• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

With lanes I think its a lot more important who you are against than which one you are in. Which heroes will be in which lanes is pretty predetermined, but its pretty interesting to watch when its not what you/the other side expected and they don't know how to deal with it. Changing up lanes is a pretty important part of shifting meta
fuck offlane void

edit: fucking wow
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2usgj8/seems_like_a_lot_of_servers_just_went_down/coba74b

An hour ago we deployed a new server version in preparation for releasing a new build

NEW BLOOM FUCKING WHEN?

Chris R

Omniknight.png

Patch up!

Updated currency exchange rates for the Turkish Lira.

oh

Pratfall

my perfect twitch streamer never interacts with their chat ever under any circumstances. Nothing is more embarrassing than watching someone with a big fucking fanfare whenever anyone subscribes or donates. stinks of desperation

Chris R

my perfect twitch streamer never interacts with their chat ever under any circumstances. Nothing is more embarrassing than watching someone with a big fucking fanfare whenever anyone subscribes or donates. stinks of desperation

Eh I love it when the streamer reads and responds to questions/comments. The music/image/donation read aloud I can do without though.

I like it how Waga does it, just a thank you and he'll read your comment as long as it's sane. He'll only go nuts if it's actually an insane donation(which happens a lot).

Of course I'd rather them not acknowledge that stuff at all but it's understandable that they want to give credit where it's due.

shira

Canadian doto streamers don't take donations it seems. It's only those greedy swedes and yanks.

Hylian7

I like it how Waga does it, just a thank you and he'll read your comment as long as it's sane. He'll only go nuts if it's actually an insane donation(which happens a lot).

Of course I'd rather them not acknowledge that stuff at all but it's understandable that they want to give credit where it's due.

Something I never understood was the facecam trend. When I stream I even have a webcamn, and I will never do facecam unless there is some gameplay reason for it. Literally the only thing I can think of is if people were curious when I play Elite Dangerous about my HOTAS and TrackIR setup. For Dota I see no point and it just hogs valuable screen real estate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's to give yourself a more recognizable and human image viewers can connect to.

Think of it as marketing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Something I never understood was the facecam trend. When I stream I even have a webcamn, and I will never do facecam unless there is some gameplay reason for it. Literally the only thing I can think of is if people were curious when I play Elite Dangerous about my HOTAS and TrackIR setup. For Dota I see no point and it just hogs valuable screen real estate.
I'd watch more if you had a face cam to see your reactions

I just got my HOTS access and DAC is on. I am conflicted.

I'm wondering how many characters from Blizzard games I actually like (WC3/D2/SCBW) I can access.

Aselith

my perfect streamer cusses people out for subscribing and mocks their questions if they ask

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just got my HOTS access and DAC is on. I am conflicted.

I'm wondering how many characters from Blizzard games I actually like (WC3/D2/SCBW) I can access.

Just watch DAC, at the end of the day HOTS will still be HOTS (Likely horrible, but maybe you will actually like it), but DAC is only going to happen once.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Here's a game, given a $1000 total, how would you bet on these BO3s? No parlay bets.

ODDS said:
1 BG:C9 | 7:3
2 EG:NV | 3:2
3 HR:VG | 3:7

I'd go:
1 $500 C9
2 $300 EG
3 $200 HR
Basically, hoping to hit a long shot and hedging with EG

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
First ban position 5 supports?

You might as well just rq in the draft

I don't know, I think banning supports may actually be more viable then trying to ban out cores, it can easily make certain cores less effective or playable from secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom