• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

smr00

Banned
What does naphaelm glory buff do? Seems to make ur char get yellow wings on higher stacks but it runs out fast
They are boost orbs.

I hear people saying that other orbs (like health) will extend the time of the buff but i don't know if that is true.

Wallach

I wonder if any console features will find there way to PC version. Would at least like controller support for when I feel like playing at the couch.

I actually wish they'd add this too, but I'm pretty sure they stated they would never consider it for PC.

Can't stop trolling ZwuckeL's chat, too entertaining. Watching makes me kinda wish I still had a console as I'd play this version.

tim1138

So as someone who has never couch co-op'd on PS3 how are multiple sign ins handled?

Just saw the DF article, still ok with what the PS3 version since I'm going to move the 360 upstairs, but keeping the PS3 here to finish the psplus stuff.

Every PS3 game I've played does not allow multiple PSN accounts to sign in for local play.

Shoogoo

If a friend of mine comes over with his copy of Diablo 3, and I decide to buy the game digitally in a couple of days, can I keep my save?

Curufinwe

Doesn't seem to be up digitally. Xbox 360 doesn't seem to have a same-day digital option like PS3 and Wii U, sadly.

It could be months before it's available digitally on the 360.

I just ordered the 360 version from Toys R Us for $44.99 but I'll have to go pick it up on Saturday.

Autofokus

Can anyone deny or confirm, that the ps3 disc version needs to be installed (maybe silently like Bethesda games?) and if yes, how big it is?

koji

Medium/Hard changes the MP right? So that means you get more XP/MF? if so i am starting out on medium/hard.

From what I know from playing the PC version and leveling up a couple toons there, playing on MP0 works the fastest. Once you get to lvl 15 try to get a hold of a helmet with a socket and put a ruby in it. Try to wear + exp gear in every slot. You can even rush from objective to objective like that without clearing entire maps, you'll still outlvl the game by the time you're 60.

So that would be playing on easy for the console version. Not sure how that comparison holds up though. It's not like you can go out and buy flawless square gems and items with sockets and + exp on the AH...

Or you could also decide to just have fun and not powergame. :)

smr00

Banned
From what I know from playing the PC version and leveling up a couple toons there, playing on MP0 works the fastest. Once you get to lvl 15 try to get a hold of a helmet with a socket and put a ruby in it. Try to wear + exp gear in every slot. You can even rush from objective to objective like that without clearing entire maps, you'll still outlvl the game by the time you're 60.

So that would be playing on easy for the console version. Not sure how that comparison holds up though. It's not like you can go out and buy flawless square gems and items with sockets and + exp on the AH...

Or you could also decide to just have fun and not powergame. :)
Power gaming is my fun :)

I have gotten every character to 60 on PC so i am not buying it for the story. I NEED DAT LOOT. 15 minutes till the store opens so i am gonna head out before my head cold disables me from driving.

MrDaravon

Power gaming is my fun :)

I have gotten every character to 60 on PC so i am not buying it for the story. I NEED DAT LOOT.

Yeah, I have a shitload of time on the PC version, so I'm also in the boat where I want to hit 60/Inferno ASAP just to see the differences at that point. I totally agree though that if you haven't played the game before just roll with it and don't worry about that :D

Bummed that the PC version is down for another ~4 hours for maintenance, can't even get my fix that way. Hopefully my copy of this shows up today.

Drame

Act 1 done. The bosses feel way tougher on normal when compared to pc.

Legendaries count: 0. Drop rate is fine, heh.

Grabbing pizza and off I go to act 2!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I haven't played either of those games, I was only speaking from my experience.

well its indeed rare.
those are the only two games ive seen this. Which is even more irritating because inferno pool is a really small psn title that is years old.

more games should take advantage of the feature, when even such a small title does it.

PARANO1A

Got my first legendary in act 2 - a ring with some of good stats that complement my class. Have to say I'm loving this. I hit level 60 on PC and I'm having more fun, comfy couch and all that. Plus I'm spending my time playing the game, not dropping to the auction house every time I hit a portal.

Also - my god the wizard rocks. Way faster and more intimidating than my witch doctor ever was.

Sigmaah

Fuck, I wanna buy this today but I do not wanna drop 60 for it, any place selling it lower or maybe I could price match someplace? Help!

I see toys r us still has it for 45 but I need a place that takes trade ins cause I have no money atm (well, just a bit but that's it) what to do...

I preordered ps3 version at gamestop but bailed due to DF saying 360 better version

They price matched toys at target for $45 so bought 360 version there instead

Shows on front "Infernal Helm" but nothing else. Can anyone confirm they get the other stuff like angelic wings (not the PS3 exclusives items obviously)

For people worried about monster density and framerate:

I had to pause it but I put the health bars on so you could see them better. Framerate is solid too. No dips. This is on hard difficulty in case you can't see it in the image.

IvorB

I can't believe I'm buying a game for £50.

EDIT:

This is one of those games that I just wouldn't want the disk on. :(

Oh well, traded some games yesterday and used some GAME reward points to top up my wallet so it doesn't sting quite so much.

Fifty quid, mate???? Even Game is selling for less...

BFIB

Legendary drops on the Normal difficulty playthrough!?

Holy shit. Have a strong feeling I'm going to cave and get a copy.

Number45

Fifty quid, mate???? Even Game is selling for less...
Yeah I know, (publisher set) PSN prices. :(

I *never* buy retail games from there day one (and seldom PSN titles), but this is one game that I know I'll play on and off forever (or until the PS4 version hits) so paid for the convenience.

I traded a load of crap anyway, so it's not as painful to my wallet. It's the principle that stings - I seldom pay more than £15 for anything game related any more.

EDIT: It's also one of only two franchises that gets me to buy from Activision. My mind mentally blocks that word out when I buy Blizzard games.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
PlayStation version doesn't have option for install i'f u buy retail unless I'm being retarded

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, the dodge roll feels and looks really awkward. As if it is skipping a few frames, and at least on Demon Hunter, the landing is a smidge backed up over where the roll should have ended. So nitpicky, but it just looks and acts so awkward it's hard not to notice. Just expected more polish from Blizzard adding that in.

Number45

PlayStation version doesn't have option for install i'f u buy retail unless I'm being retarded
Not a full install, but some of them have a mandatory install for some game files (to keep performance up due to the slow read speed of the BR).

Man, the dodge roll feels and looks really awkward. As if it is skipping a few frames, and at least on Demon Hunter, the landing is a smidge backed up over where the roll should have ended. So nitpicky, but it just looks and acts so awkward it's hard not to notice. Just expected more polish from Blizzard adding that in.
Both online and off?

Can anyone who did not preorder confirm on 360 they got the items

"Angelic Wings" - Taunt the forces of the Burning Hells by sprouting a cosmetic pair of glowing angel wings
"Bottled Cloud Dye" - Dye your armor sets a cloudy white with this heavenly dye
"Bottled Smoke Dye" - Dye your armor sets an eerie smoky black with this sinister dye

since front cover only says infernal helm

DSmalls84

I will be playing the PS3 version this week if anyone wants to add me to their friend list.

Trying to decide which class to play is tough. I already have a max lvl Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and Wizard on pc. How are the Demon Hunter and Monk? Leaning towards the DH.

Top Bottom