• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

It's kind of painful to watch what TS is now compared to what it was last summer (in HOTS at least). Has TS ever had any real tournament success in HS?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yet TS was the most winning team last year...

ts was best hs team with gaara and tides the first year too. when it's the early stages of these games, reynad has an awesome eye for early talent. then it all falls apart when the scene develops and the players he got dont develop with it. his weirdest pick ever was chrisg since he was nearing the tail end of his career and couldnt win a major. gaara the other day fuckin running double bgh. this match with yolo chogall. ts players like to bet a lot, and not stick with safe consistent principles. its very interesting watching ts in this game because its such a mirror of the hs team. biggest name at first, then get downloaded and stay free.

Milly79

They're also not the same. 3 new dudes with only 2 of the old guard retained. They're certainly performing how I thought they would, but a lot still had high hopes for them.

Alur

Last year they were the epitome of safe and consistent. They rarely took risks and just let their opponents make mistakes and they capitalized. Then in-fighting took them down
and it all started over a bag of Funyuns

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
that guy dreadnaught was on it, no? and this zoia caster guy too?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can i get portrait for watching twitch now?

Alur

Dreadnaught was the captain and shotcaller. Zoia is the coach, and was the coach then.

LOL at Glaurung's leather jacket gimmick.

can i get portrait for watching twitch now?

Dunno. Would assume your's is for watching next weekend, not for this weekend. Doesn't matter anyway. Like always you won't get it til a week or two afterward anyway.

Alur

Same difference to me. But yeah that's his official title. He made a point of saying he's not the coach anymore a few weeks back.

I'm an expert

Same difference to me. But yeah that's his official title. He made a point of saying he's not the coach anymore a few weeks back.

well obviously not if theyre both casters now, trump seemed to be coach

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hows the competitive scene for this now that the game has been out for a few months? Growing, stale, shrinking?

Alur

I bet Blaze has a sponsor soon.

Blaze is an actual organization. They shouldn't need one unless they want a better one.

From Liquipedia:

Team Blaze, often abbreviated BLZ, is one of the newest North American professional gaming organizations. They currently have teams for the following game divisions:

Heroes of the Storm

Cog continues to be perennial underachievers

If only I could photoshop the MJ crying face onto Glaurung and his jacket.

kirblar

I know Arth is balding and really doesn't want to let go, but I think he looks way older now than he would if he just bit the bullet and buzzed/donated it.

Ketch

For all those Artha-maniacs out there....

okay i've actually only been watching this broacast for like 20 seconds and I've almost turned it off three times already

Syf

Banned
Man this is still going, wish they had started on Friday and split it up. 12+ hours is ridiculous. Some good games though, from what I've watched

kirblar

Wait, what? Arth is balding? He's doing the long hair thing while bald?
I think it's receding? Could be wrong, but it looked like that in the Vegas vids they did a while back w/ TS. The flop in front seemed to be covering for it.

edit: Oh god, double li ming.

It's interesting to see the meta shift to wombos again from the stun chains it used to be. Probably one of the reasons Zagara is being prioritized again.

Oh now I get the two shield talent at 1. Throw down the totem, shield it and melt someone with 2 shields. I generally refrain from using it much since I run out of mana constantly if I do.

COG was really lucky they were throwing on ToD, also despite how much casters wanted kills and assists to be separated but no one seems to ever address that stat.

also, glau super smooth with the handshake deny from the host lady

Lol just caught that.

Alur

Someone link me to the Twitch channel. For whatever reason Twitch will not load the available channels for me on mobile or desktop.

EDIT: nm I got it from reddit.

Concept17

So what's the bracket look like? I had to dip out mid yesterday.

Also Twitch is all messed up. Chat disabled, and video labeled "Untitled Broadcast"

Maledict

That was some seriously nice Greymane play. That kill on Brightwing early on is the sort of thing I was talking about earlier - no other hero could get a kill like that. The engage range on the ult, and the sheer amount of unavoidable burst damage it provides, is scary as hell on squishies.

I'm an expert

seeing pro vikings play is really awesome, especially on that map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom