• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

iJF2C8rK0Qbna.gif

dream

For the purpose of fostering a culture of positivity, I move that we--as a group--agree to never complain about, bemoan, or lament anything related to John Cena again. The negativity, particularly the weekly repetition of "cena wins lol," really is getting old.

strobogo

Banned
There is only one true WORLD champion in sports: The San Antonio Spurs. They defeated every team in the US and Canada, and therefore are champions of the WORLD. Period.

Sblargh

Banned
When are you guys doing the canonization of the crosspost?

Already halfway there. Didn't you noticed everyone with their praying beads?
-
And I made my point enough times, I feel; if you still think that the problem is people not liking stuff, you can keep fooling yourselves forever.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is only one true WORLD champion in sports: The San Antonio Spurs. They defeated every team in the US and Canada, and therefore are champions of the WORLD. Period.

Cute. This is like Heath Slater pretending to be the WWE Champion.

Cagey

Banned
Reigns is the goddamn truth. when Seth and Dean and the NXT rejects bomb, i might allow you in the Roman Reigns Warwagon to main event.

Brother Lambda sees the forecast, and it calls for several months of Reigns. Get your umbrellas out.
Brock vs Bryan is intriguing. I want to see great matches, and I just don't think HHH/Reigns is going to be anything special. HHH is the kind of good worker that tends to be as good as his opponent. Like Cena. Good worker, but only as good as their opponent. And let's be honest, the more hardcore fans are loving Ambrose, Rollins, and Bryan. Those are the fans who WWE will need to appeal to when it comes to resubscription, and it's going to be hilarious if they don't realize that.

My sub is based at this point on that, and whatever WCW TV they add over the next few months.

Those hardcore fans you speak of are one group of smark fans prone to group think of whatever is deemed cool and new on the internet among like minded folk. Liking certain things is the secret handshake. Bleh.

The middle ground between 9 year olds and that group is what the product needs to hear itself to.

Those hardcore fans you speak of are one group of smark fans prone to group think of whatever is deemed cool and new on the internet among like minded folk. Liking certain things is the secret handshake. Bleh.

The middle ground between 9 year olds and that group is what the product needs to hear itself to.

image.php

Gorillaz

Stro pls...

watching them play in the finals was something else, they were so in sync with each it was ridiculous

strobogo

Banned
Cute. This is like Heath Slater pretending to be the WWE Champion.

I can see why the NBA doesn't have teams all over Europe, because doing 82 game seasons with teams having to travel back and forth over oceans sounds like a logistical nightmare. But the NBA could at least get a team in Mexico or something. There are 30 teams. 29 are in the US. 1 is in Canada. Yet the winners are called world champions. Come on, son. WWE champions are more world champions than an actual sport.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm also going to assume Jred was banned for posting fat Corey Feldman, not for Nigella. Otherwise, I may have a problem with management.
I can see why the NBA doesn't have teams all over Europe, because doing 82 game seasons with teams having to travel back and forth over oceans sounds like a logistical nightmare. But the NBA could at least get a team in Mexico or something. There are 30 teams. 29 are in the US. 1 is in Canada. Yet the winners are called world champions. Come on, son. WWE champions are more world champions than an actual sport.

It's really popular globally though.

strobogo

Banned
I'm also going to assume Jred was banned for posting fat Corey Feldman, not for Nigella. Otherwise, I may have a problem with management.

It's really popular globally though.

I feel like maybe the champions of the Euro league should face the NBA champions every year or something.

Sblargh

Banned

Hardcore fans of whatever are the early adopters, tho. They are the beggining of word of mouth. The thing is, your mainstream top guy can't piss off your core base; I don't know of any busisness who ignored their fanbase in order to shoot for the mainstream and did it successfully (and I think every videogame company tried it at some point).

If there is one guy who is the internet darling (say, Rollins) and one guy who has mainstream potential (Reigns); the trick is keeping both in the spotlight and strong; the same goes for people who draw the children. The problem with Cena isn't WWE always keeping him strong, but this feeling that it sacrifices everything else in order to trying to get him over with the one type of fan that sees through that.

Everyone who actively draws for any reason, be it a fad or a niche, should be protected, at least while the fad last and you care about the niche. And if the E can't have a feud between two top guys without wrecking one of them in the process, then they are failling at a very basic level.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best 'holy shit moments are the ones that can't happen anymore because message board posters and ECW have dilluted it. No, the true moment of shock are the pure silence moments. Zbysko hitting Bruno with a chair, Funk piledriving Flair through the table, , Andersons turning in Dutty, Brock pinning Undertaker, hell I'd even put Rollins turn up there.

and yes, every time Alberto Del Rio enters the ring.

The best 'holy shit moments are the ones that can't happen anymore because message board posters and ECW have dilluted it. No, the true moment of shock are the pure silence moments. Zbysko hitting Bruno with a chair, Funk piledriving Flair through the table, , Andersons turning in Dutty, Brock pinning Undertaker, hell I'd even put Rollins turn up there.

i go for the ones that make me say holy shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still upholding Omerta, even if Strobogo has left the church.

Paul Heyman's client Brock Lesnar conquering the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania Thirty will likely be the biggest holy shit moment I'll ever experience live.

Trying to book my first Global Force Wrestling event, can't decide if I should just go all out and book a Trios World Cup theme, or stick to something basic.

Trying to book my first Global Force Wrestling event, can't decide if I should just go all out and book a Trios World Cup theme, or stick to something basic.

If it is your first event, I say go big. Hell, even bring it some one shots for the hell of it. Have them lose to someone on your main roster of course.

If the Streak hadn't been broken I would say Bryan pinning Cena clean was the most shocking moment for me. I completely lost my shit.

This is true. The best stuff is rooted in emotion rather than the violence itself. Even if that emotion is indifference, like for Del Rio.

Top Bottom