• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

So how does it work with enemies seeing the pup? I'm guessing Valve surely thought this through, probably something like not having vision on CM makes you unable to see the dog.

A man with exceptional taste in supports.
smile.gif

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/35432416

edit: new CM requirements: > 50 matches played, >50% win rate with hero.
rage.gif

Reporting for duty:
DKP4tyy.png

Do healing salves work if you pop it while under the effect of a continuous damage ability, like poison or Doom?

edit: just remembered you can't use items while Doomed anyway

OMG

Imagine if smoked puppy got down low to the ground and started walking slow like was about to pounce on something.

Reporting for duty:
DKP4tyy.png

#teamCM is stronk here. This pleases me.

Do healing salves work if you pop it while under the effect of a continuous damage ability, like poison or Doom?

IIRC there is a damage tick threshold that will stop a healing salve. Can't remember how much.

Acinixys

My dick is hard as diamonds

Now your enemy will KNOW how fucked they are when eating a full duration Freezing Field

A man with exceptional taste in supports.
smile.gif

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/35432416

edit: new CM requirements: > 50 matches played, >50% win rate with hero.
rage.gif

Commend pls

iXmgsK8.png

Liar

You can salve and bottle through Rot lvls 1 - 3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, milk, how many Arcanas do you plan to get from this prediction business?

Madouu

Considering the circumstances of last year new bloom, looking at this one is a huge, HUGE drop it quantity and quality.

Disappointed to say the least.

I can't really make comparisons since I don't remember what last year new bloom had exactly but I can say that this patch is not very interesting to me, unless winter wyvern turns out to be really fun to play.

SO about (the ignored :p ) WW.
She is MUCH less complicated than Oracle.
Her Q is like firefly with DK's dragon form and shit, mana and CD gets lower. INSANE.
Her build is probably something like Q E Q Q E R Q E E

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The Puppy reacts to invisible enemy heroes? That's an issue

SO about (the ignored :p ) WW.
She is MUCH less complicated than Oracle.
Her Q is like firefly with DK's dragon form and shit, mana and CD gets lower. INSANE.
Her build is probably something like Q E Q Q E R Q E E

I don't know why you would skip her W. It'd be quite useful in lane and for ganking

Her E doesn't scale well at all

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how important do people think it is to have a high fps?

not from the point of view of personal preference, but from the point of view of player skill

I can't really make comparisons since I don't remember what last year new bloom had exactly but I can say that this patch is not very interesting to me, unless winter wyvern turns out to be really fun to play.

new hero is nice but yeah in general not incredible, but i guess that's the result of not giving a shit about cm

I don't know why you would skip her W. It'd be quite useful in lane and for ganking

Her W needs to bounce off a target to do damage and to slow. Doesn't feel reliable for me to gank but it will be good midst a 5v5 team fights + ulti.
Her healing actually scales very well. I think 100hp more per level if ally is around the same level. and reduces cool down. Don't forget the 100% physical resist for some clutch saves.

of course, this is just my first impressions.

Deadly

Am I eligible?
lvMhT7c.jpg

I was actually in the top100 on dotabuff before too but staying in it is rough. Was in the 30s, 70s and then gone.

I can't believe I'm actually going to spend money on something else than the compendium.

Divvy

Her W needs to bounce off a target to do damage and to slow. Doesn't feel reliable for me to gank but it will be good midst a 5v5 team fights + ulti.
Her healing actually scales very well. I think 100hp more per level if ally is around the same level. and reduces cool down. Don't forget the 100% physical resist for some clutch saves.

Yeah but it has a 1200 range and 4 second slow at all levels. You could use it once on a lane creep and slow down a group of heroes trying to gank your lane. You can also use it to push a lane, or chase down heroes. It's definitely worth having a level of, and a 340 damage AoE nuke is pretty rare in the game so I would say it's worth maxing early as well.

I don't think it scales that much unless the wiki description is wrong. It's only a 1% increase in healing per level so with 1000 hp, you're only getting 60 extra hp per level

EDIT: That terrorblade ulti hat looks so bad

Night_Hand

Neo Member

I am a really greedy support player and I only play supports that can farm a stack easily. If I played WW I would get a value point in the third skill but probably max the first and second skills earlier.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i don't really get how WW is supposed to work. is there some synergy between her skills that i'm missing that gives some clue about how you're supposed to play her?

Haly

Long range CC machine.

Look at her skills:
Arcitc Burn - 1000 range slow
Splinter Blast - 1200 range AoE slow
Cold Embrace - 1000 range 4 second disable
Winter's Curse - 800 range AoE disable

Divvy

Actually I think her W is one of the highest damage AoE non ultimate nukes in the game, only behind the pure damage nukes like purificaiton and whirling death, and a max range plasma field, and max charge powershot/illuminate

inkls

of course, this is just my first impressions.

7 sec cd, 40% slow and you cna use creeps to bounce

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Long range CC machine.

Look at her skills:
Arcitc Burn - 1000 range slow
Splinter Blast - 1200 range AoE slow
Cold Embrace - 1000 range 4 second disable
Winter's Curse - 800 range AoE disable

i see, that makes sense

you can't cast cold embrace on enemies though, i think (?)

i guess she's like long range fire support/cc

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Only draw back is you can't target enemy dirrectly.

Also, I'm am now prepared to collect some Charms of Offerings.
blackdeath.jpg

manfestival

RIP jungenaut
you were so much fun while you lasted. at least I got to use your free immortal sword while I had a chance

RIP in pepperoni

Haly

Yeah, 340 magic damage at level 4 is extreme.

Just theorycrafting her skills, this is her combo at 6:

Curse -> Splinter -> Arctic Burn -> Attack all of them once for 30% health damage
you can't cast cold embrace on enemies though, i think (?)

Its usage will be similar to Shackleshot.

Haly

Oh, woops, well, it would've been too strong otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom