• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The 64GB version is an ATT exclusive:

screen-shot-2013-03-30-at-1.19.29-pm.png

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/30/htc-one-64gb-att-exclusive/

http://youtu.be/0N-XEgEUkac

If I can't get the 64 gig version here I'm not bothering. Telus's website for Saskatchewan actually only says it'll be the 32 gig version, which is not promising, but I figured it was just a pre-release thing. This does not look good. I bet Rogers will get the 64 gig version here, which would be crazy bad for me since they have awful coverage.

Sigh...
Fingers crossed I guess.

The alarm clock is such a standard part of cell phones that no one even reviews that function anymore when writing reviews. I find it hard to believe that a function which simply sets the phone to make a noise at a certain of day can be 'good' or 'not good'.

well, standard alarm clocks usually just ... ring whenever they're set to ring.

then there are apps like Gentle Alarm, doubleTwist Alarm Clock, White Noise and Alarm Clock Extreme that have options like Sleep Cycle based alarms, volume creep on alarms, pre-alarm sounds to help nudge you awake, ambient nise to help you fall asleep and even things like settings to make you solve a math problem to turn the alarm off...

so yeah, maybe it's not good.

Spookie

I hate Canada sometimes.

To be fair Three is the fledgling operator in the UK and doesn't have the customer base of O2, EE (T-Mobile, Orange) and Vodaphone so need to do batshit deals to get people to come over.

You also get a free upgrade to a 4G/LTE contract when it goes live in your area.

Cipherr

well, standard alarm clocks usually just ... ring whenever they're set to ring.

then there are apps like Gentle Alarm, doubleTwist Alarm Clock, White Noise and Alarm Clock Extreme that have options like Sleep Cycle based alarms, volume creep on alarms, pre-alarm sounds to help nudge you awake, ambient nise to help you fall asleep and even things like settings to make you solve a math problem to turn the alarm off...

so yeah, maybe it's not good.

Oh lord Jesus.

Oh lord Jesus.

yeah, i laughed when i read about that one too. but some people have problems with waking up and going back to sleep after turning their alarm off.

I'm so jelly of the free dropbox storage you get with this phone. I got free 50GB of Box.com storage with my Xperia Z :'(

the Dropbox storage is only a 2 year lease though. the Box is for life. though i did get 50GB from Box a few years ago via logging in with my cousin's iPod Touch.

KingRAW

Neo Member
The fact that AT&T has the 64GB version exclusively makes this one of the very few times I'm actually glad to be with them.

This news was an absolute kick in the balls for me. Another reason why I hate exclustivity of any kind. Strong supporters of HTC will have to take a back seat because of corporate competitiveness. This is a flagship device that is designed to save HTC, and this move could prove fatal for the company.

I just finished watching the How to Video on HTCs website http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/htc-one/#how-tos

Some of those camera functions seem amazing, especially since you don't have to select any specific mode to utilize them.

I have a few questions though, are any of those actually done on the device itself? Slow motion looked too good to be true. Also Object Removal and Smile shot looked too good to be true. I've never used a device with those sort of features, any good hands on impressions anywhere of those functions?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I just finished watching the How to Video on HTCs website http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/htc-one/#how-tos

Some of those camera functions seem amazing, especially since you don't have to select any specific mode to utilize them.

I have a few questions though, are any of those actually done on the device itself? Slow motion looked too good to be true. Also Object Removal and Smile shot looked too good to be true. I've never used a device with those sort of features, any good hands on impressions anywhere of those functions?

Slow motion is too good to be true AFAIK, one of the reviews posted video taken with it but the end result was some nasty sub 480p pixelated garble. Unless this has improved somehow.

$199? That's my kinda price.

This news was an absolute kick in the balls for me. Another reason why I hate exclustivity of any kind. Strong supporters of HTC will have to take a back seat because of corporate competitiveness. This is a flagship device that is designed to save HTC, and this move could prove fatal for the company.

*sigh*. America is only one country. How often people forget this. Wait until its announced its exclusive to AT&T worldwide before jumping to conclusions.

All we know now is its exclusive to AT&T IN THE STATES.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
*sigh*. America is only one country. How often people forget this. Wait until its announced its exclusive to AT&T worldwide before jumping to conclusions.

For those of us who are in the states, it sucks to have that option needlessly cutoff.

KingRAW

Neo Member

Yes, but isn't North America considered Best America? LOL

I thought that big name brands make or break based on US support.

VoxPop

Where is the best place to get an unlocked black one? I'm looking to preorder one from Ebay for 750$ but willing to go elsewhere if cheaper and reliable. God that silver looks so good too..

If I could get my hands on the 64 gigabyte version SD wouldn't even matter to me. I've already decided if I can't get the 64 gig version I'll hold onto my iPhone 4 until I can. I need everything in my next phone to double. CPU, screen resolution, ram, storage, network speed, everything, and until that phone comes out (with the same sense of style the iPhone 4 emits) I'm sticking with what I got.

Looking at Rogers website it looks like even they may be only getting the 32 gig version, so... Fuck! But I guess I'll keep my eye on Telus and see what they offer once it's finally released.

I just can't go for the galaxy s4, that plastic is just too much of a turn off for me... Not to mention the speakers on the One would be so deadly.

Lucifon

Any UK folk ordered the One Sim Free from Phones4U. Order is meant to be here tomorrow but still hasn't been dispatched or even allocated by the warehouse. Support are no use on letting me know if it's delayed or what.

VoxPop

Decided to just preorder from AT&T tomorrow. $300 for the 64GB and a $325 ETF doesn't sound bad at all considering I was going to preorder it for 750+. Needed the assurance I would have it the first day x). Are there any other hidden fees besides the ETF i should know about?

Also anyone have an idea of where AT&T will stick their god awful carrier logo? Praying its not on the front screen..

Decided to just preorder from AT&T tomorrow. $300 for the 64GB and a $325 ETF doesn't sound bad at all considering I was going to preorder it for 750+. Needed the assurance I would have it the first day x). Are there any other hidden fees besides the ETF i should know about?

Also anyone have an idea of where AT&T will stick their god awful carrier logo? Praying its not on the front screen..

Ugh, I forgot about the carrier logo... so spoiled by Apple.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

It's on the back, toward the bottom. The 'ass' of the device.

And uh, I need to eat some crow. This is the device to own (so far). It's really, really good.

reKon

Banned
It's on the back, toward the bottom. The 'ass' of the device.

And uh, I need to eat some crow. This is the device to own (so far). It's really, really good.

Are you going to run Nova Launcher on top of it? I want to know if doing that and greenifying Blinkfeed will help improve the idling time.

$36 for an activation fee I think

Top Bottom