• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

IMG_20130506_202834.jpg
you done did it now!!!

I was offered the free 50gb Dropbox with my dev edition except i skipped the step and now don't know how to get back to it.

My lte signal is so low here in austin its not even funny. Do i still need to contact att to use it? Thing is i did 2 days ago when i activated my htc one that i bought from them (and then returned the next day).

Signing in to dropbox should be enough to trigger an email to the sane address you signed in on with a link to get the extra space.

NICE!!!

I was offered the free 50gb Dropbox with my dev edition except i skipped the step and now don't know how to get back to it.

My lte signal is so low here in austin its not even funny. Do i still need to contact att to use it? Thing is i did 2 days ago when i activated my htc one that i bought from them (and then returned the next day).

the ATT version comes with a firmware thats optimize for LTE... I think. People with the Dev edition and International unlock are not getting as fast of an LTE speed as the ATT version.

Like when I was stock ATT I was getting up to 60mb ...when I flashed a Dev edition Rom ...it was like half.....But seem to have a better battery life...

reKon

Banned
I think the top of mine above the speaker grill has a small hair line gap. If I press on it hard you can close the gap

Dead

well not really...yet
The speakers are really...impressive. Whether listening to music, or putting on some video on youtube...Me and my friends always share stuff on our phones, so the speakers on this are some gamechanging shit

Orca

I've spent this long customizing it the way I want and the phone is on stock software still. I can't imagine how long I'd play around with it if I rooted it.

Fortunately this is my first Android phone and I'm happy to keep it stock for a while hahaha

RoKKeR

Looks like I'm eligible. Will pick it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm still undecided though: Black or Silver?

The speakers are really...impressive. Whether listening to music, or putting on some video on youtube...Me and my friends always share stuff on our phones, so the speakers on this are some gamechanging shit

i can't believe how good the sound is coming out of this phone. Truly truly impresssed!

damn I want mine to look like this

No kidding. I'm such a noob when it comes to Android though, I need to do a lot of research about the whole rooting business.
No root required for my homescreens. :)

Complete with links to save you guys time:

Lockscreen:

- WidgetLocker and TeslaUnread plugin using the included Jelly Bean slider theme. The three small icons (circlious) above the date and time are WL application widgets.

Home Screen:

- Apex Launcher with DCikonz icon set installed. 5x5 grid to make icons closer together.

Lockscreen and Homescreen:

- The time and date are one custom Minimalistic Text widget using the “movie letters” font.

- The current weather condition on the lockscreen and 5 day forecast on the homescreen are Eye in the Sky Weather widgets using the included ”climacons” theme.

Some widgets are resized. The wallpapers I’m using are included in this huge 1080p wallpaper pack.

Try turning Beats audio off its a crazy difference

First good thing ever associated with Beats, rofl

Word with a music background I do everythingi can to steer people sway from beats but it's legit good eq and maximizing .

I'm having problems changing my text notification sound. I've changed it but whenever i get a text it keeps the same default ring?

jey_16

Banned
Wow...so after the small issues I had with my silver one, they are sending me a replacement but it looks like they have accidently sent me a black one (based on the delivery info atleast)

Not sure what I'm going to do....

reKon

Banned
Wow...so after the small issues I had with my silver one, they are sending me a replacement but it looks like they have accidently sent me a black one (based on the delivery info atleast)

Not sure what I'm going to do....

Black.. it was meant to be

Word with a music background I do everythingi can to steer people sway from beats but it's legit good eq and maximizing .

I'm having problems changing my text notification sound. I've changed it but whenever i get a text it keeps the same default ring?

You gotta change that in the Messaging app, not the Settings.

LordAlu

Looks like I'm eligible. Will pick it up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm still undecided though: Black or Silver?
I wanted the Black here in the UK but when I went to buy it from the Three store they told me it was discontinued so only pre-ordered ones were being fulfilled as stock came in - apparently they've had issues getting the black one produced so they've stopped producing them?

Either way, the silver one is very nice but I'd personally still go for the black coz daaaaamn is it nice.

Welp, I just gave up the HTC One and went back to the iPhone 4. =(

What were your specific reasons?

It's not that huge of a leap as people make it seem. Should be a rather easy transition. I've been switching around back and forth since the first iPhone and Motorola Droid so take it for what it's worth.

It's much bigger than you would think. Size is a factor as some things I was able to do with one hand now require two. Notifications on the lock screen are an issue on the HTC one but I imagine I can rectify this with find the right third party notification solution. Big one I'm looking at right now is battery. The iPhone 4 lasted me a lot longer on a single charge.

reKon

Banned
This phone is a speed demon, which I obviously knew after playing with the demo unit. It absolutely destroys my GNex on CM 10.1 in every single area. On the GNexus, the phone would lag and stutter mainly when downloading a ton of apps while using the phone if I'm fresh off flashing a new rom. With this, there was none of that at all. With the quad core CPU this is for the first time what I would consider true multi-tasking. Everything downloaded quickly and with battery saver off, and the screen on (50% brightness) for nearly an hour in half while downloading on Wifi the ENTIRE time, it went from 51 - 21%. I download MC4 to test out gaming on this and of course it performed much better than the Gnex.

I mainly enjoy how snappy everything is. While in MC4 (during game play, not paused), I pressed the home button and it instantly took me to the home screen. I navigated around after that with no lag, then went into recent apps and pressed on MC4. It loaded the game up paused instantly. Lastly, auto rotation is 12432x times quicker than how it was on my GNex. I don't know if this was because of the ROM I was on or if there was some up with the sensor in the GNex.

Con_Smith

Banned
I still can't believe how good the battery can be even with power saver off. I haven't needed an emergency charge yet which is crazy to me. Also haven't put a launcher on yet as I didn't know they remove blinkfeed which I kind have grown used to atm.

I still can't believe how good the battery can be even with power saver off. I haven't needed an emergency charge yet which is crazy to me. Also haven't put a launcher on yet as I didn't know they remove blinkfeed which I kind have grown used to atm.

I really have gotten into Blinkfeed. It's great when I'm standing in line somewhere and just want to read some headlines of stuff going on. It's just always there which makes it really handy. The only thing I haven't figured out was how to get it to auto update periodically. It seems to wait for me to refresh it.

We're living in different worlds since I'm all freaked out about the battery on mine. I have downloaded three battery managers and I'm still seeing significant drops in life. Power Saver is a must for me.

I need to know when that firmware update that is supposed to improve battery life will go world wide.

Pimpwerx

Does Power Saver even affect the performance? I have it on all the time, and I never have any problems running anything. I've run everything on this phone. Asphalt7, Temple Run Oz, GTA3, Vice City, EPOCH, FF3 and Virtua Tennis. Not a single hiccup. I play mp3s while gaming, and not a hitch. Everything is silky smooth. I don't know if Power Saver is the reason for a slight pause when switching windows back to the games, but that's about the only hiccup I've seen. I think it might be the Beats Audio starting up that causes it anyway.

I figure, the phone came with power saver mode on, so clearly it's a feature HTC thought wouldn't have a negative impact on their product's performance. So I'm keeping it on, and my battery life is fantastic. PEACE.

Con_Smith

Banned
We're living in different worlds since I'm all freaked out about the battery on mine. I have downloaded three battery managers and I'm still seeing significant drops in life. Power Saver is a must for me.

I need to know when that firmware update that is supposed to improve battery life will go world wide.

After being a droid user for so many years planned charging is something that's now a force of habit. Power saver is a big help as well but using this thing as heavy as I do is night and day from my previous experience with the droid 4 as even with roms and bloat removed it performed worse than the one on stock.

dopemethodz

Neo Member
What does it do that the default music app doesn't?

it allows you to get album covers online thru the app itself (not 100% sure the stock music app doesn't as i dont have my one yet so i cant check but sense 4 didnt have it)..it also has a more in depth eq rather just presets that you can customize to your liking..may just be me but i find that music sounds a lot better using this app than the stock one on any of my phones

Dead

well not really...yet
What does it do that the default music app doesn't?
Poweramp has a full built in EQ that is pretty nice. Its been my preferred android music player for a while.

The default HTC music player is pretty nice though for how simple and clean it is.

it allows you to get album covers online thru the app itself (not 100% sure the stock music app doesn't as i dont have my one yet so i cant check but sense 4 didnt have it)..it also has a more in depth eq rather just presets that you can customize to your liking..may just be me but i find that music sounds a lot better using this app than the stock one on any of my phones

Stock app will let you grab album covers, album pics, and lyrics. I also kinda dig the stock music app visual modes too, but I'm curious about this other music player.

Deitus

it allows you to get album covers online thru the app itself (not 100% sure the stock music app doesn't as i dont have my one yet so i cant check but sense 4 didnt have it)

The stock music app definitely does. When I booted it up, it immediately tracked down album covers for all of my music. It also downloads photos of the artists for when you sort by artist. Supposedly it will do lyrics as well, but I haven't spent enough time with it to figure out where it puts them.

Still, you are right that it is a fairly barebones app when it comes to sound settings.

Edit: Beaten. I always forget to refresh.

So my upgrade is tomorrow and I'll be ordering from an AT&T store manager that works with our job.

I want to get the 64GB version but wanted to know if I'll be able to get it from the store? From what I've been reading it seems the stores are only carrying the 32GB and the 64GB is online only. Has anyone been able to get the 64GB from the store and did they have in stock or did they have to special order it for you?

If that's the case then that freaking blows but I guess I won't have much of a choice but to settle for the 32GB version.

This will be my first Android phone btw, I'm coming from a 16GB iPhone 4S.

So my upgrade is tomorrow and I'll be ordering from an AT&T store manager that works with our job.

I want to get the 64GB version but wanted to know if I'll be able to get it from the store? From what I've been reading it seems the stores are only carrying the 32GB and the 64GB is online only. Has anyone been able to get the 64GB from the store and did they have in stock or did they have to special order it for you?

If that's the case then that freaking blows but I guess I won't have much of a choice but to settle for the 32GB version.

This will be my first Android phone btw, I'm coming from a 16GB iPhone 4S.

Don't settle if you're going to use the video camera capabilities.

Edit: For the record, it's something like 1.5 GB for 10 minutes of video. Video takes up a shit ton of space.

Got my One last night and love it. Build quality feels amazing compared to my S3, music sounds great, and it is fast as hell. The camera and Zoe are probably my favorite aspects of this phone. Really cool. Only real disappointment is that my lightflow purchase is now a waste because of the limited functionality of the led hardware, and that there doesn't seem to be a way to get blinkfeed working with Nova Launcher.

Do have a question though... what are the best apps for modifying the lock screen and notifcation bar?

Top Bottom