• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Any UK folk ordered the One Sim Free from Phones4U. Order is meant to be here tomorrow but still hasn't been dispatched or even allocated by the warehouse. Support are no use on letting me know if it's delayed or what.

When I ordered a phone from them last year the page only said the phone had been dispatched after it had been delivered to me, so it may be with you tomorrow.

VoxPop

Wait do I need to get it unlocked to use on a prepaid network or would the ATT version work out of the box with a different sim?

KingRAW

Neo Member
Sprint is advertising pre-orders this Friday. I already opted for a physical sign up sheet. I will try to pay for mine in full this Friday and take advantage of HTC's program to turn in my old one for the $100 kickback.

Decided to just preorder from AT&T tomorrow. $300 for the 64GB and a $325 ETF doesn't sound bad at all considering I was going to preorder it for 750+. Needed the assurance I would have it the first day x). Are there any other hidden fees besides the ETF i should know about?

Also anyone have an idea of where AT&T will stick their god awful carrier logo? Praying its not on the front screen..

Huh? I went to my AT&T store yesterday and he said they're not taking preorders yet :(

Sprint is advertising pre-orders this Friday. I already opted for a physical sign up sheet. I will try to pay for mine in full this Friday and take advantage of HTC's program to turn in my old one for the $100 kickback.

Friday? Cool. I'm definitely picking this baby up. I was considering the Note 2 as well but the One is just do damn sexy.

Bergsy

I'm coming to a HTC one from a Galaxy note 1, which was a great phone for me but i fancy something slightly smaller and less Samsungy?!?

Looks like a great phone, went to phones4u yesterday and they haven't even got a working demo version yet, UK stores suck.

RS4-

Holding up on buying an N4 or something until Canada releases their HTC One prices without contract.

VoxPop

AT&T Preorders are up but I can't seem to add any plans? Even on the month to month one. And black doesn't to be an option?

It's not up on their stupid enterprise website. I love how AT&T punishes customers with an employer discount by making them use their bullshit piece of crap enterprise website

VoxPop

eJKjqcy.png

lol wut? none of the plans work.

its funny how theres barely any signs of the HTC One preorder on the ATT website except on the bottom while they plaster the HTC First lmao. HTC is doomed.

Is the Black 64GB available for pre-order as well?

Edit: Looks like only the Silver version is available for pre-order.

Edit 2: I changed part of the URL where it says "glacial-silver" and replaced it with "stealth-black" and it works, but it says that the device is not available in my area. Hmm, also the shipping date for the Stealth Black is April 15th while the Glacial Silver is 16th. That's odd.

I guess I will have to wait until the Black one is available for pre-order, or even worse if they decide to not make it available until after the store release.

Is the Black 64GB available for pre-order as well?

Edit: Looks like only the Silver version is available for pre-order.

Edit 2: I changed part of the URL where it says "glacial-silver" and replaced it with "stealth-black" and it works, but it says that the device is not available in my area. Hmm, also the shipping date for the Stealth Black is April 15th while the Glacial Silver is 16th. That's odd.

I guess I will have to wait until the Black one is available for pre-order, or even worse if they decide to not make it available until after the store release.

It's a sign...

bare aluminum is the way to go!

Was able to order in the store. Does anyone have any impressions on the free media link? I know it was pretty buggy and laggy when it came out but apparently it's been patched continuously since then. I saw a YouTube video of someone playing pilot wings with a Bluetooth controller while it mirrored to their tv and that looked pretty dang cool.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
WTF? HTC can't verify my CC and won't let me preorder.

Call in, people are having issues like yours all over.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a code for a free (HTC) flip case or one of those ones with a stand if anyone wants it. You can only use it when pre-ordering a One. PM if want.

So how does ordering an unlocked one work? I can just take it to my sprint store and they will activate it for me(and deactivate my iphone at the same time)?

I won't run into any network compatibility issues, will I?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
So how does ordering an unlocked one work? I can just take it to my sprint store and they will activate it for me(and deactivate my iphone at the same time)?

I won't run into any network compatibility issues, will I?

Doesn't work w/ Sprint or Verizon. Only GSM providers (ATT/T-Mobile)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sprint Pre-Order just went up, $99 for new customers with $100 rebate, so $199 for current users. Silver only for now, with Black coming soon. 32GB only.

Man I'm already starting to have second thoughts about this. I'm still worried about the battery life and the camera quality. Also worried about switching from an iPhone to Android for the first time. It's the reason I got an unlocked phone so I don't feel tied to it for two years.

Sprint Pre-Order just went up, $99 for new customers with $100 rebate, so $199 for current users. Silver only for now, with Black coming soon. 32GB only.

so you make a penny in profit if you port your number to Sprint and trade in a handset to HTC with proof of purchase?

Man I'm already starting to have second thoughts about this. I'm still worried about the battery life and the camera quality. Also worried about switching from an iPhone to Android for the first time. It's the reason I got an unlocked phone so I don't feel tied to it for two years.

battery life should be fine. camera quality apparently gets better with a recent update.

I thought that was debunked and there was no software update.

oh? it was? didn't know that...

Here it is folks:

http://anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

First phone they've ever given Editors Choice Gold to. Thanks for making my purchase easier Anandtech

*starts reading*

The camera aperture sits near the top of the One and has a third small plastic band attaching it to the primary one. It turns out this is a critical feature to enable NFC, whose active area is the a loop antenna formed by the ring around the camera.
holy shit, i am already impressed!

Coming in from the GS2 I wont be getting GS4 but I'm really torn between the HTC One and the Sony XZ, which one would you guys recommend and why?

Jigolo

Coming in from the GS2 I wont be getting GS4 but I'm really torn between the HTC One and the Sony XZ, which one would you guys recommend and why?

HTC One

- Better screen
Xperia Z's screen is washed out and viewing angles are terrible. HTC One is the best screen most reviewers have ever seen.

- Bigger Battery
All reviews have pointed to better battery performance from the One

-Build Quality (Subjective)
HTC One is the most beautiful phone I've ever laid eyes on. Xperia Z is also gorgeous but the One takes the cake for me.

-Sense
Sense has been leaned out and is super fast. Looks much better than Sony's skin as well.

-Community Support
Hacking community has always been strong with HTC handsets. So you will see nightly builds of CM and other custom ROMs soon after the phone launches. ( I'm not into hacking so this category means shit to me)

-SoC
If you read Anandtech's review they show that the Snapdragon 600 is a worthy upgrade to the Snapdragon S4 Pro in the Z and Nexus 4. Better GPU and CPU performance. Huge jump in CPU performance from their analysis.

-Camera/Sound
Reviews are saying that the camera is one of the best they've ever used, rivaling the Lumia 920 as the best camera.

Front facing speakers....nuff said. Also HTC is working some decible and stuff to improve sound under the hood, but I'm not into that kind of stuff so I don't know too much. Only thing I know for sure is that all reviews have said that the sound is amazing. "All phones should have FFS", best speakers on a phone

Tekniqs

when's this phone releasing for at&t? my 2 month old lumia 920 took a tumble at a trackday =(...it's in ok shape still but i have a huge pet peeve of scratches on my screen

Top Bottom