• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

reKon

Banned
I'm rooted and my phone is unlocked now. That's the only thing I've done and for some reason, Nova Launcher now has a slight delay all the time when pressing the home button and going from the App drawer to Home screen. Before when my phone was locked and rooted, they delay wasn't this long.. ugh.

I'm rooted and my phone is unlocked now. That's the only thing I've done and for some reason, Nova Launcher now has a slight delay all the time when pressing the home button and going from the App drawer to Home screen. Before when my phone was locked and rooted, they delay wasn't this long.. ugh.

Isn't there a way to speed up animations and transitions in Nova? Give it a shot.

reKon

Banned
Isn't there a way to speed up animations and transitions in Nova? Give it a shot.

I set everything up exactly the same. All the animations and transitions speeds are the same. The App drawer has even had to load up for a split second a I couple of times. This did not happen before when my phone was locked and unrooted.

I mean the delay isn't significant, but it's definitely noticeable.

Maybe it's time to try clean ROM when I get home. The only issue I have with flashing roms is that apparently if it's not a T-Mobile based rom, Wifi calling/text doesn't work yet. All I want is a rom that's just as fast as stock, stable, with a mod that lets me use the volume rocker to change the music track when the screen is off. Also, any battery life improvements are welcome even though mine is good.

In addition, my auto brightness doesn't seem to work as well anymore and for some reason I can't use the brightness slider with Power Control Widget. Moving it back and forth doesn't adjust the brightness. Before I unlocked and rooted, this all works flawlessly.

EDIT: so yeah something is definitely off here...

EDIT2: it looks like a quick reboot solved all the issue with the delay that was happening from App Drawer > Home Screen. Will have to check later to see if auto brightness is really broken

leng jai

Finally got my phone. Had to get the 64Gb version instead. Unfortunately I have the gap...

Is there any way to make the screen light up when you get notifications? Ridiculous omission.

Gonna be hard to wait for the next Nexus. My nexus 4 isn't feeling dated, but damn I want to buy a new phone.

I dont even know why I'm excited because I do plan on dumping my One for a nexus 5 assuming it's not a disappointing device. Reason I didn't just wait for the nexus and took this phone was because I had to use my upgrade anyway, since nexus is sold on play store and not at my carrier.

I dont even know why I'm excited because I do plan on dumping my One for a nexus 5 assuming it's not a disappointing device. Reason I didn't just wait for the nexus and took this phone was because I had to use my upgrade anyway, since nexus is sold on play store and not at my carrier.

My guess is that it will be a disappointing device.

The Google s4 and Google One(if it happens) will be hard to beat.

Seem like every nexus release had been gimp one way or ther other.

Google should just take any flagship phone and have a Google version of it.

Orayn

I'm going to deal with my internal conflict between wanting a Nexus 4 and wanting an HTC One and by waiting a little longer and hoping this rumor to pans out.

Cipherr

Hm.

Wonder what google is gonna do with the 2 buttonness of the one >.<?

There will be a third button. Ill bet thats what the delay is. Plus I hear the HTC logo is a capacitive button anyway, just deactivated right? This is seriously amazing stuff. I have lost count of the number of flagship Android phones where I say "if only it ran stock". If this trend continues it will be fantastic for the OS.

Get any phone you want with day 1 updates and no nonsense skins.

My guess is that it will be a disappointing device.

The Google s4 and Google One(if it happens) will be hard to beat.

Seem like every nexus release had been gimp one way or ther other.

Google should just take any flagship phone and have a Google version of it.

it's why I took the One, if the nexus does disappoint, and it could, at least I'll have this shmexy phone for the year.

I just want better battery life in the nexus, google said it's a priority...we'll see. The Optimus G2 is being announced in a week, so I guess we'll know the nexus 5 specs very soon lol.

Husker86

Yup, Google is the one that wants to remove the menu buttons.

Yeah in the US they specifically ask to include the charger.

Google wants to remove the Menu button, but they don't want to remove the task switcher button...right?

I really don't like the two button deal, though I hear HTC at least doesn't have the lag when hitting the Home button even though they have a two-tap function (GS3 with two-tap Home for S-Voice on creates an annoying lag if just hitting the Home button once).

Google wants to remove the Menu button, but they don't want to remove the task switcher button...right?

I really don't like the two button deal, though I hear HTC at least doesn't have the lag when hitting the Home button even though they have a two-tap function (GS3 with two-tap Home for S-Voice on creates an annoying lag if just hitting the Home button once).

Well Google probably want on screen buttons and no capacitive or hard buttons....

reKon

Banned
Running trickdroid on this baby. So far so good..

I'm glad they actually did s t mobile specfic version unlike most of the other roms out right now

leng jai

Amazing phone. After one day I already can never go back to iOS. The only downside so far is the poor build quality - gaps and poor cutting being the main culprits.

WOOooOtt HTC One Google edition confirmed by the same guy who leaked the S4 google edition.

That means a fully supported version of stock Android won't be far out of our grasp when it's out.

http://phandroid.com/2013/05/23/htc-one-google-edition-coming-soon/

canal-advert-celebrating-sliding-knees-13689846811.gif

Trouble

Banned
I would still have to root my phone to install this, wouldn't I?

Security policy at my work is that you can't root a phone and use it to access corporate mail under threat of termination. :/

The people I work for don't even know what rooting is.

Is it their phone?

reKon

Banned
Bulletproof is amazing, but as I understand it since HTC didn't release the .16 source code you will be stuck with the unresponsive capacitive buttons.

But the sweep2wake and the logo2menu is too nice I installed it anyways :)

I'll probably wait then until everything is as stable as possible

In the mean time, trickdroid + greenify + location updated turned off should offer god like battery life

Bulletproof is amazing, but as I understand it since HTC didn't release the .16 source code you will be stuck with the unresponsive capacitive buttons.

But the sweep2wake and the logo2menu is too nice I installed it anyways :)

The capacitive button sensitivity is fine with the kernal. Actually more responsive than stock.

The idle is just amazing though.

JonnyBrad

With a stock HTC one won't we loose features like ZOE and the Hightlights reel?

Yep, but you will gain timely updates. (4.3 will probably be out before the HTC one gets 4.2 judging by the way the controlled leaks for 4.3 have just started)

Its a trade off as to what you want really.

Yep, but you will gain timely updates. (4.3 will probably be out before the HTC one gets 4.2 judging by the way the controlled leaks for 4.3 have just started)

Its a trade off as to what you want really.

4.2 sounds like it may be out by the end of June. I highly doubt 4.3 will be out by then.

JonnyBrad

4.2 sounds like it may be out by the end of June. I highly doubt 4.3 will be out by then.

Considering its just turned up on a Nexus 4 in Thailand you may or may not be right. It was obviously scheduled to be announced at I/O before being yanked at the last minute. So they may well be readying for release next month.

That's neither here nor there though. People buy the GE/Nexus phones to get stock software and fast updates. If that's what someone wants they will have to forgo OEM customisations.

Groof

I finally was able to get my hands on one to try out in a store today and daaaamn. It definitely lived up to all the hype. The build felt real solid, looked even better in person than on pictures and hand a nice in-hand feel. The aluminium casing really does a huge difference. The power button placement was a bit iffy though, and the two button layout was real strange. Though I can see that quickly becoming a non-issue the more you use and get used to it.
Wasn't able to try out boomsound however, as the device had no media except for photos on it, but cranking the volume all the way up and hearing the volume indicator was enough, that shit be loud.
Display was also crisp as all hell and looked absolutely amazing, I was blown away. For some reason it felt like it was miles ahead of the GS4's screen, but I'm sure if I'd gotten to compare the two I'd think differently.

Conclusion: had I not been completely satisfied with my N4 I'd be all over this. Sense was absolutely non-intrusive and looked clean and slick. Hardware felt nice and software-wise it was fast and responsive, though it did have some slight hick-ups. Don't know if that was because it was a demo or what. Still though, major props to HTC for creating such a great device.

yep...but the hope is that someone will be able to easily make a ROM that has everything everyone likes...maybe :p

Super Frankenstein OS.

That's the thing with stock android.....it cant really implements items from sense or touchwiz.

framework of camera that's built around sense or touchwiz can't be easily converted to stock android.

Top Bottom