• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnauzer

Can tracer side step Greymane "On The Hunt"?

None of the players I have played have so far have. She goes down so quick the person always ends up changing lanes after a few kills. I play the more aggressive wolf style.

Cerato

Neo Member
In objective fights, being able to make tracer burn her recall with a hunter is worth it. Late game you get two, so you just don't have to worry about her.

brian!

no i mean just the regular dash, wont the hunter just get like one hit in
most of my tracer knowledge is from those trailers, I just see her zipping everywhere

also what's her hp like, worse than li ming right?

Maledict

She has very, very slightly more Hp than Li-Ming.

The reason zagara is a problem is because one blink won't clear you from the hunter, and that thing chews you up. All your damage is short range so she's *going* to hurt you when you move on her - she's not Li-Ming and has no options for long range stuff.

Re Greymane, you can't use blink to avoid things (it's not a real teleport, it's an instant move forward). So you can blink away from him once he's on you, but you can't stop him leaping on you if he's in rand when he presses the button.

Maledict

Can tracer side step Greymane "On The Hunt"?

None of the players I have played have so far have. She goes down so quick the person always ends up changing lanes after a few kills. I play the more aggressive wolf style.

She is really, really bad in lane. She has zero wave clear and always takes damage to deal damage (and has lower health than most other heroes). Watching the streams McIntyre was making monstrous plays with her by using her as a roaming ganker with a tank. She can bodyblock for days.

Maledict

I think she is what they intended to make with Li-Ming. watching the streams and what Mac, Chu8 and even Mewn were doin with her was *disgusting* - yet I was having issues against bots.

She seems really strong if you have great skills, but weak if not. She's absolutely not a Li-Ming or Xul - there is no easy mode or build for her.

I think, overal, she's amazing and a real triumph of design - but she'll be like Illidan in hero league. Sometimes you get a great one who just wins you the game, sometimes you get a crap one who does instantly... ;-)

Alur

She's definitely not OP. Can't wait to see her in pro hands.

We played a former 2ARC player in a game, Khroen, and he put up 87k to Milly and my's usual 45-60k.

I think the damage numbers may even be slightly low, but /shrug. She is awesome at 20 doe.

Zafir

For Tracer, are they doing the same thing as they did with Starcraft where if you pre-ordered (the CE) at retail they'll give you it?

I like my CE's. :(

brian!

She has very, very slightly more Hp than Li-Ming.

The reason zagara is a problem is because one blink won't clear you from the hunter, and that thing chews you up. All your damage is short range so she's *going* to hurt you when you move on her - she's not Li-Ming and has no options for long range stuff.

Re Greymane, you can't use blink to avoid things (it's not a real teleport, it's an instant move forward). So you can blink away from him once he's on you, but you can't stop him leaping on you if he's in rand when he presses the button.

oh is her blink really short + is there a cd in between blinks? or can you spam it
these are non-origin overwatch questions

She's definitely not OP. Can't wait to see her in pro hands.

We played a former 2ARC player in a game, Khroen, and he put up 87k to Milly and my's usual 45-60k.

I think the damage numbers may even be slightly low, but /shrug. She is awesome at 20 doe.

Think I saw him play on some amateur team in the last qualifier.

Zackat

For Tracer, are they doing the same thing as they did with Starcraft where if you pre-ordered (the CE) at retail they'll give you it?

I like my CE's. :(

Yep you will get a code for Tracer with your physical Overwatch CE. Unfortunately people took advantage of Blizzard being nice with Artanis and closed that door forever.

Maledict

oh is her blink really short + is there a cd in between blinks? or can you spam it
these are non-origin overwatch questions

It's further than an untalented li-Ming teleport, it's instant, and it can be spammed. She can move round the battlefield *fast* when she wants too. Taking the talent that gives you two blink charges when you recall is funny because I watched Mewn basically move half way across the map with it.

I don't think there's a hero like her in any other MOBA - she's *insanely* fast and agile. Landing any sort of skill shot on her is really hard.

Zafir

Yep you will get a code for Tracer with your physical Overwatch CE. Unfortunately people took advantage of Blizzard being nice with Artanis and closed that door forever.
I know that, but I meant via support like they did before.

People were always going to take advantage of it, but I doubt it actually cost them anything.

It just sucks those of us buying the CE pay more and won't get Tracer until next month. :|

Alur

People were always going to take advantage of it, but I doubt it actually cost them anything.

I agree with the first part, but can't say I do the second. It had to have cost em a decent sum of money because even the people who buy everything were using it. And I doubt they'd have blocked it otherwise.

It does suck that they aren't giving a refund or something after the fact, though. Like if you buy Tracer next Tuesday, they could kick that back with gold or whatever when you register your CE.

Ketch

you can E out of zag hunter

and blink lets you go through zeebo zombie wall.

I dont know if she's OP but i can say that she poops on li ming.

I think KT actually does pretty good against her. Nova of course. maybe zera if he outplays you. Raynor, zag, and falstad are all pretty annoying, but you can deal with them if you have pulse bomb up.

Alur

I just healbotted Ketch through a game of absolute decimation on Sky Temple. They never knew what hit them.

Medic makes a good partner for her because of the blinks and the recall. She goes in, does work, comes back, her HP pool is so small you heal her up quick...rinse repeat.

EDIT: Also, what gives with MVP Black mount only having one tint?

Zafir

I agree with the first part, but can't say I do the second. It had to have cost em a decent sum of money because even the people who buy everything were using it. And I doubt they'd have blocked it otherwise.

It does suck that they aren't giving a refund or something after the fact, though. Like if you buy Tracer next Tuesday, they could kick that back with gold or whatever when you register your CE.

Well, not really. Only the dedicated fans would have actually known and/or bothered. Plus it was only one hero.

I'd say the good will it garnered was probably worth the loss.

Alur

Think I saw him play on some amateur team in the last qualifier.

Looks like he's on Gale Force eSports now. I thought it was more familiar than being some no name on the second 2ARC team. I guess he's flex.

Well, not really. Only the dedicated fans would have actually known and/or bothered. Plus it was only one hero.

I'd say the good will it garnered was probably worth the loss.

Well, there's 125,000 subs on HOTS reddit and several thousand active at any one time and it was absolutely all over that subreddit. Then there's all the lurkers on this forum too. Even for diehards, it's pretty safe to assume several thousand people used the support trick and that's a considerable chunk of change no matter how you slice it. Chump change to some in the eyes of how much Blizzard makes overall, perhaps, but you don't run a business with a well known and easily fixable loss and not fix it in my experience.

I don't think it garnered them any good will whatsoever. It was more like "I don't mind doing this cause Blizzard owes me after all these years." And then the hero sucked to boot, so it was a bad experience through and through.

I feel your pain on getting hosed by ordering the physical, but it was kind of inevitable they'd close the loophole.

Maledict

you can E out of zag hunter

and blink lets you go through zeebo zombie wall.

I dont know if she's OP but i can say that she poops on li ming.

I think KT actually does pretty good against her. Nova of course. maybe zera if he outplays you. Raynor, zag, and falstad are all pretty annoying, but you can deal with them if you have pulse bomb up.

She definitely murders li/Ming and Jaina, hands down. Kael can at least land living bomb, although landing his stun on her is incredibly hard I find - but it's at least something. She's also good against supports in general - they have no defenses against her at all. And obviously, Block may as well not exist as a talent if the enemy team has tracer. Just don't pick it, it's pointless!

Against nova, I'm not so sure btw. Firstly they have to land the snipe which is hard, but also the rewind makes it very hard to kill her - and tracer hunts her down and murders her like she deserves once the opening salvo is gone.

Such fun!

Ketch

I think you can just go the pinning shot build and probably wreck a tracer.

I think the thing I like the most about her is that she's not actually worthless in lane and she's also great for team fights.

I was really worried that she'd be way over strong or like nova tier where she's only good at killing heroes.

Zafir

Looks like he's on Gale Force eSports now. I thought it was more familiar than being some no name on the second 2ARC team. I guess he's flex.

Well, there's 125,000 subs on HOTS reddit and several thousand active at any one time and it was absolutely all over that subreddit. Then there's all the lurkers on this forum too. Even for diehards, it's pretty safe to assume several thousand people used the support trick and that's a considerable chunk of change no matter how you slice it. Chump change to some in the eyes of how much Blizzard makes overall, perhaps, but you don't run a business with a well known and easily fixable loss and not fix it in my experience.

I don't think it garnered them any good will whatsoever. It was more like "I don't mind doing this cause Blizzard owes me after all these years." And then the hero sucked to boot, so it was a bad experience through and through.

I feel your pain on getting hosed by ordering the physical, but it was kind of inevitable they'd close the loophole.

Sure but the question is how many would have actually paid money for it, had it not have been for the loop hole. The people who play the most tend to be the ones more likely to just pay with gold. In my experience, the reddit people tend to be those kind of people. Hearthstone sub reddit used to be a good example back during the brief time I played it, it was always full of people saying how they'd been playing since alpha and hadn't spent a dime.

As for people doing it because they felt Blizzard owed them... Well, that says a lot all ready doesn't it. You won't solve that perception by forcing people to obtain characters twice if they want to play 'em early.

I agree it was probably inevitable, but meh, just annoying.

Alur

What is up with the matchmaking today? Lots of mixed queues. We've ran into 3400 and 3400+ people grouped with 900 mmr players, for example, and it's happening pretty regular. A typical game features players from 2700 to 3200 for us...today, I've been in 3 games now with more than one person on a team below account level 40. Tracer wrecks space and time so much she discombobulated the matchmaker.

I guess the new hero level thing is causing issues. Was a pretty weird addition anyway if you ask me.

As for my actual Tracer play, I just played a game against Zera, Nova, and Li-Ming. Tracer does pretty good against Li-Ming, but with Nova and Zera hanging around it's no bueno. Our Li-Ming died 12 times. Thrall died 9 times. We also had a Murky, which did not help against the Li-Ming spam. It wasn't very fun.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sad that my amazon preorder doesn't get me tracer. What am I even doing with my life?!

Just had 2 excellent games in a row. Despite feeding on thrall I genuinely felt I was being outplayed, felt all the better when we won. Even though I had to almost solo core at the end with my teammates going for a keep wall.
I got 1v1d by a Muradin and their Zagara multiple times. And a couple times just murdered by both of them together. Best part was escaping from them with a sliver of health and Mura getting greedy and diving deep under the fort and being taken out while I lived.

Alur

Everything lined up for prime Tracer play. It was awesome. Shout out to my tank and healer, brick and Milly.

FVU1iNp.jpg

Milly had a good one the next game when we swapped heroes.

How do people play piano uther? It's just too much. Almost wish benediction were just a general CD reduction so there'd be a couple decisions less to make.

I wasn't able to cleanse a single mosh, because I always got caught in it, pretty poor positioning on my side but at least we won after we had basically thrown the match.

Alur

It took me a good bit of practice to get used to it. Basically I focused on everything but Benediction, got used to using those extra abilities, then focused on timing my Benediction and using it with the right abilities.

It was also a little easier when Cleanse was OG Cleanse, too, so you could drop it a little early accidentally or whatever.

I should probably just not take shrink ray for a start, maybe then I'll remember I have cleanse.
6 keys are pretty manageable atm for me I should be training to go up to 7 and then some.

Benediction is an awesome talent but they really ought to clean up Uther's talent tree though. They reworked Bribewing exactly because you'd take up to 3 generic talents on her at the time.
I miss Bribewing, had an 80+% winrate with her over a significant amount of games, she was so broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom