• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think the PS5 Pro still exists?

is the PS5 Pro real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Mog

Maybe, but who's watching your lunch while you're scrolling ?

Anyway yes PS5 pro exists, at least as much as OP needs attention.
I didn't scroll at all, no need to read the thread, the title is enough. It's the equivalent of a thread titled "Do you think the Earth is still round?"

Boglin

I don't think it exists. But to be honest I don't think other people exist either and everyone else despawns when I'm not around.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GAF:

Where Are You What GIF by Yung Bae

SONY every time there's almost a leak:

Images Repair GIF by getflexseal

The Pro is something the fans made up because of previous generation. I dont even know what is the point of the Pro when we know MS wont be coming out with their own high end X like last gen so who exactly are they competing with? Or better yet, how about getting the maximum out of the current PS5, instead of releasing cross gen titles all the time. We barely scratched what a full PS5 game can look like and its been 4 years. Might as well wait another 2+ years and get the PS6.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

At least this survey is a probe of what percentage of GAF is not informed or, more likely, completely bananas. Not gonna lie: I’m disappointed the numbers aren’t higher.

I think it exists but I wonder if it will actually release to the public. There hasn't been too many games released that make full use of the PS5 yet so they may hold it back as it will likely be quite expensive and go down badly with the public.
Having said that I would be down to get one so long as its not ridiculously priced. Always am down for improved gaming tech.

tr1p1ex

PS5 Pro never made sense to me. But I admit there have been recent reports that seem credible that say it is coming.

But Switch Pro was coming until it wasn't. Strongly didn't think that one was going to happen. It wasn't Nintendo. But WSJ/Bloomberg even said it was coming. 4k was coming. :)

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That's not true. The reports of the Pro came from known insiders. I believe Tom Henderson was the one who first reported it. Later leaked documents provided a good bit of information about the specs of the Pro. There is solid evidence that it more than likely exists.
Some were saying the Pro was 100% real over 2 years ago when the first set of specs were being whispered about when Tom didn't think it was coming

Sorcerer

It's real. Stuck in a cubby hole at Research and Development. Soon to crated and moved to a warehouse, Raiders of the Ark Style, never to be seen again. It will be friends with the Batarang controller.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Lots of sources says it is real but Well just hope it does not ends like the Abandoned thread

Last edited:

Poordevil

It isnt officially confirmed therefore its not real right now, it will most likely be real in the future.

Common sense tells me that theyre working on it, but its not real yet until its official.
Actually confirmation or offical announcement from Sony has no bearing on the existence of a PS5 Pro.
It either exists in our physical universe or it doesn't. Announcement does not bring it into reality.

onQ123

:confused: It's a myth or it's real? I know of witnesses. I think they are credible.

But, for those of you who doubt:

What makes you think it isn't real? I'm not questioning you per se, I am questioning what factors may have led you to conclude why PS5 Pro's are not real?

If it can be proven to be fakes, then I certainly would like to know too and say these PS5 Pro are not real.

189f2bb3a210a6ee6edb32f0cedef875.gif
It's basically a troll tactic, the tactic doesn't really make sense because the product will release regardless of their online chatter but in the mean time the trolls have something to do.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
It's basically a troll tactic, the tactic doesn't really make sense because the product will release regardless of their online chatter but in the mean time the trolls have something to do.
I think there are also some delusional people out there, because they want a Pro deep down, but are poor.

Or they feel stuck with their vanilla PS5. 😢

DragonNCM

I don't know why Sony is going for PS5 pro again when they know it will be same shit like PS4 pro vs PS4 & definitely worst in sales.

The PS5 base model is still in process of justifying its own existence, but, yeah, I think they're working on a PS5 Pro.

I'm a video game nerd on a video game forum who has bought every base PlayStation from 2-5, and even I am having a hard time justifying why I would get a Pro.

The only kind-of-known product that would get me to buy one is Grand Theft Auto 6 if the performance increase is good enough.

SenkiDala

Folks are trolling when they vote no right?
Could be cancelled. Many media talked about a HD version of the Wii back then, many people said they saw it, many people were so sure of it, and finally nothing. Years later we heard it has been cancelled.

I don't have opinion about the PS5 Pro, I don't really care. I still think mid get consoles are a very bad idea, useless, and will make the PS6 looks like "ah, that's it?" like the PS5 and XSX did compared to PS4 Pro and XOX.

jm89

Could be cancelled. Many media talked about a HD version of the Wii back then, many people said they saw it, many people were so sure of it, and finally nothing. Years later we heard it has been cancelled.

I don't have opinion about the PS5 Pro, I don't really care. I still think mid get consoles are a very bad idea, useless, and will make the PS6 looks like "ah, that's it?" like the PS5 and XSX did compared to PS4 Pro and XOX.
We are hearing from the most reliable source on playstation leaks that dev kits are out. I can't imagine sony at this stage cancelling it.

RAIDEN1

Of course it does, Sony wants your money, even if there is no "game-changing" justifiable reason to bring it out, as if the PS5 was already long in the tooth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom