• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

markot

Banned
I like silver, im only scared that it might show scratches and crap more, if you know what I mean, like from just putting it on tables and what nots on the back.

bjscott05

Just used the silver model at best buy today. Absolutely gorgeous phone with a fantastic display. Held it next to my nexus 4 and the screen on my n4 didn't even compare. Only thing I didn't like were the keys at the bottom. Would prefer to have a dedicated home, back, and multitask button. Could probably get used to that though.

markot

Banned
Anyone do 3d mark >.<? I got 6775 in extreme, which beat the s4.

But my result is 500 pts more then the average for the htc one >.>

8fXUEd5.jpg

Can you share the icon pack/theme for this? Thanks!

My only complaint is that they should have had 3 buttons instead of 2 cause apps tend to take up room at the bottom of the screen for the third button >.<

Just used the silver model at best buy today. Absolutely gorgeous phone with a fantastic display. Held it next to my nexus 4 and the screen on my n4 didn't even compare. Only thing I didn't like were the keys at the bottom. Would prefer to have a dedicated home, back, and multitask button. Could probably get used to that though.

fear not...once the the custom kernel starts popping up....the HTC logo can be used as a dedicated button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAIHUfHD9cQ

markot

Banned
Hell, they should have just copied samsung and made the HTC button a 'real' button if they wanted to.

2 buttons was kinda silly, but a small complaint in the long run.

Trouble

Banned
Hell, they should have just copied samsung and made the HTC button a 'real' button if they wanted to.

2 buttons was kinda silly, but a small complaint in the long run.

I kinda wish pushing the HTC logo did something. I'm used to the home button being in the middle.

jey_16

Banned
I like silver, im only scared that it might show scratches and crap more, if you know what I mean, like from just putting it on tables and what nots on the back.

Apparently that's the issue with the black one, its more fragile and shows more chips etc.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Silver is the best.

Can someone help me with my email question in the last page though? How do I get it to refresh and download emails automatically?

hwalker84

Now that I've become fully acclimated the phone is definitely an amazing device. Something I could use daily. Still prefer my 920 (don't kill me). Slaughters the iPhone.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Couldn't you set it to push when you set up the email accounts?

Nope.

It's a POP account for my work emails, we use Rackspace servers. On my Galaxy SII Skyrocket the emails came in at intervals I set them to come in at. No such feature here.

Cipherr

1. how do app games compare to itunes? I love my ios games so if I can find comprable fun in android store, that would be great news but not a deal breaker by any means

Best way to answer this is to go to play.google.com. Log into to your Gmail/Google account and just search the entire app store for the apps and games you want. If they are there, then they are there, if they aren't they aren't. But you can search and see everything available right from the browser. You should do that before you buy IMO. Especially to make sure any games you absolutely have to have are available before you drop $600 on a phone.

thirty

Banned
Wonder if Nokia will get money or ask HTC to kindly remove their superior sound chip from the phone. You early adopters should consider yourself lucky.

Wonder if Nokia will get money or ask HTC to kindly remove their superior sound chip from the phone. You early adopters should consider yourself lucky.

well HTC no longer has access to the chip as the company selling it to them can't sell it to them anymore. It's highly possible HTC didn't even know this was the same chip Nokia contracted this company to make. It is interesting how it will effect future Ones'.

Some of these photos popping up of the gap and cutting are pretty terrible.

almost all new high profile release phones have people with OCD complaining about something-gate.

with this phone its with .002mm gap and such.

with the S3 was the black ink spot and the pinkish screen.

some complains are really a non issues.

leng jai

almost all new high profile release phones have people with OCD complaining about something-gate.

with this phone its with .002mm gap and such.

with the S3 was the black ink spot and the pinkish screen.

some complains are really a non issues.

That gap is pretty big, looks like a worse case scenario though. The cutting is uneven too. Pretty bad when you're advertising a phone as having "no gaps".

That gap is pretty big, looks like a worse case scenario though. The cutting is uneven too. Pretty bad when you're advertising a phone as having "no gaps".

Yeah that particular one is bad..but Ive seen some post gaps that was so small that it was ridiculous.
Even anantech reviews says that there are still gaps to be found.

Shit like this always happens with early run devices.

That said, I'm ready for a certain Soldier to run with this one.

LOL...

I plan on going through at least 10 different phones at the sprint store until i find one that was meticulously built to perfection. I don't want people pointing and laughing at me in the street cause my poverty phone has gaps in it :(

edit---

all joking aside, thanks for the heads up. Will inspect before purchase...

Trouble

Banned
I just fired up Anamoly Korea on this bad boy and damn this thing is fast. Like zero load time and buttery smooth. My Galaxy Nexus constantly choked on that game. But man did that murder the battery.

Talon

i expect some GS4s to just fall apart, no way these things have good QC with this rushed schedule.
Right.

Yellow screens on iPhone 4s. Pink blotches on the Galaxy S4 screen. Scuffs on the iPhone 5. Stuff rubbing onto the One X.

I guess it's fun to shit on whatever company (is it? is it really?), but QC on these devices must be a huge pain in the ass.

reKon

Banned
i'm pretty sure there have been people on GAF who went through like 6 Galaxy Nexus's because it wasn't absolutely perfect

btrboyev

I bought off contract today (AT&T 32GB) and plugged my sim out of my 4S into it. The phone is awesome and gorgeous, but I very quickly had buyers remorse. I ended up returning it. I cannot justify $700 while my 4S is still "good enough"

Hopefully AT&T doesn't try to screw me over because I used my sim in it. I got a text from them saying I need an upgraded plan to use a LTE device.

zedge

I'm just glad we live in a world where we don't have to worry about dust creeping under the screen of devices.

I'm looking at you, Motorola RAZR and RIZR!

My 920 is in for repair for this crap. Dust in the FFC. Second time too, first one was practically falling apart. They can use all the premium shit they want, if the QC is bad it doesnt matter much. :/

What I want to know is how to get those touch buttons at the bottom to light up. They're lit up now but sometimes I can press them and they don't light up. Not sure what "rule" it needs to fall under to actually work.

What I want to know is how to get those touch buttons at the bottom to light up. They're lit up now but sometimes I can press them and they don't light up. Not sure what "rule" it needs to fall under to actually work.

I think it has to do with the light sensor ....when I'm under a light, the buttons don't light up, but then I cover the sensor and they light up.

Top Bottom