• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

Here's my battery info for the day. I drive an hour and fifteen to work each day. My phone was connected to 2 Bluetooth devices for the duration of the trip. My phone has been in battery save mode all day. Not sure how that impacts performance as the phone felt fine all day. Both to and from work I listened to pocketcasts and streamed some Spotify. This is a very typical usage pattern for me. My battery is much better off than it would've been on my iPhone 5.

Screenshot_2013-04-22-16-38-41.png

Screenshot_2013-04-22-16-38-53.png

Screenshot_2013-04-22-16-38-58.png

reKon

Banned
Here's my battery info for the day. I drive an hour and fifteen to work each day. My phone was connected to 2 Bluetooth devices for the duration of the trip. My phone has been in battery save mode all day. Not sure how that impacts performance as the phone felt fine all day. Both to and from work I listened to pocketcasts and streamed some Spotify. This is a very typical usage pattern for me. My battery is much better off than it would've been on my iPhone 5.

Looks good, seems like you get a good signal. It seems that no matter phone I get, battery drain will be high because I get bad signal in the office (which is in a skyscraper). Therefore, even with data turn off, my battery still goes down a lot. It's going to be interesting how the drain compares to the Galaxy Nexus. If it isn't as bad, then that will confirm that the Galaxy Nexus has one of the worst LTE radios ever created.

iavi

Yeh, the battery and speakerphone are the main reasons I'm looking to jump ship from the Gnex. I still love the Amoled, and performance is fine, but I can barely hear my ringer, and the battery is a gotdayum travesty.

VoxPop

Anyone know how to change the default Sense lockscreen? I hate the fact that my dock is in the lockscreen and the fact I can't add a security measure.

Looks good, seems like you get a good signal. It seems that no matter phone I get, battery drain will be high because I get bad signal in the office (which is in a skyscraper). Therefore, even with data turn off, my battery still goes down a lot. It's going to be interesting how the drain compares to the Galaxy Nexus. If it isn't as bad, then that will confirm that the Galaxy Nexus has one of the worst LTE radios ever created.

I commute from upstate NY to the highest point in NYC for work. My signal is incredible. Was pulling 50mbps on speedtest today.

BFIB

Threw up my Galaxy S3 for sale.

Hopefully some takers!

Ran up to the local Sprint Store, they have plenty in stock. So I'm torn on once I sell my S3 to offset the cost of buying outright, just to order straight from HTC (no bloatware), or just go the Sprint option (Which will be $30 cheaper compared to ordering through HTC).

VoxPop

Settings -> Personalize -> Lock screen style

for security

Settings -> Security -> Screen lock

Yeah you can only choose the type of lockscreen and they all have the dock lol.

I wanna be able to change the clock and get rid of the dock.

Also even though I choose pattern in the security lock, I can just simply swipe up and unlock the phone?

Using apex launcher in case that matters

Yeah you can only choose the type of lockscreen and they all have the dock lol.

I wanna be able to change the clock and get rid of the dock.

Also even though I choose pattern in the security lock, I can just simply swipe up and unlock the phone?

Using apex launcher in case that matters

might have to go 3rd party app for the lock screen.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
How the hell do I get the HTC email app to automatically download emails? It seems like I have to manually refresh every time. I want it to download every 15 minutes. What setting do I adjust?

It doesn't seem like the email "Sync" adjustments have an affect on downloading

iavi

longtime ios user here. Really leaning towards this phone on may 1st when i become eligible for upgrade (from iphone 4s).

I know very little about the android platform so forgive me for newb questions

1. how do app games compare to itunes? I love my ios games so if I can find comprable fun in android store, that would be great news but not a deal breaker by any means

2. can i pull drm protection off of my itunes music to play on this device?

3. battery life is ok?

Android still doesn't have as many games as IOS, but parity is almost there

Itunes hasn't used a restrictive DRM in the longest time.

I don't own the phone yet, but the battery is said to last you at least whole day with heavy use.

BFIB

longtime ios user here. Really leaning towards this phone on may 1st when i become eligible for upgrade (from iphone 4s).

1. how do app games compare to itunes? I love my ios games so if I can find comprable fun in android store, that would be great news but not a deal breaker by any means

3. battery life is ok?

1. The game selection is getting there. Its not quite on iOS level (Still no PopCap makes me sad), but there are a ton of good alternatives (including emulators if you choose to go that route).
2. No issues at all when converting music. Tons of apps out there for transferring, but I just set up my google play account, and transferred all of my iTunes into the Google Music app.
3. Battery is a little larger than my S3, and I can get a solid days use with no problem.

VoxPop

might have to go 3rd party app for the lock screen.

Kk thanks man. Any recommendations? I was thinking DashClock but its not compatible with 4.1

SomewhatGroovy said:

3. battery life is ok?

1. Meh the games/apps aren't anywhere close to what it is on iOS but most of the real popular ones (Temple Run 2, Real Racing 3, Angry Birds, etc) all make it with no issue. You also have access to emulators and such.

2. I have no idea, I just stream my music

3. Battery life has been surprisingly good. On par with my iPhone if not better

BFIB

hey guys, thanks.

i saw that there were nes/genesis/snes emulators on there. are the games included with the emulators or is there an extra step involved to locate a game's file?

the apps aren't a bother as I gave my wife my 4S and we have an ipad so thats always there.

i mostly use my phone to browse, watch the occassional youtube and take pictures with.

Edited my post. Its fairly easy to load. If you get the phone, PM me and I'll provide a walkthrough.

VoxPop

hey guys, thanks.

i saw that there were nes/genesis/snes emulators on there. are the games included with the emulators or is there an extra step involved to locate a game's file?

the apps aren't a bother as I gave my wife my 4S and we have an ipad so thats always there.

i mostly use my phone to browse, watch the occassional youtube and take pictures with.

Its-a-Trap-1.jpg

But yeah I don't think we're allowed to discuss that here :)

One + iPad = win

this phone will do all those things wonderfully with no issue

Trouble

Banned
Could not for the life of me figure out how to get to my AT&T voicemail. Doesn't matter anyways since I use Google Voice and reset it so it goes there again. Just seemed odd that there wasn't a super obvious way to get to voice mail.

Not really feeling Sense, I'm trying to keep an open mind, but probably going to jump ship to Nova pretty soon.

Also, Amazon App store apparently doesn't work on the HTC One. Hopefully they will get an update soon for that.

hwalker84

Good lord the speakers on this thing are ridiculous.

Can anyone answer my question about separating mail accounts out of the default mail app?

went ahead and bought it...

this should be my phone for at least....2 years.

Farewell Run for my Iphone 4....you have done my well old friend.

It's been fun..

:(

Good lord the speakers on this thing are ridiculous.

Can anyone answer my question about separating mail accounts out of the default mail app?
I don't think I've ever seen someone ask that question lol so I wouldn't know where to start. I wouldn't think such a thing is possible by default...don't know though.

Could not for the life of me figure out how to get to my AT&T voicemail. Doesn't matter anyways since I use Google Voice and reset it so it goes there again. Just seemed odd that there wasn't a super obvious way to get to voice mail.

Not really feeling Sense, I'm trying to keep an open mind, but probably going to jump ship to Nova pretty soon.

Also, Amazon App store apparently doesn't work on the HTC One. Hopefully they will get an update soon for that.

There's an AT&T Visual Voicemail app in the Play store; did you try that?

It's incredibly annoying to have to hit a drop down box for my separate email accounts.
maybe just use separate email apps for each if you want. I would rather it all be in one. Isn't it easier to hit a drop down then leave whatever you're on, go back to home screen and choose another thing from there.

zewone

maybe just use separate email apps for each if you want. I would rather it all be in one. Isn't it easier to hit a drop down then leave whatever you're on, go back to home screen and choose another thing from there.

I use Gmail app for personal and stock Email app for Work Exchange.

I like having the two separated, so I know it will make it harder for me to reply to my boss or something on accident. :X

hwalker84

Yes and no. When I look at the main screen I'd easily like to see exactly how many unread emails i have not a unified number. I get an absurd amount of work emails. If I just want to go directly into my hotmail but the last account I opened was my work I have more steps to get to that account. Basically I'd like to know how to pin "windows phone like" separate email accounts.

Con_Smith

Banned
So I know everyone is enjoying the phone but how are the headphones that come with the it? What do they look like? I like my girlfriends iphone 5 earbuds but I doubt htc would shape them a similar way due to how much apple enjoys calling the lawyers.

Darkkn

When picking the correct auto correct word is there a way to make it automatically add a space after choosing?

Edit: Oh, i was thinking of stock keyboard, not sure how it is on One.

I think it automatically adds space if you start typing another word, but not if you end the sentence.

Top Bottom