• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Gritesh

Ok more time with the phone...and its awesome. Camera ain't too bad and its very fast.

showed Iphone diehards and even they were like WOW..

Iphone killer confirmed.

I think I might just go ahead with this device tomorrow.

It's only a phone, I'm sure if I don't like it I can always sell it and get a different one down the road.

reKon

Banned
For all of you claiming that the GS4 is ugly and then putting your a case on your HTC One I would slap you if I saw you on the streets.

Gritesh

For all of you claiming that the GS4 is ugly and then putting your a case on your HTC One I would slap you if I saw you on the streets.

Considering it cannot be repaired apparently your damn right I will be putting a case on this phone!

Edit* Ahem

reKon

Banned
Why would anyone want to ruin the HTC One with any kind of condom?

And now you understand the hard trade off. I would hate to put a case on an iPhone 5 or the HTC One. The S4 is very slim at 7.9 mm and has a big screen while maintaining the same size as the S3 and some slim cases and smart covers make it actually look better. Not trying to make this about S4 vs One, but I find it the same people who are obsessed with the feel and look are putting cases on their phone that hides a lot of the beauty.

Iphone killer confirmed.

I think I might just go ahead with this device tomorrow.

It's only a phone, I'm sure if I don't like it I can always sell it and get a different one down the road.

do it!....you will have 30 days to return it anyways....

I can't stop playing with it and its not even mine.

feels so good in the hands....iphone 5 quality indeed

Con_Smith

Banned
Finally put the money down today and playing the waiting game for it t be delivered. Kinda sucks I overlooked the lack of a sd slot but whatevs. Only thing heavy I download are podcasts so I'm not to worried about that. Lookin around xda and a couple of forums dev support seems to be positive and as someone switching from a moto device the fact I can unlock my phone the day I get it is a godsend.

Anyone with the device apply screen protectors on it yet? Wondering if the speakers would be an issue when covering the phone and if I should pick up the full body or just a regular front. Can't wait till next week to play with this baby.

Gannd

Banned
Movies and entire TV series on the go, among other things.

I posted that phone merely because it is beautiful phone, regardless of its other specs. And I doubt you can tell the difference between 720p vs 1080p on a 5 inch screen.

Back when HD TVs were just beginning, the average person couldn't even see the difference between 720p vs 1080p on a 50" screen.

Anyways, I'd never trade functionality/versatility for looks, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate great looking phones, and there will be some awesome LOOKING phones with no-bezel designs coming out in the future. This pantech is probably just the beginning of a flood.

But you can do that with 32Gb. Do you just want to have everything with you all the time?

Gritesh

Finally put the money down today and playing the waiting game for it t be delivered. Kinda sucks I overlooked the lack of a sd slot but whatevs. Only thing heavy I download are podcasts so I'm not to worried about that. Lookin around xda and a couple of forums dev support seems to be positive and as someone switching from a moto device the fact I can unlock my phone the day I get it is a godsend.

Anyone with the device apply screen protectors on it yet? Wondering if the speakers would be an issue when covering the phone and if I should pick up the full body or just a regular front. Can't wait till next week to play with this baby.

Question about this....

How do you download podcasts for an android device?
When I last had android there was no content manager so I don't know how you would subscribe or anything to podcasts.

Cipherr

But you can do that with 32Gb. Do you just want to have everything with you all the time?

No.... YOU can do that with 32GB.

My music collection alone is bigger than that. A lot of it is lossless, but still. Once you get into television shows? Lol @ 32GB.

Gannd

Banned
No.... YOU can do that with 32GB.

My music collection alone is bigger than that. A lot of it is lossless, but still. Once you get into television shows? Lol @ 32GB.

I have a lot of music too, I just listen to it using Google Music or the Amazon music app. I have the whole first season of Fallen Sky downloaded and I'm still okay.

Gannd

Banned
Question about this....

When I last had android there was no content manager so I don't know how you would subscribe or anything to podcasts.

You download an app such as Pocket Casts and search or add the cast RSS.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
oh lawd im abotu to upgrade from my piece of shit samsung galaxy s 1 to HTC one next week.. o lawd

Haha I have a Galaxy S1 as well, trying to decide what phone to upgrade to. I'm on Verizon so I don't think I can get the HTC One. Will probably be either an S4 or iPhone 5.

Astral

Tomorrow's the day. I didn't preorder it though because I didn't like the plans available. If I'm not able to get it tomorrow I'm going to destroy something.

I've upgraded from an iPhone 4 and the difference is enormous. Such a huge leap, the software more than the hardware. I don't think I am ever going back to iOS based just on spending a few hours with this device. It just offers so much more. I can't believe I stuck with iOS for so long.

Astral

HTCs don't fly off the shelf like Galaxy phones. I'm hoping that's going to change but you should be ok.

I'm hoping that's the case. I talked to a guy at the store a few days ago and he told me there's no need to preorder it because they have a ton of them. We'll see how it goes.

It'll only get worse when everyone gets their shiny new toys in a few days and shows them off in this thread!
I semi-feel your pain. My upgrade date was november which is wayyy after all the good shit came out so I purposely sat on it to use it around this time so I could use it every year when the flagships come out. You could do that too but it would be a brutal wait to sit on it for like 10 months hahaha.

I'd recommend a nillikin case at least...not something bulky like an otterbox. Its a smooth device imo.
never, nekked. I take pretty good care of my stuff though. I baby my phone.

I semi-feel your pain. My upgrade date was november which is wayyy after all the good shit came out so I purposely sat on it to use it around this time so I could use it every year when the flagships come out. You could do that too but it would be a brutal wait to sit on it for like 10 months hahaha.

never, nekked. I take pretty good care of my stuff though. I baby my phone.

I'm still seriously considering buying it off contract. Sprint will give me $175 for my iphone and I could save my upgrade for the Note III time-frame

We'll see!

Also, rocking this beauty naked is the only way to go!

Con_Smith

Banned
Question about this....

Doggcatcher or Beyondpod. Both have a search function and ways to place the rss to keep a feed updated. Doggcatcher is great but has issues with podcasts it can't easily find (such as the So well Spoke cast. Had to add that one three times for some reason.) Beyondpod is good too but I've been with doggcatcher since my og droid so even though I like it's interface and category options better I always go back to DC.

Jigolo

I'm still seriously considering buying it off contract. Sprint will give me $175 for my iphone and I could save my upgrade for the Note III time-frame

We'll see!

Also, rocking this beauty naked is the only way to go!

Selling an iPhone on craigslist will get you more money. I'd do that instead of trading it up with Sprint.

Purexed

Banned
Thanks guys. Found the setting tucked in the display setting. Kinda spoiled from simply double-tapping the home screen in iOS. How do I trigger Android's version of Siri so I can tell it to lock screen rotation?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
If you ordered the 32GB or 64GB dev edition, it's been delayed:

We have an important update about your order. Due to shipping issues with the 32G unlocked and 64G Developers Editions of the New HTC One®, there will be a slight delay in shipping your HTC One® to you. We expect to have your phone delivered to you, via overnight shipping, before the end of April. We’ll do everything we can to get it shipped to you as soon as possible.

We understand the excitement and anticipation that comes with a new phone, and we are confident that the HTC One® will exceed that anticipation.

Thanks for the support,

HTC ShopAmerica

just got it this morning

Gannd

Banned
Thanks guys. Found the setting tucked in the display setting. Kinda spoiled from simply double-tapping the home screen in iOS. How do I trigger Android's version of Siri so I can tell it to lock screen rotation?
Long press the home button and tell Google Now to do it.

HildyB

So sad, HTC just emailed me to say my unlocked 32GB is delayed... but I get overnight shipping and it should come in by next week... we'll see.. I sold my N4 to buy this, now I am suffering with an iPhone 4 (I did miss Tweetbot though).

Con_Smith

Banned
Just checked my e-mail and saw I am getting it today. So fucking psyched I'm dancing in my under wares! Anyway to check the time through ups?

Top Bottom