• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this Flamestrike build they're trying to force is ever going to be an actual thing, KT needs Flamethrower back. Flamestrike is so slow and heavily telegraphed and the fact KT loses the farmed damage at death makes Convection pretty useless. They're not accomplishing much of anything with this change. It does slightly less damage at a slightly larger range.

Ketch

yea KT still doesn't really feel scary.

the problem with KT and Jaina without blink is that they have 0 ability to make plays... and all of the assassins in the meta just clown on them so hard. even a not so great powerful hero right now in raynor can out stutter step somone.... jaina and KT are limited to run up dump spells, run away.

Maledict

If this Flamestrike build they're trying to force is ever going to be an actual thing, KT needs Flamethrower back. Flamestrike is so slow and heavily telegraphed and the fact KT loses the farmed damage at death makes Convection pretty useless. They're not accomplishing much of anything with this change. It does slightly less damage at a slightly larger range.

I think it does exactly the same damage actually doesn't it?

scoobs

I like the removal of blink from mages. There has to be some kind of downside to all that damage and CC. You can't be a master of all, unless you're Li Ming, in which case you can because balance.

Maledict

Are you sure? It's gone from 213 to 320 at level 1, which is a 50% increase. That's exactly the same amount that it used to gain from empowering?

And regarding mages, Kael'thas's useful damage seems incredibly low right now. Unless you go the stupid auto attack build, he does quite low single target damage, and his AE damage relies on the enemy team just being bad. It's also lower than what Li-Ming does when she unloads onto a team...

scoobs

Are you sure? It's gone from 213 to 320 at level 1, which is a 50% increase. That's exactly the same amount that it used to gain from empowering?

And regarding mages, Kael'thas's useful damage seems incredibly low right now. Unless you go the stupid auto attack build, he does quite low single target damage, and his AE damage relies on the enemy team just being bad. It's also lower than what Li-Ming does when she unloads onto a team...

I have seen/heard this opinion all over the place on forums and podcasts. They haven't even touched his damage numbers (only buffed them) since he was considered OP. How exactly is his damage bad now but it was good back then?

Ketch

yea but you can't empower it with D anymore. DQ used to do 330 if i remember right.

Alur

The Li-Ming Disintegrate change is barely noticeable...because resets are still a thing. Crazy, that. Who could have guessed?

scoobs

The Li-Ming Disintegrate change is barely noticeable...because resets are still a thing. Crazy, that. Who could have guessed?

But now you have to think sorta hard before you clear that minion wave with it, but not really, because you'll instantly kill that Valla on the other team from 50 yards away through the bushes with your giant orb of death and missiles, resetting your ultimate which then slows the entire enemy team while also killing everyone. Balance baby. She fine.

sadblob

Since Li Ming is still broken, I'll predict the next patch they will destroy her and she will be unplayable for like 6 months

Alur

Ketch

i got my message deleted in twitch chat because I said the teams were terrible after thrall used sundering to push the enemy team out of his own ETC's mosh pit

kirblar

i got my message deleted in twitch chat because I said the teams were terrible after thrall used sundering to push the enemy team out of his own ETC's mosh pit
KEEPING IT TOO REAL

No seriously, tho- I hate the "HAVE TO PRETEND EVERYONE IS GOOD" thing.

Alur

I don't like watching him. I said it. I don't get the love, though I haven't minded him casting.

I'm also still holding a grudge cause he said on stream AA build Greymane was gonna be the way and that Cocktail build wasn't good cause it had too long of a CD, and then I never had fun on Greymangus. And now it's all Q all da time.

Grubby isn't a pro in heroes. He's entertaining and a great caster but don't take anythîng he says in regards to heroes too serious. That's like complaining to Jake for taking Bloodlust.

Milly79

Outside of pros what "ladder grinders" do we have that stream?

Mewn - Chu's bff. Snarky, asshole, makes fun of people all the time. Good player, not great.
Chu - Sellout. AFKs a good bit. Not all that informative. Could be a pro I think.
Grubby - Most informative. Could be a pro. EU ladder, so that's a little more entertaining to watch.

Does Khaldor ever stream him playing? Or does he just cast?

Zackat

Outside of pros what "ladder grinders" do we have that stream?

Mewn - Chu's bff. Snarky, asshole, makes fun of people all the time. Good player, not great.
Chu - Sellout. AFKs a good bit. Not all that informative. Could be a pro I think.
Grubby - Most informative. Could be a pro. EU ladder, so that's a little more entertaining to watch.

Does Khaldor ever stream him playing? Or does he just cast?

I've seen him stream playing like twice ever. It was right after he got the piggybank mount in like alpha/beta or something.

Pls suggest to Khaldor he should stream himself playing some time.

Spoilers: 5 min rant.

Chu tried being a sub once, didn't work out particularly well, grubby is middling for a grinder think he's somewhere around ~100 on ladder.

Alur

Trikslyr.

Also, you forgot the best HOTS player in the world, Lightknight69.

Chu tried being a sub once, didn't work out particularly well, grubby is middling for a grinder think he's somewhere around ~100 on ladder.

chu8 was a sub for PPST or one of those (I forget the team) in one qualifier. I don't remember it going bad, but then I never really expected any of those teams to do anything anyway with or without him. He was a league pro and ladder warrior at one point. I'm pretty sure he could hang on a top 8 or better team easily if he so desired and spent a couple months dedicated to that pursuit, but as he's said, why do it when he can make money hand over fist streaming instead.

Zackat

These heroes with skins/mounts bundles are just =/ Just gonna not buy anything until the holiday sale this year I guess. They do these bundles too often now.

Alur

They've certainly been churning em out, which I guess means the demand is there. We had a discussion a while back about whether or not it'd create fatigue with players.

Ketch

Grubby is probably then smartest dude to play hots. I think he lacks enough mechanical skill to stop him from going pro, but his analysis isnalways on point. I've never heard him say anything stupid besides some weird talent choices sometimes.

But you compare that to literally any other hots personality who constantly just blow hot air out of there mouths and never actually stop to think about what they're saying.

Ketch

You guys watching plays vs NVT? I really like playz draft, interested to see how KT pans out.

KT ends with 74k hero damage, but only 1 kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom