• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

javac

Is £35 upfront, £20.50 a month for 24 months with 300 mins, unlimited texts and 1.5GB of internet decent? I hardly call and mainly text and I have Wi-Fi at home and uni.

VoxPop

Those are great-looking cases I just wish they would've sampled them with the silver model it's hard to tell which would look good with silver

Yeah :T

They look great on the black though. I'm assuming the silver will go decently with black/white. I'll give impressions on the case once I get em.

Trouble

Banned
HTC One Nillkin Matte Cases

$T2eC16R,!yME9s5qH!eZBRTc6Crtp!~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiQRyBRTc6UkRbg~~60_3.JPG

These babies look freaking sweet. Surprised I haven't come across them before. Love that rubberized looking back and the minimalistic clean aesthetic. Bit on both black AND white. Might pick up a red later after trying it out. They're only $10 with free shipping and a free screen protector!

Ordered the black one. Thanks for the link.

Hopefully someone can help me with some info. I've currently got an iPhone 4 on AT&T and I've preordered the 64 gig developer version directly from HTC. I've been out of my contract with AT&T for at least 6 months as well.

1) Can I just pop my sim card out of my iPhone 4 and put it into the HTC without any issues and it'll just work?

2) If I do decide to upgrade my account to LTE, what do I have to do to keep my unlimited data plan?

I'm just spoiled with how easy it is to do everything through iTunes with Apple as far as setting up a new phone is, and I've never had an unlocked phone before since I've always got phones through new contracts. So all of this is new territory for me.

Trouble

Banned
Hopefully someone can help me with some info. I've currently got an iPhone 4 on AT&T and I've preordered the 64 gig developer version directly from HTC. I've been out of my contract with AT&T for at least 6 months as well.

1) Can I just pop my sim card out of my iPhone 4 and put it into the HTC without any issues and it'll just work?

2) If I do decide to upgrade my account to LTE, what do I have to do to keep my unlimited data plan?

I'm just spoiled with how easy it is to do everything through iTunes with Apple as far as setting up a new phone is, and I've never had an unlocked phone before since I've always got phones through new contracts. So all of this is new territory for me.

1. If it's the same size and an LTE capable SIM, then you should be good. I have no idea what they put in the iPhone 4.

2. Talk to someone at AT&T and they should be able to convert your account and keep you grandfathered on unlimited. If they say you can't keep unlimited hang up and call back to find someone who knows what they are doing.

Those are great-looking cases I just wish they would've sampled them with the silver model it's hard to tell which would look good with silver

It also looks like the case doesn't have a small lip over the front which makes it pretty much useless to protect it. Who cares if you drop it on its back? It's the screen you should be concerned about.

Get a screen protector and slip case at least
why? I've honestly never done this on any smartphone I've ever owned and nothing ever happened. But I'm not really clumsy when it comes to holding stuff. Screen protector is especially worthless.

People are too careful. Enjoy your phones! Unless it has glass on it and you're worried about resale value, then I understand.

I switched carriers just for this.

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink Sprint will take care of all the transfer details for me, since I provided the account number? They mentioned it on the newegg pre-order form, but not the one on sprint's own website (chose the latter due to a $20 difference).

How does it usually go? Do I just get a final bill from my old carrier for the last month plus an early withdrawal fee?

why? I've honestly never done this on any smartphone I've ever owned and nothing ever happened. But I'm not really clumsy when it comes to holding stuff. Screen protector is especially worthless.

People are too careful. Enjoy your phones! Unless it has glass on it and you're worried about resale value, then I understand.

My friend with a Gnex cracked his screen (he shattered his og evo too) and buddy with a gs3 killed his phone. Better to be safe!

i've had a screen protector and a case with a belt clip on every smartphone i ever owned and nothing ever happened. i've never had phone insurance either!

VanWinkle

I just want this phone so bad. Wish I would have stuck with my Trophy for awhile longer instead of getting the S3 last year, but you never know when an incredible phone like this is going to come out. S3 is still a nice phone, but my goodness is this thing awesome.

i've had a screen protector and a case with a belt clip on every smartphone i ever owned and nothing ever happened. i've never had phone insurance either!
I've had neither and nothing has ever happened to any of my phones. My evidence > yours. No phone condoms. No plastic.

I just want this phone so bad. Wish I would have stuck with my Trophy for awhile longer instead of getting the S3 last year, but you never know when an incredible phone like this is going to come out. S3 is still a nice phone, but my goodness is this thing awesome.
if this thing is successful, there is always the HTC Two. Or the HTC One Two. Or the HTC One X Redux.

Whatever they choose to name it.

I've had neither and nothing has ever happened to any of my phones. My evidence > yours. No phone condoms. No plastic.

if this thing is successful, there is always the HTC Two. Or the HTC One Two. Or the HTC One X Redux.

Whatever they choose to name it.

they're gonna continue with premium names like HTC Uno, HTC Primo, HTC Alpha, HTC Gold Medal, etc...

javac

Most likely getting this instead of the s4. My s4 pre order is still pending so I don't think I can cancel it yet but I'll probably do so soon.

$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngyDrBRTc73V,Ug~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16V,!)cE9s4PtnFlBRTc8F)h+!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16h,!)0E9s37Id91BRTc8SU9y!~~60_3.JPG

These babies look freaking sweet. Surprised I haven't come across them before. Love that rubberized looking back and the minimalistic clean aesthetic. Bit on both black AND white. Might pick up a red later after trying it out. They're only $10 with free shipping and a free screen protector!

Nice, just what I was looking for. Ordered.

Anyone post this yet? Just saw it and was pretty impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaL87kEqZ4Y

Holy shiiiiit

well, I'm a weak man.. I bought the 64GB developer edition.

I'm a sucker for solid construction.. That's what tax refunds are for, right?

Trouble

Banned
well, I'm a weak man.. I bought the 64GB developer edition.

I'm a sucker for solid construction.. That's what tax refunds are for, right?

Just googled the developer edition. Man that is spendy. :eek:

I'm replacing my unlocked Galaxy Nexus, so I'll keep that around for tinkering and any international travel.

ATT is asking $599 for the phone off contract for the 32GB version and I'd have to pay tax ordering from them.

Dev edition is $649 from HTC and comes sim unlocked and has an unlocked bootloader and no tax unless you're in CA or TX.. so it's actually cheaper than what I'd pay at ATT.

Still not cheap, though. Contract free phones never are :)

leng jai

There are no words for anyone who uses a case with this phone.

My 4S is on it's last legs so I'll probably be getting this. Looks like it's going for $700 outright in Australia which isn't that bad.

Hey guys. I just went on an accessory spree as I saw my phone was coming this Friday...

Here are some sweet stuff I picked up

PhantomSkinz HTC One Full Body Matte Screen Protector

Normally $24.95, 30% off for preorder of a yet to be released phone. Also use 'getsocial' as a coupon code for an additional 20% off! Netted the bad boy for only $16 shipped!

Charging cradle

$19.99 looked decent enough

$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngyDrBRTc73V,Ug~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16V,!)cE9s4PtnFlBRTc8F)h+!~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16h,!)0E9s37Id91BRTc8SU9y!~~60_3.JPG

Fucking sweet. Thanks

Gannd

Banned
There are no words for anyone who uses a case with this phone.

My 4S is on it's last legs so I'll probably be getting this. Looks like it's going for $700 outright in Australia which isn't that bad.

I went with the black. So excited to get this phone.

nib95

Banned
So bizarre to me that people buy phones based on the design and build and then wrap it in a case. Just doesn't make sense to me.

VPhys

So bizarre to me that people buy phones based on the design and build and then wrap it in a case. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It's even more amazing when you see how many iPhone cases are out there and almost no one uses an iphone naked. With all the time Apple spends on design, and all this talk about plastic, and people cover their metal phones with plastic and rubber. It's a shame.

javac

Yeah it goes both ways really.

On one hand why would you care about the design when its the functionality that matters?

But then why do people have a hard time choosing if all you look at in the innards and the OS.

Likewise why do these manufacturers spend countless hours on the design and materials if all you do is cover it up?

I guess if you got a phone like the Galaxy S series you'd cover it up because its plastic and gets scratched up easily and the looks are secondary for that phone. For the HTC One the innards are also important but its such a high quality looking phone that you just wanna see it everyday and appreciate the craftsmanship. Looks rugged too.

So I read on Android Central that the reason why the Black version is delayed is because of manufacturing defects just like iPhone 5 scratch/finish issues, which is why there's no ETA for it.

If that's the case I'm just going to get the Silver version. I'm not going to wait around for who knows how long until they finally fix it because as much as I like the Black it's just not worth it.

Shipment should be starting..

Anyone got their shipping confirmation ..?

Kinda excited...I want to see whats all the hype is about. This phone Is probably one of the most hype and most hated android around.

Blackhead

Redarse
It's even more amazing when you see how many iPhone cases are out there and almost no one uses an iphone naked. With all the time Apple spends on design, and all this talk about plastic, and people cover their metal phones with plastic and rubber. It's a shame.

On the other hand Apple did design the iPhone 4 with the idea that people would have to cover it with a case. ;) Their customers just carried on following their lead

I put my phone in my pocket and sometimes can get scratched from the buttons. When I drive I place it in a little compartment near my gear shifter and could also get worn or scratched when moved. It can also get scratched when I place it on a table or hard surface. It also gets banged up if dropped.

All reasons why I put a case on my phones.

DonDraper

Banned
Has there been any word on the T-Mo version? Other than that HTC Email sign up I really haven't heard much about this phone on TM. Price? No contract pricing plan? Release?

I really want one and this lack of info is killing me.

Top Bottom