• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Yea I dream threw so hard like immediately after they just said he shows up for big tournaments.

So both NA teams all the way out?

Alur

Yeah both still in. This is just second group stage. Works best this way so that the 4 best teams go through to semifinals no matter what.

Ketch

How long dos it go on for tonight? Are they going to brackets tonight?

Also how do you NOT go leeching plasma in this map?

Alur

Showing his dominance. We in the GAF Twitch chat breh. Same for anyone else who wants to join, just post your name and we'll invite.

Syf

Banned
I wanted to watch more tonight but I cant keep the eyes open

pls let me wake up to c9, estar, mvp, dig final 4

Ketch

I think that the na and eu scenes are a lot stronger then in Starcraft, but a big reason SC lost a lot of popularity is because Korea literally won everything.

Alur

Viewership is actually a lot higher on this than we think.

Tonight we have 21,500 on main stream. 5,200 on second stream.

1,300 on Chinese feed, 1,200 on Russian feed, 1,100 on OGN Korean feed, 600 on Copa America/Brazil feed. 450 on a German feed. 375on Spanish (Spain) feed. 150 on French feed. All of those are on Twitch.

That's 32,000 on Twitch in the middle of the night for the two regions who watch Twitch the most. Not counting OGN's actual feed or China. I think it's p good.

Zackat

Viewership is actually a lot higher on this than we think.

Tonight we have 21,500 on main stream. 5,200 on second stream.

1,300 on Chinese feed, 1,200 on Russian feed, 1,100 on OGN Korean feed, 600 on Copa America/Brazil feed. 450 on a German feed. 375on Spanish (Spain) feed. 150 on French feed. All of those are on Twitch.

That's 32,000 on Twitch in the middle of the night for the two regions who watch Twitch the most. Not counting OGN's actual feed or China. I think it's p good.

How popular is HoTS in China?

Alur

EDIT: Looks like it's winners first. Dunno why I thought it was losers first.

How popular is HoTS in China?

I have no clue. They have their own league and eStar has the most winnings of any HOTS team without ever being at Blizzcon or any of that, though, so I would assume it's at least as popular as it is here.

Alur

My twitch is Zackatox btw. How do chat channels on twitch even work?

Think everyone in the chat went to bed, but I sent invites to you two for tomorrow night. You should see a little "1" above your Twitch chat, Zackat. Click it and there should be HOTSGAF under pending invitations.

Having just woken up, anyone able to tell me how the EU teams did?

If the team was not Korean or Chinese, it got rekt.

C9 and Dig put up good fights at least. NVT and mYi may as well hop on the next flight.

Zackat

Think everyone in the chat went to bed, but I sent invites to you two for tomorrow night. You should see a little "1" above your Twitch chat, Zackat. Click it and there should be HOTSGAF under pending invitations.

If the team was not Korean or Chinese, it got rekt.

C9 and Dig put up good fights at least. NVT and mYi may as well hop on the next flight.

Should have gone TSM. They could have stole some ESPORTS mojo or something.

And I got the invite, thanks.

Maledict

Hmm, that group B looks damn hard to escape. So Dig have to beat Naventic, then TNL in a rematch to make it through. Meanwhile C9 have to beat MyInsanity (should be easy) and then either Estar or Edward.

Get the feeling the only non-Chinese / Korean team that can get through to the finals is C9 based on those brackets.

Edit: Naventic versus Dig is basically the best USA / EU match we'll see today, so come on Dig!

Zackat

Hmm, that group B looks damn hard to escape. So Dig have to beat Naventic, then TNL in a rematch to make it through. Meanwhile C9 have to beat MyInsanity (should be easy) and then either Estar or Edward.

Get the feeling the only non-Chinese / Korean team that can get through to the finals is C9 based on those brackets.

Edit: Naventic versus Dig is basically the best USA / EU match we'll see today, so come on Dig!

yeah I am definitely going to bed after this set of games between nav and dig

Alur

So NVT is bodying Dig yet Dig had the better showing against a good team? WTF is going on in this tournament.

Also, eStar toppled. Feels good man. Too bad it was a Chinese team that did it lol

Zackat

Have they had all this Heroes Global Circuit, and all these graphics before this? With the badge going through the different Blizzard properties?

The murky game earlier was glorious

Maledict

Dig got crushed there. Hope the Kerrigan pick isn't throwing them, because they had the better team there and are better than Naventic most days.

Alur

da fuq C9 picking Artanis against mYi.

How can you BM pick after getting beaten in your last series? The balls on these guys lol

EDIT: NVT has a 4 man mosh, ends up getting team wiped.

EDITx2: LOL WTF now mYi beats c9. NA and EU is a shitstorm.

Maledict

I'm now on a train for three hours and can't watch anything, so have to live through updates in this thread.

On THH they said MYI was very up and down - when they play well they are absolutely top tier, when they play badly they are quick match status. Maybe they are having a good day?

Go dig?

Alur

c9 picked Artanis and Abathur and didn't hang in during the early game well enough. Like I was saying, dunno why they went troll comp when they just lost a series and are basically two games from going home early.

This Dig vs NVT game 3 is just throw after throw on both sides lol

Really seems like NA and EU are pretty even and China and Korea are just a league ahead.

EDIT: GG Dig wins. Zuna feeding like crazy.

Maledict

That was game 3? So Dig beat NVT 2-1? At least with that they can say they won a match at least!

The issue with EU is consistency right now. When they play well, they are absolutely top tier world class teams. But they don't play well all the time, and sometimes they just look bad. Compare Dig day 1 of EU regionals to Day 2 - it was night and day between them. They took MyI apart without breaking a sweat, yet on DAy 1 they struggle and lost 2-0 to them.

I think a big part of it is just having stable rosters. If the teams will damn will stay together for a length of time, they can improve on the consistency and play their best games more often.

EDIT: The Kerrigan pick amused me because it reminded me of what Zoia says about Kerrigan. She's not very good, but occasionally you'll win with her because someone busts her out and everyone forgets how to play against her. The brief clip I saw showed that - Jaina not running sideways to escape the combo etc.

Alur

Kerrigan has been picked 4-5 times today now. Doing work too.

Erho and Zuna were just on tilt in that last game. Out of position a lot. Fan's face/reaction after that game...felt bad for him.

Seems like every team relying on Tassadar is getting worked. Same for Xul. c9 and mYi pretty even here in this second game. mYi still have all their structures but the first 3 are all low. mYi may well blank them 2-0 and send the second NA team home.

EDIT: These teams have to realize this no real healer shit ain't working.

Alur

The shade:

UDzIJ5q.png

Maledict

Well that's what happens when different regional meta's combine. To be fair to Dig, Bakery said that solo Tassadar only worked for him on Tomb, but not sure if they have played it elsewhere.

Is there anything coming out of this Korean / Chinese meta's we havent' been expecting?

EDIT: Yeah, that's a team that's breaking up soon.

Alur

All this Kerrigan has been pretty surprising. At least to me anyway. That's the first game I've seen Kerrigan lose I think (mYi vs c9 g2)

C9 came back and pulled off the win with a risky core push. Dunktrain got his E (on Tassadar) with like 50 HP left and lived just long enough to finish core.

EDIT: Towers of Doom for game 3. c9 first picks TLV after Falstad ban from mYi. Vikings is c9's go to strat on this map. Seems like an oversight. And I'm going to bed. Hopefully when I wake up Dig and C9 are still in this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom