• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite HOTS meme
not, but I do love how it is relentlessly brought up every time I defend any stance I take. srsly ppl, shit is old, let it go

first you get personal then you play the victim card?

Technically I got personal first.

I don't think he even meant it that way, that's the point. It's a meme to bring up in every argument.

Okay please look up when it was last used and then tell me there wasn't an argument since.

Alur

That was facetious (or, a turn of phrase, as it were), but it's used or referenced quite a bit. You're just arguing to argue at this point.

Also, FYI terseness is probably more or less a product of culture/language barrier more than anything. Terse = short and to the point. Bully = use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants. I don't see how terse is personal at all, but whatever. I'm done going rounds with you.

Milly79

Yes, you calling Alur a bully and expecting no response, then not understanding a figure of speech and trying to argue about that is you just wanting to argue.

Zackat

oh hey guys Heroes of the Dorm gun be good ton...

fire_community.gif

Sooo ASU gonna smoke UTA right? I think I had them winning 3-1 in my final bracket.

Milly79

I have them 3-2. Either they're gonna win off of experience from last year and being great mechanically, or UTA is going to do some wonky shit and throw them off.

Alur

Ooooh, I forgot about Kladeous. He's Blaze's drafter/shotcaller IIRC, so that's pretty big. He really could pull off some crazy Bloodlust type comp or something to steal a victory or two if the rest of their team is up to muster. ASU has more pros, but Kladeous has that 2ARC gene in him or something.

Zackat

He had a pretty sweet escape as Illidan yesterday. Wall jumped with a sliver of health. I am hoping for a Murky draft because that is always entertaining and can sometimes throw off teams. I doubt they will be able to pull off the Aba/Zag backdoor strat again, so it should be interesting.

Alur

Are you in NA, Celegus? Sign up for the Sling TV trial and you can watch it for free. I think the trial is for a month.

Celegus

Are you in NA, Celegus? Sign up for the Sling TV trial and you can watch it for free. I think the trial is for a month.

Hm, that could work (never heard of the service, but will look it up). Yeah I'm NA but don't have cable (because lol cable). Was out of town the past few days and just got back, thinking I could at least catch the finals tonight.

Alur

I would sign up for Sling TV just in case. The Twitch streams don't last long before getting nuked. You'd have to hop around a lot if it's like last year's version. You can also VPN to watch the YouTube stream that people outside of NA get, I would assume.

mr stroke

It's pretty accurate competitively. Cris is a pretty smart dude with the meta. Who do you typically main? Also you don't need a certain account level for ranked league, unless you were meaning leveled up enough heroes.

Main: Lt Morales or Tyrael are my only master lvl 10 characters, and the only two characters can play well. (I also use a bit of Artanis & Tycus but suck at playing them)

My assumption: A team of all tier 1 characters (of equally talented players) would hypothetically beat a team of tier 2/3 characters?

jediyoshi

Oh wow, the ESPN stream sign in auto detected my Comcast after I selected it. Used to getting brick walled by a log in page whenever these cable streams want account details.

Alur

Dat pony lol.

Main: Lt Morales or Tyrael are my only master lvl 10 characters, and the only two characters can play well. (I also use a bit of Artanis & Tycus but suck at playing them)

My assumption: A team of all tier 1 characters (of equally talented players) would hypothetically beat a team of tier 2/3 characters?

Ideally you want to have 2-3 heroes from each role you are good at it before you go into rank, especially now with bans. 2-3 ranged assassins, a melee assassin or two, a couple of support, and at least two tanks because you never know where you'll draft or get forced to play.

And ideally yes, tier 1 would beat tier 2 and 3, but it all depends on how well they work together and who can actually play those heroes best. As you say, you play Morales and Tyrael best, so even if you picked a tier 1 hero it might not be the best choice for you.

EDIT: ASU definitely look less nervous than UTofA.

Zackat

Oh wow, the ESPN stream sign in auto detected my Comcast after I selected it. Used to getting brick walled by a log in page whenever these cable streams want account details.

Yeah it's great, don't have to remember the sign-in details anymore. Only works for Comcast though, when I had U-verse you still had to login.

Alur

The Disintegrate definitely hurt em, but the chase of Illidan got them several kills after the initial win and also got them the early core rush.

Edit: better question I guess is how you let one team get li-ming and Illidan both on this patch

kirblar

They kept blowing cooldowns on trying to kill Muradin, and it never worked. ( I think his base HP should be shaved down, personally- seeing him 100% of the time is not good.)

Alur

Muradin missed a couple Q's too and it didn't even matter.

Lol Udall's brother dropping knowledge in the interview.

Alur

It's just the better story for the show with his family there, and he's a very outgoing personality. Yuuj is a lot more humble and quiet as they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom