• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Maybe

The pros are universally praising this patch on Twitter. I would assume if they were about to get fukt by it's implementation they'd be h8 tweeting.

And to think I was getting bored of this game they go and do this.

LOL, same thing I texted Milly. Just when you think you're out...

Bolt had to go, it's stupid. It's a get out of jail free card. If it functioned more like Dota's Blink Dagger--you can't trigger it if you're being damaged, so it's more of an initiation than an escape tool--then Bolt would be fine. Instead it's a total shutdown of ults late-game. Leoric lands Entomb and to secure what could be a game winning gank and put the other team down a man? Nope, bolt out of trouble.

What worries me more is the loss of Flamethrower, KT loses late-game mobility, fine, but now can't build into nuking from a safe range. At least the new talents look interesting, they sound like they really up his risk/reward play. Master of Flames sounds kinda like launch Chain Bomb. Convection has been reworked from a lame damage bonus to enemies hit with Lapsed Gravity to an interesting take on Seasoned Marksman. Combine that with Burned Flesh and Sun King's Fury or Fury of the Sunwell and it looks like Flamestrike builds could be a thing. Even the new Lapsed Gravity talents sound interesting, dramatic CD's, increasing duration and making enemies vulnerable.

I don't get why they nerfed Sunfire Enchantment though, it's a barely picked talent as it is.

Also Li-Ming is going to get bodied with the nerf bat. She has to. But she's going to be a problem for a while longer.

Alur

After one game on the PTR, I feel qualified to make some broad statements and assert them as fact.

Dehaka has huuuuggeee playmaking capability. Pretty good solo 1v1 hero. Lots of skillshots makes it rough with the Li-Ming/Illidan types. He's clunky as fuck to use, though. Feels like you're moving in molasses.

Illidan was fucking godlike based on the one game I played. The Illidan's on both teams were eating up everyone. Dunno how good he'll be overall, but he definitely seems more...deadly. And that vision on heroes 25% or less health with The Hunt is stupid funny and stupid stupid.

Sylvanas mind-control is pretty OP when used properly.

Gazlowe looks great. Turrets cost a bit more but have the range increase baked in. Superior Schematics make the turrets cause more damage when Gazlowe is nearby, which will just make kiting people more fun. Robogoblin allows for manual targeting and those level 20 talents sound kinda ridiculous. Both sound like they could be evil. Raining Scrap could mean a small army of turrets or he could build a smaller Deth Lazer array. Sign me the fuck up.

I mean he's probably not going to be making any appearances in pro games and higher level play in Hero League, but he'll be a fun Quick Match All-Star.

Yea agree that gaz still looks booty tier. Why don't they just let him move while charging laser?

Because then he would be Li-Ming. Also how would you move and aim at the same time? Pick a fixed target and pivot around them like Tychus?

Syf

Banned
installing now, I need a peek at this new hero league UI. think I will finally get into ranked play after unlocking the few heroes I'm missing

Milly79

What kind of range does she have on it? Like, how risky is it for her to pop it off during a team fight, given that she has to channel?

QLCVcpM.png

Super fucking long.

Ketch

Gazlowe looks great. Turrets cost a bit more but have the range increase baked in. Superior Schematics make the turrets cause more damage when Gazlowe is nearby, which will just make kiting people more fun. Robogoblin allows for manual targeting and those level 20 talents sound kinda ridiculous. Both sound like they could be evil. Raining Scrap could mean a small army of turrets or he could build a smaller Deth Lazer array. Sign me the fuck up.

I mean he's probably not going to be making any appearances in pro games and higher level play in Hero League, but he'll be a fun Quick Match All-Star.

Because then he would be Li-Ming. Also how would you move and aim at the same time? Pick a fixed target and pivot around them like Tychus?

no, just push button to start charging. push the button again to release. and it shoots out in front of whatever direction you're facing. and if you get stunned or silenced or whatever it gets cancelled.

also, lol at gaz ever doing anything remotely even in the ball park of a li ming.

couple things about the patch,

KT's rework looks amazing... like multiple different ways you could go that all seem really good. I'm interested in trying a battle KT with the verdant spheres talents, cd reduction on living bomb, and arcane power at 20. I liked arcane power in the past, mostly because it gives you a bunch of mana, but it was never worth it over blink.

Occurs to me now that many pros don't actually care about the game, and are just concerned with making money. they should be stoked about the changes, not complaining about when they'll get implemented.

kirblar

Big events having big patches just prior forcing teams into Iron Chef mode is great. .. but not for the regionals- too much on the line.

Milly79

Undoc changes:

Nazeebo's Garg has increased attack damage, but no longer deals bonus damage to minions and structures.

Butcher's Lamb to Slaughter now has a 90 sec cooldown, but silences for 3 seconds.

Stitches vile gas trait damage increased. (Not sure about this, it used to be damage per second over three seconds, now it's just listed as damage over time -- but it appears to do an extra second's worth of damage.)

also, lol at gaz ever doing anything remotely even in the ball park of a li ming.

If Gazlowe could charge Deth Lazer and be mobile at the same time he would be spamming it on buildings from the fog just like Li-Ming. Just wandering into range at max charge and cheesing structures.

While Gazlowe does need more than this to be viable in anything beyond Quick Match, mobile Death Lazor would just be adding to the game's current problems while they don't have some form of BD protection.

kirblar

Undoc changes:

Nazeebo's Garg has increased attack damage, but no longer deals bonus damage to minions and structures.

Butcher's Lamb to Slaughter now has a 90 sec cooldown, but silences for 3 seconds.

Stitches vile gas trait damage increased. (Not sure about this, it used to be damage per second over three seconds, now it's just listed as damage over time -- but it appears to do an extra second's worth of damage.)
Goddamn, wasn't it the better alt now anyway?

Milly79

Goddamn, wasn't it the better alt now anyway?

Yeah, I'd say so. Furnace is only good if you can get it with a wombo, but it's so easy to get countered out of it. Lamb is gonna be better still, but that 30s CD increase is gonna be a buzzkill. Not sure why you needed to add a silence into it when they're rooted anyway.

Haven't played in three weeks and was thinking of jumping on tonight. Have never seen Xul in action and now updates inbound? So scared.

Zackat

Yeah, I'd say so. Furnace is only good if you can get it with a wombo, but it's so easy to get countered out of it. Lamb is gonna be better still, but that 30s CD increase is gonna be a buzzkill. Not sure why you needed to add a silence into it when they're rooted anyway.

Is it an AoE Silence for anyone in the casting area or just the target that gets the chain? So if you don't get the level 20 talent to chain everyone would it just silence one person?

Butcher my favorite hero so that sounds potentially freakin sweet.

Milly79

Is it an AoE Silence for anyone in the casting area or just the target that gets the chain? So if you don't get the level 20 talent to chain everyone would it just silence one person?

Butcher my favorite hero so that sounds potentially freakin sweet.

Never thought of the level 20 upgrade... That will be sick.

kirblar

Feels like they wanted to up the CD (it's silly vs a hero like BW) and tacked on the ability to make up for it.

I really like the Kael changes so far. Baking Chain Bomb in to Living Bomb but having it only affect heroes and not allowing the double cast keeps him as the anti-group/push assassin without having the ridiculous chain reactions it used to.

It feels like you have a lot of options now, and going all in on Flamestrike is actually fun.

Zackat

Never thought of the level 20 upgrade... That will be sick.

From reading the talent on the PTR it sounds like it will be everyone who is chained. That level 20 talent on butcher seems pretty strong now lol.

AoE root + 3 second silence on a poorly arranged team would be a deathblow.

Ketch

How did i miss the illidan stuff, hope he still plays similar

I played him in one bot game. He plays pretty much the same, seems like his skill build has less but much better options. No first aid + stone skin but base hp buff means he's not reliant on CDs , but also can't tank up as much. It seems like a decent attempt at raising his skill cap but also making him more consistent.

Also Sylv MC is bonkers.

Alur

I'm 95% certain you and I just finished my SC daily in AI mode on PTR. I didn't see it in the notes and only see this random dude on reddit saying it so we'll see.

We're gonna try AI now and find out.

Alavard

I played him in one bot game. He plays pretty much the same, seems like his skill build has less but much better options. No first aid + stone skin but base hp buff means he's not reliant on CDs , but also can't tank up as much. It seems like a decent attempt at raising his skill cap but also making him more consistent.

Also Sylv MC is bonkers.

Did you try the new Reflexive Block? Gaining 3 75% block charges on every dive is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom