• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

BFIB

I will be playing the PS3 version this week if anyone wants to add me to their friend list.

Trying to decide which class to play is tough. I already have a max lvl Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and Wizard on pc. How are the Demon Hunter and Monk? Leaning towards the DH.

Demon Hunter is a blast, especially once you get to higher levels.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So this game is pretty fucking good so far

DAMN

IvorB

I gotta stop reading this thread; it's getting me too hyped. Might buy it after work and try play a bit this evening after gym.

I didn't preorder and got them all. 360, PAL.

Did u just enter the code for infernal helm?

I opened package since paying $45 is more appealing to me than trying to get the preorder edition from gamestop (I preordered PS3 edition, before the DF article said its weaker)

The card inside has code and only mentions infernal helm...

Voidance

Did u just enter the code for infernal helm?

I opened package since paying $45 is more appealing to me than trying to get the preorder edition from gamestop (I preordered PS3 edition, before the DF article said its weaker)

The card inside has code and only mentions infernal helm...
The items you previously listed (dyes and wings) are part of the Infernal Helm pack.

Is ranged combat difficult? Seems like it would be tough to target accurately without a mouse?
It is a little weird at first. I'm playing as a wizard (new to me) and it is taking a little adjustment. I don't have any real issues hitting who/what I want, though.

Is ranged combat difficult? Seems like it would be tough to target accurately without a mouse?

It works like a charm to be honest. While firing the left stick basically lets you switch targets, though I agree that hitting the more important enemy stuck between the mob is a pain, it is not annoying.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
TRU should be shipping my PS3 copy today, so hopefully I'll get it before the week is over. I'll be playing on PS3 if anyone wants to add me (username same as on here). I'm trying to decide which class I want to play - currently debating between Wizard, Demon Hunter, and Monk. I usually prefer ranged classes (i.e., mage, hunter), but the Monk seems like a cool combination of melee and magic. Maybe I'll check out some videos to see how they play.

Curufinwe

Playing as a Demonhunter with dual crossbows it seems to work great.

I think I'll play Demon Hunter for my solo playthru when I have the whole screen to myself. I tried it on the PC demo and couldn't get past cick-to-move, but I usually play ranged characters in these games on consoles with Torchlight being the most recent example.

For co-op with my wife I might try Monk. I assume she'll want to be the Barbarian based on her character choices in BG Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

it would be great if you could remap the right analog to the firing direction for demon hunter or other ranged attacks

as it is, do you have to move in the direction of enemy to autoaim at them?

Gonna play mage as I normally do. Is the mage female in this again? Any option to change that?

All the classes have male and female versions.

I got this today, am level 10 Monk and just beat the first boss (presumably mid-boss of Act I?). Am having a blast! I do not regret this purchase.

Just a reminder for people - toys r us is $45 and target will price match since its published on its website

Also, seems they have the pre-order bonuses in the first print run (not sure about the PS3 exclusive items though, I picked up 360 copy)

smr00

Banned
Got a Hunter to 10 but i am thinking about switching to either Wizard or Doctor.

The DH is fun but that was the first class i rolled on PC and probably put 60-80 hours into that class.

Voidance

The deed is done...this is the first time I ever double dipped in something that isn't Metal Gear.
You make it sound so... dirty. ;^)

Can you change difficulty at any time? I started on Normal, but I'd like to take Hard for a test drive without starting a new character.

Got a Hunter to 10 but i am thinking about switching to either Wizard or Doctor.

The DH is fun but that was the first class i rolled on PC and probably put 60-80 hours into that class.
I played DH on PC too, for around 100 or so hours. I decided to try out the wizard on consoles. Going smoothly so far!

Played through Act 2 and started Act 3 as a Witch Doctor. Atarted on Normal (Normal). Got 2 legendaries in 2 minutes at the end of Act 2, with one of them being a legendary axe with an Int boost, perfect for a WD. Increased difficulty to Hard, got 2 more legendaries, bracers and chest armor. Now I'm playing on MP1 and its going flawlessly. I haven't played any action RPGs after Titan Quest (except for Torchlight a bit) and this is so awesome. A great X360 port as well.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Does anyone have any screenshots or videos of hacked characters yet? I'm already hearing stories about it. It'll be fun to see what people can pull off.

Number45

Rolling a Barbarian again. None of the other classes gave me anywhere near the satisfaction of leaping in and letting rip (then dying shortly afterwards in harder difficulties! :p).

So are you guys getting it for PS3 or 360?
PS3 for day one digital and the possibility that progress will transfer over to a PS4 version. Of course that possibility exists only in my mind and hasn't even been hinted at.

But there also hasn't been any peep about a Bone version - only PS4 for next gen, for now.

BTW - Impressions: This is Diablo. My mains on PC were Barbarian and Demon Hunter so giving Monk a spin for now. So far not a single problem to report - its smooth sailing, and ass kicking.

smr00

Banned
PS3 for day one digital and the possibility that progress will transfer over to a PS4 version. Of course that possibility exists only in my mind and hasn't even been hinted at.

But there also hasn't been any peep about a Bone version - only PS4 for next gen, for now.
They actually said they are looking into that and i am sure they will find a way.

I assume it can't be that hard for them to take saves and transfer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dat first legendary! upgrade chest from 3 armor +1 experience per kill :lol

So going back to one of my earlier curiosities about this game...

Has anyone felt the urge to trade/sell with people outside of your friends list, and if so how have you gone about it? OR is the itemization just that good in that you don't need to trade items to get something good because you get solid drops frequently.

smr00

Banned
So going back to one of my earlier curiosities about this game...

Has anyone felt the urge to trade/sell with people outside of your friends list, and if so how have you gone about it? OR is the itemization just that good in that you don't need to trade items to get something good because you get solid drops frequently.
Not high enough to trade/sell but i have absolutely no problem with doing it.

Once i hit 60 and start getting stuff to trade/sell i will use forums and stuff to trade. One of the biggest draws to the original diablo and diablo 2 was hunting for gear in game and to trade. AH killed all of that for me and it's why i am so excited for this.

smr00

Banned
LOL, we're all rolling Demon Hunter.
I initially did and got him 10 and now i am deciding between Wizard or Doctor. I love the DH but i just don't have the energy to get another DH to 60 right now. I put too many hours on a DH on the PC version.

Not high enough to trade/sell but i have absolutely no problem with doing it.

Once i hit 60 and start getting stuff to trade/sell i will use forums and stuff to trade. One of the biggest draws to the original diablo and diablo 2 was hunting for gear in game and to trade. AH killed all of that for me and it's why i am so excited for this.

I am more interested in the process of it on Console, since its basically a one click deal on PC.

IvorB

Okay here is a question: can one mix local and online co-op. Can I play couch co-op with my mate and have a remote buddy join us? That would be pretty awesome...

smr00

Banned
As someone who has been out of the PC D3 game for awhile, what class is better at farming items? Wizard or Doctor?

Yoshichan

dat secondary legendary :lol

dubq

Okay here is a question: can one mix local and online co-op. Can I play couch co-op with my mate and have a remote buddy join us? That would be pretty awesome...

I haven't tried but I would wager that you can. Anyone confirm this?

Top Bottom