• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: PS5 Pro vs PS5 - A Vast Improvement At 60FPS

TrueLegend

lol...what? That doesn't make sense, but if you are implying that I've called them shills when it is "convenient" then you are quite wrong. I've even defended them from being called biased. The most I've said is that they are journalists first and can be sensationalist, but that doesn't mean they are wrong.

I just think it is hilarious that you can throw a rock in here and hit someone calling DF shills for completely different reasons.
So when you do it its right when I do it its wrong.

Mr Moose

Re you proving my point or What

You were putting words in my mouth. I didn't call Nvidia God Tier you did. And what is this with son wife and other personal comments. You guys trying to act mature here with that.
DLSS is God tier compared to this shite.
CiYImHHBivpAs.webp

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I didn't call Nvidia God Tier
DLSS is God tier compared to this shite. This is what worried me reading about what PSSR was doing from an engeenering point of view. The most interesting thing will be now to see how it stacks up to software only brach of XeSS because if it is poor than that then this thing is a bit of a scam as PS5 surely could do some PSSR lite stuff. Basically the extra GPU power is doing the heavy lifting instead of PSSR which does not boad well for Unreal engine titles. It also means ML part of this custom APU is weak. Honestly this is not what I was expecting.
Real Life Love GIF by Abbey Luck

You can't even keep track of your bullshit, that's how I know you're not real.

Last edited:
Have your own opinion maybe?

For a second, forget whatever John/Oliver said. Take a look at the following image and tell me you don't see an improvement in the right image when compared to the middle one.
This whole experience just ticks me off to no end because I could have been playing the game with even better graphics than the Pro will offer if they just released on PC from the jump. Red XIII doesn't even have a wet nose here. Where are the fudgeicles, Bart?

I assume this means the textures shipped on disc were high resolution and the PS5 just softens and craps them up for performance.

TrueLegend

yeah cheap gifs, your mom arguments and all that. You guys are trolls since forever. Let me get this through if DLSS straight up meant Nvidia it would have meant that if I dislike PSSR I straight up dislike everything Playstion offers or Sony makes, and I dont wanna even explain to you how wrong that premise would be.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yeah cheap gifs, your mom arguments and all that. You guys are trolls since forever. Let me get this through if DLSS straight up meant Nvidia it would have meant that if I dislike PSSR I straight up dislike everything Playstion offers or Sony makes, and I dont wanna even explain to you how wrong that premise would be.
I never mentioned anything about your mom or your wife or any other emotional damage you're displaying. You just don't have a coherent argument and can't even keep up with your own criticisms. You're all over the place. I have no clue why you are even deep diving into equations of likes or dislikes for a brand at all.

You're punching the air right now.

Go_Ly_Dow

Recap:

✅Better IQ than the base PS5 graphics mode in the Pro performance mode
✅With double the framerate. 30>60fps.
✅With higher and more stable framerate over the PS5 performance mode.
✅With some left over computing power in reserve thanks to PSSR to improve other visual aspects if the dev wishes to do so.

PS5 Pro believers right now after almost being gunned down last week:
Donald Trump Fight GIF by KarmaIQ

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
It's a BIG upgrade, I agree. But I think that cases like this will be the exception, not the rule. In well optimized titles (Spider-Man 2, R&C Rift Apart, etc), I think the upgrade will not be this expressive.

Isn't that the point? Either you get a well optimised crisp image at 60fps or PRO will step in and make it happen. You win either way

Basically what Cerny said

TrueLegend

I
I never mentioned anything about your mom or your wife or any other emotional damage you're displaying. You just don't have a coherent argument and can't even keep up with your own criticisms. You're all over the place. I have no clue why you are even deep diving into equations of likes or dislikes for a brand at all.

You're punching the air right now.
I am not displaying anything ............I am stating facts. You guys are bunch of usual suspects. This guy -> Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping and what he did is the same stuff you guys keep doing and for a guy saying I cant offer arguments, I am not the one spamming gifs.

bundylove

HI.
How r you.
I see some sadness in your eyes.
Did sony pssr into it?
Time to fight back. Let me give you some chazz currage.
After this , no one will ever pssr on you
KkuyYrj.jpeg

I

I am not displaying anything ............I am stating facts. You guys are bunch of usual suspects. This guy -> Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping and what he did is the same stuff you guys keep doing and for a guy saying I cant offer arguments, I am not the one spamming gifs.

Using my drive-by shit posts as a scapegoat won't save you here I'm afraid

SABRE220

Its definitely a nice upgrade in image clarity but this pretty much solidifies the opinion that the pro will be nonthing more than a pssr machine. That improved rt hardware will pretty much be used for sadly. I was hoping they would add atleast a rtgi pass for games but 95+% of games will just rush a pssr plugin into the game and thats it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Its definitely a nice upgrade in image clarity but this pretty much solidifies the opinion that the pro will be nonthing more than a pssr machine. That improved rt hardware will pretty much be used for sadly. I was hoping they would add atleast a rtgi pass for games but 95+% of games will just rush a pssr plugin into the game and thats it.
If 95% of games just get this improvement then for me its a worth while purchase

sachos

So its basically running 4K PSSR Balanced at 60FPS while looking better than the original fidelity mode, huge win for PSSR here (the temporal instability sucks but is way harder to notice during play imo).
LMAO i knew people would start changing their tune once DF could start doing comparisons. The difference with the original performance mode is MASSIVE.

Mr.Phoenix

It's a shame that despite the 45% increase in raw GPU power, the damn PSSR cost is taking up most if not all of it to reconstruct it. All the IQ issues he mentions towards the end compared to the fidelity mode are a result of them using a low 1080p-1180p base resolution to reconstruct from. 1440p or 4k quality would not have those issues with temporal stability.

This is precisely what I was warning about in the leak thread. FSR, DLSS, PSSR all have a cost of their own, and a 45% GPU bump was simply not going to be enough to get quality modes running at 60 fps even with PSSR. This is the 4th or 5th game now thats using PS5 performance mode settings and resolution on the Pro while spending all the extra GPU power on the PSSR reconstruction.
Until we see a game that has an uncapped fps that is using PSSR, measuring the cost of PSSR would be difficult. ANd while it will have a cost, at 2ms that cost would be easily quantifiable. What we are seeing here though, isn't saying all that 45% is going to PSSR. Especially when we can see that the base model, at 60fps, hit GPU bottlenecks sometimes that is mostly nonexistent on the PS5pro.

And if you ask me, this is a major win, not even for the PS5pro, but for where Sony's PSSR is at and what it's capable of reconstructing from 1080p/1180p > 4K. This likely would be reflective of most third-party game use case scenarios, as most third-party devs seem more likely to just slap PSSR on to the base model performance mode. And we know PSSR will get better in time.

I am curious if there is a system wide patch sony can use to replace new versions of PSSR into the games that are built to use it, or if every time its updated the devs have to patch in the new version of PSSR.

PandaOk

Neo Member
So I know MLID hit and miss here but his earlier pro leak is legit, so this gives him more credibility than other topic.

He was saying Sony Just update PSSR recently from 9.0 to 9.4 because of image quality/stability issue. Maybe this related to Oliver talking about here regarding to PSSR. Well, we will see in a bit more than a month.

This is why PSSR is crucial to PS5 Pro. Each iteration of PSSR here will bring in more image quality/clarity improvements when most upscale techniques on console appear to be dead end, so the comparison to thr based consoles even more lopsided.

MLID mentioned the 2ms cost upscaling from 1080p and that PSSR would be reduced in weight in the future. So at some point that difference will free up more resources for the PRO.

Top Bottom