• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

sub only chat? the end of BTS is coming friends
SLx19c3.gif

Gav47

At least BTS had the brains to pick up Weppas, probably should have grabbed Skrif as well, Maut was hit and miss with obsing during the Summit.

Randdalf

Weird setup for BTS DAC.

- bring in bruno, sunsf, synd, winter to LA
- zyori, hotbid kpop to China

2 streams only with 3 games going on

There will be 3 streams: BTS1, BTS2, and Dotacinema. Super disappointing about the casting from LA thing. There is no real competition any more in the casting game: JoinDota have hamstrung themselves with DailyMotion; ayesee only does GG agency tournaments; GD Studio seems to only do DreamLeague and clown about; and there is very little new casting talent coming through. BTS have some good casters for sure, but a lot of mediocre ones as well.

Also my android keyboard is buggered when posting on GAF, the auto correct goes haywire when trying to edit and delete text.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There will be 3 streams: BTS1, BTS2, and Dotacinema. Super disappointing about the casting from LA thing. There is no real competition any more in the casting game: JoinDota have hamstrung themselves with DailyMotion; ayesee only does GG agency tournaments; GD Studio seems to only do DreamLeague and clown about; and there is very little new casting talent coming through. BTS have some good casters for sure, but a lot of mediocre ones as well.

Also my android keyboard is buggered when posting on GAF, the auto correct goes haywire when trying to edit and delete text.
The reason for the LA cast is that PW waited to long to get an English caster and a lot of BTS guys couldn't get visas in time.

I've been trying to play Leshrac lately. I like his spells and damage output but he is way too squishy and teams seem to focus on him first (makes sense though).

Other than using edict and euls up in the air how can you stay alive with him? He seems like one of the slowest characters as well with his hop technique. I've tried hanging back stunning and then joining the fight but it seems like I still die quickly. Maybe I just need to stay further away and let the aoe do the work?

Basically, you need a tank. Just stay behind him or another carry and just try your best to just kite around. He's pretty much a hero that requires you to always just hang around at the back.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've been trying to play Leshrac lately. I like his spells and damage output but he is way too squishy and teams seem to focus on him first (makes sense though).

Other than using edict and euls up in the air how can you stay alive with him? He seems like one of the slowest characters as well with his hop technique. I've tried hanging back stunning and then joining the fight but it seems like I still die quickly. Maybe I just need to stay further away and let the aoe do the work?
You want a setup stun or euls on top of levels and farm (you farm insanely fast). Then you just kill everyone before BKB.

Chris R

Reported for NOT feeding (like the rest of the team was). Huh, thats a new one. I swear the idiots are out in force tonight.

I like how we lost even after their BS dc'd because people kept charging him 1 at a time even though he was 7 or 8 levels up on them.

Carlius

Banned
AM funnest carry in the game? man i am loving this motherfucker, specially late game. I love mana voiding in a teamfight, i love mana breaking an invoker, i love bashing a stupid ass lina and then exploding her with my ult.

ah yes, AM, my new favorite carry.

AM funnest carry in the game? man i am loving this motherfucker, specially late game. I love mana voiding in a teamfight, i love mana breaking an invoker, i love bashing a stupid ass lina and then exploding her with my ult.

ah yes, AM, my new favorite carry.

other than slark, weaver, and clinkz maybe.

Mordeccai

Reported for NOT feeding (like the rest of the team was). Huh, thats a new one. I swear the idiots are out in force tonight.

I like how we lost even after their BS dc'd because people kept charging him 1 at a time even though he was 7 or 8 levels up on them.

I was forced to play a couple games of low prio with my friend last night cuz he drew GF agro and abandoned (this motherfucker has done this to me countless times over the past two years. He has like a 10% abandon rate cuz he is whipped as fuck).

We had the pleasure of a SB on our team that screamed in the mic right at the start "OKAY YOU FAGGOTS I HAVE A NO STOPPING CHARGE RULE".

He wasn't lying.

Dude fed 16 kills in 25 minutes. And then, the entire team turns on me, the solo support WD.

WD you fucking suck, never casts cask, casts worst ultis ever, reported.. This was because the entire enemy team was a 4 stack and had BKBs by 20 minutes. Nobody thought to say a word to SB and his feeding bullshit. SB is saying all sorts of insane shit over the microphone in a high pitched baby voice, every slur in the book.

I had to tell my friend he's on his own for the last 5 games of LP. I can't deal with that shit, my eyes were about to explode from my head from the stupidity.

shira

I was forced to play a couple games of low prio with my friend last night cuz he drew GF agro and abandoned (this motherfucker has done this to me countless times over the past two years. He has like a 10% abandon rate cuz he is whipped as fuck).

We had the pleasure of a SB on our team that screamed in the mic right at the start "OKAY YOU FAGGOTS I HAVE A NO STOPPING CHARGE RULE".

He wasn't lying.

Dude fed 16 kills in 25 minutes. And then, the entire team turns on me, the solo support WD.

WD you fucking suck, never casts cask, casts worst ultis ever, reported.. This was because the entire enemy team was a 4 stack and had BKBs by 20 minutes. Nobody thought to say a word to SB and his feeding bullshit. SB is saying all sorts of insane shit over the microphone in a high pitched baby voice, every slur in the book.

I had to tell my friend he's on his own for the last 5 games of LP. I can't deal with that shit, my eyes were about to explode from my head from the stupidity.

smile.gif

I'm not surprised BTS had a lot of Visa issues everything was super last minute for us as well.

Its a shame because I know they really wanted to be here casting from the event itself. Hopefully DAC2016 will be planned much more further ahead than this one.

Chris R

So many good games during the group stage of DAC. I know I can download them in game but I also hope the BTS VOD crew is on their game so I can watch a few at work on lunch if possible.

shira

dac2015.png

t1422417600z1.png

Wings Gaming vs. Energy Pacemaker
HyperGloryTeam vs. Speed Gaming
Power Rangers vs. Natus Vincere

soons
rage.gif

Wait... is that timer right?

Liquipedia has the games starting the 29th, which would be 3 days away and not two.

That's the round of 16, these games are the wildcard qualifiers

edit: Liquipedia has the WC games starting in 23h50m ;_;

edit 2: Liquipedia is wrong, time to fix it and save eSports

http://dac.dota2.com.cn/overview/index_eng.htm
Jan 28-Feb 2 4:00 GMT
PLAYOFFS

4 GMT = 23:00 EST of previous day

Chris R

Wait... is that timer right?

Liquipedia has the games starting the 29th, which would be 3 days away and not two.

edit: Liquipedia has the WC games starting in 23h50m ;_;

edit 2: Liquipedia is wrong, time to fix it and save eSports

PL is so cancer.

Does PL have Heart and Diffusal? Y/N
Do you have an Earthshaker? Y/N

If your answer to either of these questions is wrong, the game is over!

soooooo..... does hitting buildings like, prime the psuedo random distribution for pa crits? cause im watching this game and this pa was like, hit rax, hit rax, hit rax, blink 1hko ember spirit who peeked his head out, hit rax, hit rax, hit rax, blink 1hko necro who peeked his head out....

that happened like 4 times

my two single draft games have both been total stomps (with me on the bad and good ends once each) but I like the concept so maybe I'll do that & random draft instead of All Pick, because the last-second picking is really annoying

got to try shadow fiend though (because lol I'm not playing sand kunt or techies) and he's cute if your team is backing you up

Acinixys

my two single draft games have both been total stomps (with me on the bad and good ends once each) but I like the concept so maybe I'll do that & random draft instead of All Pick, because the last-second picking is really annoying

got to try shadow fiend though (because lol I'm not playing sand kunt or techies) and he's cute if your team is backing you up

Yeah SD and AR are great for forcing you our of your comfort zone

Wok

I randomed Wraith King and the enemy team drafts anti-mage, PL, and silencer

i got counterpicked

:^)

I watched part of that game and that Earth Spirit was truly good.

PL is so cancer.

Does PL have Heart and Diffusal? Y/N
Do you have an Earthshaker? Y/N

If your answer to either of these questions is wrong, the game is over!

Simply not true. This game made me realize it. I was unable to kill people in teamfights.

6CiQ7BN.png

MD9vzWj.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1118261077

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Wow I was talking to a tournament organiser and they mentioned that hats were so integral to their formula that if they don't have items to bundle with the tournament, then they won't run the tournament.

Tournaments dictated by hats example #56
4BA029FB88DA29D1B646D97818C2B613265B6985

TUSR

Banned
Wow I was talking to a tournament organiser and they mentioned that hats were so integral to their formula that if they don't have items to bundle with the tournament, then they won't run the tournament.

Tournaments dictated by hats example #56
4BA029FB88DA29D1B646D97818C2B613265B6985

I wouldn't buy tournament tickets without hats. Makes sense.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
the ticket confers so little value outside of the hats, I'm going to watch the tournament in twitch anyway

Pretty much. Especially considering that twitch streams are often a better viewing experience with panel discussions, production value etc. Without hats they're essentially relying on the community's altruistic desire to support the community which is not a sound business strategy.

Then when the hats are shit anyway which many have been lately, why buy it at all?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Then when the hats are shit anyway which many have been lately, why buy it at all?

Yup :/

I bought dota pit cause I support them and they actually pay out winnings. But I usually only watch on twitch unless I'm trying to learn how to play better.

Unless they Integrate the twitch production value into DOTA2 TV it will only keep dwindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom