• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I underestimated this lunch celebrating my cousin's birthday , ape and drizz you guys can do a card before i arrive so you dont just sit around waiting there.

noomi

They Fixed infusion. PVP - meh.

About 2 hours worth of content if you dont care about the aesthetics of gear or want to grind one of the Sterling set for the next couple months

Personally, PvP is pretty fun now. They fixed Special in 6v6 modes to where it doesn't come until 3 minutes into the match (you start with special) and you can't horde as many sniper/shotty so primaries are used more. They also fixed Trials so you start with special and you don't have to switch to cheat.

I see, from what I briefly read it didn't really seem like a very substantial update. Mostly revamped existing content, and a few new carrots to chase. Nothing wrong with that, but not enough to bring me back. Glad that they did something for the community at least.

Probably the first time I'm actually skipping Destiny content since release, but I just don't have the time anymore. I've been able to play Dark Souls 3 for probably a total of an hour since release, and that's a major victory for me these days lol.

Are there any other major Destiny content updates scheduled for the future that have been hinted at yet?

Will be looking to run trials x 3 each day for all four days, but only looking for scrub players like myself that don't care about Mercury and want the gold bounty that resets each day. That's seven rounds basically.

Anyone up for that when it opens today?

Homeboyd

Seriously? That second fight with all the fire was a bitch with 3 people.
Just gotta take care of adds out of sight of the boss, pop up, dps him, retreat, repeat.

The more you stay out of his sight, the better. Do a few rounds and you'll get good at it. My first run on 42 wasn't the greatest.

Probably the first time I'm actually skipping Destiny content since release, but I just don't have the time anymore. I've been able to play Dark Souls 3 for probably a total of an hour since release, and that's a major victory for me these days lol.

Congrats on the baby boy noomi, saw your post in the Division thread a while ago...

Major update in fall, around September. Expecting some news at E3.

Nami and I need 1 for Trials

Invite mehr, he said he was looking for a group.

Izuna

Banned
Haven't played since making 320 and having nothing left to do.

Patch hits and I'm wondering... There's... nothing new is there, besides cosmetic stuff. The stats for all the new weapons is nothing special. All the armour brought over is trash. Universal Remote was the only one worth getting (and maybe Lord of Wolves but kiosk isn't working?)

And that's it. There's nothing apart from going from 40 - 42, and 320 - 335.

Am I missing anything here? It sounds like the PoE is only worth doing for as long as it takes to get 335.

--

So this is basically last year's HoW update without a ton of stuff to use Etheric Light on and rare unique weapons like Dry Rot 32?

noomi

Let your kid play it.

He will be #PROMLG360NOSCOPEYOLO by a few years fo' sho'

I barely recognized you because of the new avatar.

Congrats on the baby boy noomi, saw your post in the Division thread a while ago...

Major update in fall, around September. Expecting some news at E3.

Thanks ruthless :) He's been keeping my wife and I extremely busy these last couple of weeks.

Fall sounds like a good time for me to get back into Destiny in some capacity. I've been trying
and failing
to put some focus on single-player games that I can play at my own pace.

Thanks ruthless :) He's been keeping my wife and I extremely busy these last couple of weeks.

Fall sounds like a good time for me to get back into Destiny in some capacity. I've been trying
and failing
to put some focus on single-player games that I can play at my own pace.

Grats, noomi! I just had a baby too and I'm in your exact spot. Don't think I can keep up with this Destiny release (as thin as it is) and also have been trying and failing to tackle some single player games.

Hope you're getting some sleep!

Anyway, looking to do HM Raid + CM at 8:30PM EST from Totems:

1. Dreamgazer
2. Shiv (Need Confirmation)

-----------------------------------------
Also organizing a group for NM raid at Saturday 6PM EST for anyone new.
Please have a decent sniper rifle ready and be at least 280 light (really should be 300 by this point...)
1. darthbob
2. dreamgazer (sherpa)

Need additional sherpa.

Haven't played since making 320 and having nothing left to do.

Patch hits and I'm wondering... There's... nothing new is there, besides cosmetic stuff. The stats for all the new weapons is nothing special. All the armour brought over is trash. Universal Remote was the only one worth getting (and maybe Lord of Wolves but kiosk isn't working?)

And that's it. There's nothing apart from going from 40 - 42, and 320 - 335.

Am I missing anything here? It sounds like the PoE is only worth doing for as long as it takes to get 335.

--

So this is basically last year's HoW update without a ton of stuff to use Etheric Light on and rare unique weapons like Dry Rot 32?

Pretty much

noomi

Grats, noomi! I just had a baby too and I'm in your exact spot. Don't think I can keep up with this Destiny release (as thin as it is) and also have been trying and failing to tackle some single player games.

Hope you're getting some sleep!

Congrats to you as well! Noomi Jr was born April 1st haha, he's two weeks old today. Sleep was basically non existent the first week, I'm pretty sure I was delirious from it too. Deprivation of sleep can do some crazy shit to a man. This week has been better, but still very challenging.

Never thought I'd say it but.... we are the Dads of Destiny now

Buy my book!

Oh snap! Your book came out? Where's the amazon link?

Dthomp

1. Dreamgazer
2. Shiv (Need Confirmation)

-----------------------------------------
Also organizing a group for NM raid at Saturday 6PM EST for anyone new.
Please have a decent sniper rifle ready and be at least 280 light (really should be 300 by this point...)
1. darthbob
2. dreamgazer (sherpa)

Need additional sherpa.

I'd run again with you guy with one of my other characters tonight

Shiv47

1. Dreamgazer
2. Shiv
3. Goshou
I'm good for tonight, bringing a friend as well, he's done NM but this would be first HM.

Also, anyone need someone for CoE or want to start new farming run?

Dthomp

Will be looking to run trials x 3 each day for all four days, but only looking for scrub players like myself that don't care about Mercury and want the gold bounty that resets each day. That's seven rounds basically.

Anyone up for that when it opens today?

If you still need somebody a little later today I'd love to join ya for doing this with my characters (Dthomp)

chur

So what is the verdict so far on which to farm. PoE 41 or the challenge?
Challenge. It's faster and drops better loot. I don't know what the loot table is for 41 but I haven't gotten anything even remotely useful from it. Yesterday I was getting something good every other run from challenge. Each run took about 7 minutes.

Challenge. It's faster and drops better loot. I don't know what the loot table is for 41 but I haven't gotten anything even remotely useful from it. Yesterday I was getting something good every other run from challenge. Each run took about 7 minutes.

Ah okay thanks.

Matty8787

Guys any content for me to read to get ready for the game tomorrow? Or do I just dive straight in nose first and learn the way it is meant to be learnt?

Top Bottom