• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think CM can possibly be weak after her buffs. She's not so great against Jugg though which is a problem lately.

I think you need to pick her with a team that can compliment your early aggression though. Like Hylian's team here is just a tiny bit greedy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
About what? I'm basically useless here because I'm the only support, and our team absolutely cannot be aggressive early, any attempt to just gets me killed by Pudge or QoP because my team can't help me.
maybe ur bad at support
rip team, dont think that was a good CM with your teams comp vs theirs. There's nothing you can do to stop them from killing your heroes

*oh boy lots of typing, long post inc.

Yeah fuck CM, I'm too useless with a Pudge and QoP around. Can't do anything at all.

if you trade a death or two for good wards, you can effectively snowball your ability to support due to handicapping their ability to pick you off. Stop warding obvious places and develop a good game sense so you can get up the wards, and then it's easier to keep them up. ezpz.

Hylian7

maybe ur bad at support

No shit, that's why I'm trying to improve on it. It just seems super frustrating, especially in the last match I just played. Our team was Medusa, CM (me), Slark, SF, and Lifestealer. We have like no early game except for me. Dusa and I were against Pudge and Windrunner. I couldn't even stand out or range and cast spells without dying, due to the fact that we had like no early game at all. I don't know how else it was possible to win that game.

Also, Dota network down?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No shit, that's why I'm trying to improve on it. It just seems super frustrating, especially in the last match I just played. Our team was Medusa, CM (me), Slark, SF, and Lifestealer. We have like no early game except for me. Dusa and I were against Pudge and Windrunner. I couldn't even stand out or range and cast spells without dying, due to the fact that we had like no early game at all. I don't know how else it was possible to win that game.
Should be counterpicking supports in AP yo.

Also if you learn and watch before diving in you'll have a much better time being less frustrated. Also go over your replays and see why and when you died, etc.

Hylian7

Patch came out?

Should be counterpicking supports in AP yo.

Also if you learn and watch before diving in you'll have a much better time being less frustrated. Also go over your replays and see why and when you died, etc.

I have a general good idea why I died most of the times I did that match, most of them being I was anywhere near the fight at all and bad calls. I just wasn't sure what else to do in that match to win it.

shira

If you buy $60 in points, you can get some Radiance Blades for Alchemist :eek: :eek: :eek:
$60 for a dead hero. valve be trippin
7b99b6ec48.png

the only annoying thing about playing CM (aside from the ms) is teammates who whine when you don't max aura ASAP

manage your shit better, the aura will come with time, thx

Chris R

the only annoying thing about playing CM (aside from the ms) is teammates who whine when you don't max aura ASAP

manage your shit better, the aura will come with time, thx

eh aura whine is fine, but when they try to tell me to build shadowblade/bkb I let them know where they can fuck off to damn quick.

But I realize I kinda never build shadowblade, even on Kunkka.

I can't not die as support. It seems so fucking hard.

as long as your deaths aren't pointless - i.e. giving the rest of the team space, saving a carry, securing objectives, etc - it's not the end of the world

if you're dying for nothing you need to figure out what needs to change and change it quick

supporting is tough

Hylian7

as long as your deaths aren't pointless - i.e. giving the rest of the team space, saving a carry, securing objectives, etc - it's not the end of the world

if you're dying for nothing you need to figure out what needs to change and change it quick

supporting is tough

It always feels like any attempt to be aggressive gets me killed for sure. Playing defensively makes me still die if they come to our lane, but I die less than actually trying to be aggressive.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It always feels like any attempt to be aggressive gets me killed for sure. Playing defensively makes me still die if they come to our lane, but I die less than actually trying to be aggressive.
playing aggressively =/= use spells on them and right click

go watch first page first person supporters in client and read those links about zoning i sent to you a year ago

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But... Earth Spirit is the Earth Spirit of supports???
disapprove.gif

NBtoaster

Oh right. I've been conditioned into thinking es is mainly an offlane hero because whenever I want to carry there's always one in my lane kicking rocks at me.

pompidu

So apparently if your getting slowed while your getting omnislahsed (ability draft) it also disables the use of items. Why does slow affect item use?

I'm only potato support myself but some random tips from watching those games:

-I think CM should go 1-1-1 at level 3 in most games, maybe unless you're 100% sure no fighting will happen til level 4
-you should pull the big creep before biting so you can auto-attack without tanking the other creeps
-consider maxing bite earlier, it's 300 damage on 7 second cd now (but YMMV)
-check your mana pool before taking level 2 freezing field, it costs 400 mana for some reason
-her bite does disable blinks and does 150 damage at level 1 so roaming on a quop isn't totally out of the question. (Say if your SF lands double raze.) At least have a look mid to see if she's low. (It's not like babysitting a potato like dusa was accomplishing that much.)
-with both heroes I feel like you spent a lot of time on the lane with full mana when you could have been harassing with spells. Lina's first spell is 110 damage at level 1 and she has a large mana pool. CMs bite is 150 damage and she has imba regen.
-I don't think you used dragon slave enough in general, it has very long range, much longer than the cast range. It seemed like you prioritize landing the stun asap when you can start with slave and get a stack of her passive to close the gap with.
-you spent a ton of time trying to farm mana boots on Lina while team was fighting, I don't think they're really that important for her, she has large int gain. In fact some players skip them completely to get phase boots or a faster Euls.
-consider if you can wait for enemy heroes to show before warding unsafe places, I know it's a nasty catch 22 where you need vision to ward and you need wards for vision. You can even buy a smoke just to go on a warding adventure against heroes like clock or the space cow.

Mordeccai

Can anybody point me towards some good axe players to watch. I wanna see how a pro plays the red god. I usually end up going too ham and over estimating my beefiness, then falling off really hard.

Carlius

Banned
I'll not play ranked until Axe, Troll and Jugg are nerfed. Especially Axe is in virtually every single game I've played in lately.

Not to say, the new patch won't overbuff any heroes but it usually takes some time for OPness to be discovered.

lol i think jugg maybe, but axe? no way man, if anything i want more buffs for him, hes so bad late game it snot even funny. i once had 3 hearts and a fat wk would just own me in 4 or 5 hits. so dumb.

Baha

Looks like all Genuine Eternal Radiance Blades are non-marketable till Feb. 28th. Wonder if that applies to market purchased Genuine Eternal Radiance Blades which are marketable after 1 week.....

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Second highest damage on team as CM with almost 17k (Dusa was 18k), got commended for good ultis. That shit is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom