• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
One of the guys I play with (who is a notorious WASD user) I just found out today does not use a stop/hold position key. At all. When playing. I don't even know what to do at this point and I need some serious, heartfelt advice guys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One of the guys I play with (who is a notorious WASD user) I just found out today does not use a stop/hold position key. At all. When playing. I don't even know what to do at this point and I need some serious, heartfelt advice guys.

I use WASD, and have multiple stop keys! ~ and Keypad - are both stop keys. Makes animation canceling is a tad hard (Though with my spell keys being 1234, its not that bad, I just have to actually take my hands off of WASD)

I also have two fortify keys, and I keep forgeting to unbind the second one. Both G and L are Fortify, and I hit G by mistake pretty often when I need to actually use the courier button (H)

Since I already typed all this out, Items are F1-F6, and item 6 is also on F. It makes 5 of the 6 items pretty easy to hit, Item 6 is in a really great location so I often put things like Blink, Phase Boots, and Magic Stick on it, and will often stick non-actives or TP scrolls on F5, since with the small break in keys between F4 and F5, its a bit hard to get.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DrKirby please my virgin eyes.
facepalm.gif

Chris R

I must be the only one who uses default controls with a few minor tweaks (no auto attack but with auto attack after spell cast for one!)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, a transaction from July 20th at Key Arena just posted like 3 days ago. Can they do it? I mean, its for $10, I likely bought some food for $10, but its just not expected.

I must be the only one who uses default controls with a few minor tweaks (no auto attack but with auto attack after spell cast for one!)

No, most people are like that, I'm the odd one out.

DPhentom

Not sure if you guys will be able to answer this but if I were to buy the TI 4 compendium from the market place, would it still unlock the prizes such as the prediction taunt?

Chris R

No blink????

tiny and axe were on point with the alley-oops so I never really felt kited/the need to initiate with stun. They were practically running into 'em! Woulda bought mkb instead of halberd in hindsight, actually.

Ah cool, must be nice to have a team you can actually work with and rely on for initiation.

Mordeccai

juggernaut is such ez wins that I jsut won with him while drunk. I havent drank in months and literally just pressed R to win.

ok i actually farmed a bit but still. ez hero ez life.

i love that this is the world we live in where i can watch 4 dudes huddle around a white board tim russert style at like midnight on a friday live on the internet

Kard8p3

hmmm GAF what are ur thoughts on how to buff Lina (calling Swift)?

I was thinking why not do something akin to empowering haste with Fiery Soul(i.e. make it an active), you activate it and your team in idk, like a 350 radius get an attack speed bonus, maybe half of whatever Lina's passive is at(so teammates would have 20/28/35/43). I think it would be OP as fuck to let it last 10 seconds on allies, so maybe only 5 seconds or so. Afterwards Fiery Soul would be on CD(45 seconds, 30 at least) and be halved for Lina. Probably make it cost mana as well or it would be hella OP. 100/115/130/145 or something along those lines.

idk im drunk and watching DAC.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
hmmm GAF what are ur thoughts on how to buff Lina (calling Swift)?

I was thinking why not do something akin to empowering haste with Fiery Soul(i.e. make it an active), you activate it and your team in idk, like a 350 radius get an attack speed bonus, maybe half of whatever Lina's passive is at(so teammates would have 20/28/35/43). I think it would be OP as fuck to let it last 10 seconds on allies, so maybe only 5 seconds or so. Afterwards Fiery Soul would be on CD(45 seconds, 30 at least) and be halved for Lina. Probably make it cost mana as well or it would be hella OP. 100/115/130/145 or something along those lines.

idk im drunk and watching DAC.

let her nuke + stun combo one shot creepwaves like in hon (aka give the stun +20 damage)

a3den

Can anybody point me towards some good axe players to watch. I wanna see how a pro plays the red god. I usually end up going too ham and over estimating my beefiness, then falling off really hard.

Just watch some DAC, he's about the most picked hero so far.

JC Sera

Can anybody point me towards some good axe players to watch. I wanna see how a pro plays the red god. I usually end up going too ham and over estimating my beefiness, then falling off really hard.
My buddy who always plays Axe has this as his major problem.
We've started playing Axe+Skywrath offlane together and his winrate has definitely improved (45% to 55% winrate).

This is just potato bracket 2-3k stuff we play, so take it with many grains of salt, but heres what I've observed so far
  • Axe works really well with friends with compliment him. I think thats a super important aspect that is over looked with him, cause some people try to play him as a "solo queue I can do everything and win this game for my team with no communication hero" which is just a bad play style in general. Communicate with your team when you are initiating.
  • Heroes with AoE nukes/team fight ultis go amazing with him during a 3+ hero call. Examples being skywrath, lina, witch doctor.
  • He goes great as a face tank for ranged squishier carries and makes good space. Drow + Axe is super good.
  • Armor reduction is super important. Dazzle and Slardar are more good friends. Medallion on a support is wonderful. On the flip side keep an eye on your armor late game, and whether you think you have enough to live or if you should build more. Call won't always be off cool down.
  • Farm the jungle when not killing people. Farm the enemy jungle preferably, make them too scared to go in there. This is super important. It both accelerates your farm and decelerates theirs. Agressive warding is key for this.
  • Supports who build blue boots are essential and you should be really nice to them and ask for mana often, even just to top you off to full.
  • Heaven's Halberd is really good if they are dependant on right click damage. Best for dealing with PA and Troll.

sorry for the wall of text. Unfortunately the most important thing to learn, judging risk, is something you can't really take advice for and can only learn through trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom