• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think the PS5 Pro still exists?

is the PS5 Pro real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Phoenix

Fuck... not good enough. It turned out to be a question.

There is a certain kinda thread I have been waiting for, it's one of those where is the PS5pro or I think its been cancelled type threads that pops up and then boom, a day or week later it gets announced.

I was hoping this thread was it... but its not.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
how to sell $1000 console

step 1 make a $499 console
step 2 make a new $499 console to run the same games and sell it to exactly the same people.

I think it's real and I like it because it will leave Microsoft behind

th4tguy

I’m positive it’s something Sony worked on but I’m not so sure it’s something that will actually get released. There just doesn’t seem to be a good enough selling point.
4k seemed like a pretty big deal when the pro consoles were last released. There just isn’t the same kind of NEED there.
Very curious what happens with this as I’d expect they would already be in the manufacturing part of this process and there haven’t been any leaks there.

dano1

A Sheep
All you it’s not real till it’s announced. I’ll bet you $100 right now it comes out before the end of the year.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
Honestly a Pro version of current consoles seems a big waste.
I disagree, Sony has 11 AAA games in secret any game with nextgen visuals consoles suffer, Hellblade 2 is basically a full hd 30fps game on xbox series x.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
100% its real
Blah I’m not going to trust some old man who lives on forums as my proof! Show me pics or I’ll start a petition to have you and your kind banned… I been sitting outside Best Buy for weeks going off your word!!

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Dokku

Yes it exists and I have one.

No I won't post proof. You guys just have to believe me. My sources would be livid if I divulged any details. By the time I'm allowed to show you guys it'll be out anyway.

#blindfaithplease

RAIDEN1

It is real yes, as Sony want to extract MORE money out of you, they feel the PS5 standard edition has already passed it's sell by date, and want to make even MORE profit from the platform....this is the fashion right now, interim updates...like it was last generation..

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
All those leaked before it was announced
5GC8bzp.jpeg
GUVB5Kw.png
VwP1e3j.jpeg
631MGOB.jpeg

Do you know what's leaked for the PS5 Pro that releases in a few months?
Nothing!
Doesn't mean it don't exist, but there's nothing saying it does.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

what factors may have led you to conclude why PS5 Pro's are not real?
Not conclude, per se. But last gen consoles where way weaker compared to pcs. This gen we almost don't need a pro. Also the lack of material proof still got me wondering. But, the time of disbelief is now, we will only be sure when it is officially announced.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not conclude, per se. But last gen consoles where way weaker compared to pcs. This gen we almost don't need a pro. Also the lack of material proof still got me wondering. But, the time of disbelief is now, we will only be sure when it is officially announced.
Sony forcing MLiD to remove his video should be enough proof not to mention the sites reporting talking to Devs who have devkits and working on Pro enhanced games.

rkofan87

Gold Member
It's an inevitability, but in a world where the latest releases get 60fps modes on a base PS5, I'm really struggling to see the appeal right now.

If GTA 6 is 30 on a PS5 and 60 on a Pro then we'll talk.
yes but its only 60fps at 1080p the pro hopefully will be 4k 60fps.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Where have you been?

bijYgN9.jpeg
jJZpKpr.png
What you are showing me it not the same.
In fact I don't even know with the way it is presented what it's actual purpose is...
Was Jim Ryan emailing people this or something.

What's funny is Sony has had some major leaks lately, yet nothing on PS5 Pros existence.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
At this point I assume it will be unveiled in August or September and then on sale like October-November

ChiefDada

Gold Member
What you are showing me it not the same.
In fact I don't even know with the way it is presented what it's actual purpose is...
Was Jim Ryan emailing people this or something.

What's funny is Sony has had some major leaks lately, yet nothing on PS5 Pros existence.

Lmao it literally is the same thing. Leaked from Sony developer portal and subsequently taken down via copyright claim by SIE.

Bernardougf

I think its real.. I also think I dont give a shit about it anymore... if there's a 30 fps game I really want to play and it is 60 fps on the p5pro I might buy it .. if not Ill just wait for nextgen ... Sony isnt right now giving me one reason to buy this thing... but lets wait for the reveal.. who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom