWTNzJbwGzGUyjWAZZIGLdRw.JPG

I wish I can buy these heavy synths in bulk from Xur, and that he was at the Tower so I don't have to go back and forth from the Reef to the Tower to level up my factions. Mainly the Buying in Bulk part though haha.

You know, how many would you like type of deal.

LTWood12

But can't you only get that with the challenge cards or can it drop or variks rank up packages?

This is what work looks like, courtesy of our VFI Brother and myself. Two 1/2 week old little guardian. Welcome to PS4 Homeboyd! (oh and too many to count DGAF members who helped make it happen)

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNTk0MTUxOTE1NDc2NzQ2MjUvMTcwNDkxMTE5MTgyODA3MDQxL0lNR18wNDU2LkpQRyJ9.4HyjWTNzJbwGzGUyjWAZZIGLdRw.JPG

You are a good friend ;)

Newsroom.gif

I have no idea what to wear or use tonight. Which is kind of exciting I guess?

In all earnestness, I think they changes are going to make carries (and weak teammates like me) much more difficult.

The only thing that annoys me is I like switching from sniper to shotgun, now its one or the other

Can faction packages give a helm?

Edit: FINALLY! It took 5 packages.

I got, in order:

Villainy (Primary)
Vacancy (Secondary)
Vertigo (Heavy)
Vanity (Primary)
Helm (YES!!!!!)

I just wanted 1 piece of gear, and best if it was a helm haha.

E92 M3

Destiny fam is strong

;_;
but we lost that game

Btw the Bungie bounty thing starts an hour after Trials launches. Not sure if we care about that but if so then we should wait to start until they do because of the whole win-based MM thing. I should be available when Trials starts if you and Ape are still up for it.

Yup. I'm down. I would love a shot at the Bungie bounty. Igor posted earlier he would be on a bit after reset. I don't mind waiting until they start.

Top Bottom