• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No longer feeling EG or C9....dont want to root for Secret...I guess I'm a VPP fan

don't give up on EG. they just got out drafted and sumail will need some time.

I just...I don't know if I'd entrust the most crucial position into the hands of a 15 year-old heading into a tournament that could be worth more than $10,000,000.00.

It's not too late; they might want to consider poaching someone who has more experience. I worry that growing up only 6 months or so away from TI5 might be asking too much. God bless him if he can do it, but son got schooled real hard.

Mushi is FENG. They're a pretty legendary team all told. PPD got wrecked in draft, he basically lost both those games (certainly game #2) before the horn even blew.

PPD got outdrafted in game 1 as well. It wasn't even close. No autoattackers or burst was too weak to deal with OD.

kasane

game is safe to leave when we're crushing the other team

fuck this game

i mean even if this shit is f2p this shit is inexcusable

and true to valves nature no statements

fuck this game

no fucking way dac will reach this level
hell i doubt any TI will ever reach it again

Right, definitely not. I'm talking about TI5 not DAC. TI5 will get there. People will continue to buy compendiums and the player base is bigger than ever.

game is safe to leave when we're crushing the other team

fuck this game
happened to my group last night too. up 12 - 1, suddenly lag...suddenly safe.

GG USE.

i dont play much dota nowadays but when i do servers always go full potato

fuck

so ddos for months now

ok

Are you queuing US East? I have at least 1 dud game every day on that server and I only play 2-3 games/day if I can.

USW seems more consistent but also a higher ping for me.

Anno

don't give up on EG. they just got out drafted and sumail will need some time.

I just...I don't know if I'd entrust the most crucial position into the hands of a 15 year-old heading into a tournament that could be worth more than $10,000,000.00.

It's not too late; they might want to consider poaching someone who has more experience. I worry that growing up only 6 months or so away from TI5 might be asking too much. God bless him if he can do it, but son got schooled real hard.

PPD got outdrafted in game 1 as well. It wasn't even close. No autoattackers or burst was too weak to deal with OD.

Eh I don't think Sumail was the problem at all. Puck is eventually going to lose to Veno mid, especially a newcomer versus one of the most renown mids ever. Six months from now I'm sure it would be different.

The draft in game 1 at least had a chance at working if it snowballed a bit more, but that OD pick just crushed them. Game 2 was horrid in basically every way. Puck will tie at best on mid, Centaur is basically guaranteed a 15-20 minute blink offlane and Chen is garbage with every hero they drafted outside of Jugg. It was terrible.

of course im use

since my isp change im getting shit pings ons usw

well welcome to the club. you have your options, disappointing as they may be.

Eh I don't think Sumail was the problem at all. Puck is eventually going to lose to Veno mid, especially a newcomer versus one of the most renown mids ever. Six months from now I'm sure it would be different.

The draft in game 1 at least had a chance at working if it snowballed a bit more, but that OD pick just crushed them. Game 2 was horrid in basically every way. Puck will tie at best on mid, Centaur is basically guaranteed a 15-20 minute blink offlane and Chen is garbage with every hero they drafted outside of Jugg. It was terrible.

I don't disagree. Again, the drafts were just awful and really showed how bad they were when the clock hit about 20 minutes.

inkls

lol centaur must feel miserable after that misery kill and lion escapes jugg and venge haha.

edit: and he dies again. OMG mike pls stahp.

kasane

ixmike lmao
well welcome to the club. you have your options, disappointing as they may be.

I don't disagree. Again, the drafts were just awful and really showed how bad they were when the clock hit about 20 minutes.

so my option is getting an inferior experience instead of valve fixing their shit

statement from cyborgmatt a few pages ago.

ah okay then. Is there really nothing that can be done to solve DDoS attacking? I know it's about as old as the internet but I don't know much about the method. Is it just an inherent weakness of the internet as we know it, or a function of not having enough servers to handle the increase strain that DDoS puts on them?

so my option is getting an inferior experience instead of valve fixing their shit

our option.

or we can play something else. I'm sure they know just as well as anyone how shit USE has been for some time.

no see they have to release a statement about everything or we will assume all of valve died thanks to a gas leak and dota is dead forever

It would probably be good if they had some mechanism to provide real time updates regarding service denial/service issues either in the game client or in Steam itself. Riot has implemented such in League so you always know if (a) something is up and (b) what Riot is doing about it.

Nothing is worse than leaving people to guess, apply conjecture or infer what might be happening. Valve will figure that out one day.

Anno

Saw rtz do that the other day while streaming and thought it was pretty cool.

Arteezy all about that QB drop, hit, pick up QB let tower hit into last hit repeat tryhard CS

happytears.gif

Vaporak

ah okay then. Is there really nothing that can be done to solve DDoS attacking? I know it's about as old as the internet but I don't know much about the method. Is it just an inherent weakness of the internet as we know it, or a function of not having enough servers to handle the increase strain that DDoS puts on them?

I remember one of the dota updates recentish Valve mentioned some networking changes on their end that were there to help with the DDOS issue, so they're obviously aware of the issue and trying to do what they can on their end. Unfortunately DDOS attacks are just so easy to initiate with a new botnet.

I remember one of the dota updates recentish Valve mentioned some networking changes on their end that were there to help with the DDOS issue, so they're obviously aware of the issue and trying to do what they can on their end. Unfortunately DDOS attacks are just so easy to initiate with a new botnet.

I see. Unfortunate. Is it just Dota? I don't recall having any server-related issues for CSGo or TF2.

How old was he when that kid was born? 12?

15. definitely a baby face.

Hylian7

13 minute Orchid + Treads on Storm Spirit, 11/1 so far. A few minutes later, 3 disconnects at once on the other team and bad network conditions. gggggggg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I see. Unfortunate. Is it just Dota? I don't recall having any server-related issues for CSGo or TF2.
TF2 had the same kind of issues when I tried playing MvM last night, I guess what ever datacenter Valve houses their US East Servers is a Prime DDoS target. They may need to consider moving it, but I doubt that its an easy thing to do.

it has been happening to cs go as well

pretty much any major game from blizzard to ea
It would probably be good if they had some mechanism to provide real time updates regarding service denial/service issues either in the game client or in Steam itself. Riot has implemented such in League so you always know if (a) something is up and (b) what Riot is doing about it.

Nothing is worse than leaving people to guess, apply conjecture or infer what might be happening. Valve will figure that out one day.
i mean when you see reddit posts asking for valve to just acknowledge the fact that the servers are shit i just have to ask why

they know theyre bad

they know better than you reddit

theyre trying their best

oh no youre probably right they don't care and will let their most popular game be plagued with issues unless they tell you specifically theyre not that makes sense

maybe this stuff takes time and people should be patient

its not directed at you

just dumb internet masses who whine and beg when valve doesnt tell them the last time robin walker went to the bathroom

bounchfx

i mean when you see reddit posts asking for valve to just acknowledge the fact that the servers are shit i just have to ask why

they know theyre bad

theyre trying their best

oh no youre probably right they don't care and will let their most popular game be plagued with issues unless they tell you specifically theyre not that makes sense

its not directed at you

just dumb internet masses who whine and beg when valve doesnt tell them the last time robin walker went to the bathroom

waiT!

so YOUR telling me that valve knows about these! PROBLEMS, but their not fixing it and instead waiting for US!!!! to tell them?? Im never buying Valve again !

*goes back to playing dota 2*

Qvoth

Right, definitely not. I'm talking about TI5 not DAC. TI5 will get there. People will continue to buy compendiums and the player base is bigger than ever.

i dunno man, i just don't see it happening again
ti4 prize pool managed to reach that high because compendium was a new thing then, everybody was excited about the potential

i can definitely see valve upping the base prize pool into 3 million at least though

inkls

ti4 prize pool managed to reach that high because compendium was a new thing then, everybody was excited about the potential

i can definitely see valve upping the base prize pool into 3 million at least though

wasn't there a compendium at ti3 too?

shira

You are thinking NA/Euro economy and buying habits.

Chinese whales buying level 10,000 compendiums was a reality.
All they need to do is release a TI5 Roshan/Pudge hook/Platinum items for every 1000 levels.

Qvoth

You are thinking NA/Euro economy and buying habits.

Chinese whales buying level 10,000 compendiums was a reality.
All they need to do is release a TI5 Roshan/Pudge hook/Platinum items for every 1000 levels.

hmm never thought about that, makes sense

sumai lpls

they know theyre bad

theyre trying their best

its not directed at you

i see. and yea, leave Reddit alone. I only visit the trading section of that site for a reason. I don't want to get cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom