• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodmon

Neo Member
So I'm watching OGN Masters on my day off. Well half watching half eating. Minor item build spoiler, but I would like to ask a question.

Someone bought a Runaan's.

Someone bought a Runaan's on Kayle.

Legitimate question. Does that even work? I assume it must because this is Korea, but my brain still cannot handle it.

idlewild_

Legitimate question. Does that even work? I assume it must because this is Korea, but my brain still cannot handle it.

They've been doing that in Korea for a while.
Runaan's procs on-hit effects on all enemies you hit, so Kayle's passive stacks up on everything in 2-3s and Nashor's procs hit everyone too.
Here's a video talking about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-T2tCuypc&feature=gp-n-y

edit: spoiler i guess

Tizoc

Runaan's
is a legit item in 1 in 100 scenarios.

I wanted to yell at this Varus I was playing with this one game because he had Runaan's and only had like 200 ATK power. I wish I did cuz it would've helped in us winning the game =_=.

Seriously just because your long range attack inflicts a status element doesn't mean it's super effective and a game changer.

I wanted to yell at this Varus I was playing with this one game because he had Runaan's and only had like 200 ATK power. I wish I did cuz it would've helped in us winning the game =_=.

Seriously just because your long range attack inflicts a status element doesn't mean it's super effective and a game changer.

OTOH, I scored a quadra with Varus by pimping out his passive with it in no time at all. Obviously it came after BT/IE/LW.

Tizoc

OTOH, I scored a quadra with Varus by pimping out his passive with it in no time at all. Obviously it came after BT/IE/LW.

See that's what I mean you got near 300 attack power by the time you got your attack speed up.

Actually that reminds, which is best made first? Infinity Edge or Last Whisper?

garath

See that's what I mean you got near 300 attack power by the time you got your attack speed up.

If you're talking Varus specifically, he works best with a burst build if you can land the skillshots.

Blood Thirster->Last Whisper. That makes those arrows do a ton of damage.

Snowman

yo, anyone still wanna be in a lol fantasy league thingy cause i'm not in one yet, so we could make another one or something if there's enough interest

DeadNames

Banned
Is there some like... Hidden code that says not lane must feed if the top laner is doing well? I swear to god, I do well in lane + I roam, but I can't carry these bot lanes....

BoAckMeIAAAqjOI.jpg:large

zkylon

zkylewd
spent all of last night playing random modes like catch the teemo and a hide and seek thing where i played leblanc and people could only use cc spells to stop me from killing them and then we played a mode in which we picked the champions for the enemy team (assholes picked me skarner and garen)

it was pretty ok, i'm not a big fan of anything that isn't sr but it's a good alternative to our random pick 3v3s for when there's a couple extra people

BT first. If you do a lot of damage with casting (Graves, Varus), you can go right into LW. Otherwise, I get a Zeal in between and sometimes finish PD/SS first. IE should be a fifth or last item in most cases.

Leezard

Finally back to D2, a first for this season.
This game was really long for a 23-4 game. We would have finished earlier if we had proper engage, janna+ nidalee was way too good at protecting towers. They got a baron mid game as well, which delayed our already bad siege.

Mothman91

Finally back to D2, a first for this season.

This game was really long for a 23-4 game. We would have finished earlier if we had proper engage, janna+ nidalee was way too good at protecting towers. They got a baron mid game as well, which delayed our already bad siege.
Holy fuck, 46 minutes for that kind of game? Lol.

Also congrats

brian!

how many consistent +viewers do u guys think fantasy is going to contribute to lcs
like at least 200 right

i was thinking i might watch some alliance games this split but iunno we'll see how it goes

Tizoc

Is LoL down or something? Been trying to log in for 5 minutes but it seems the server is down in EU East/Nordic or something >_>;

BT first. If you do a lot of damage with casting (Graves, Varus), you can go right into LW. Otherwise, I get a Zeal in between and sometimes finish PD/SS first. IE should be a fifth or last item in most cases.

Aha, see I ask because I main Twitch and I'd rather he have high attack power or do enough damage to finish enemies off quickly, so I usually make BorK>Boots and Last Whisper>Inf. Edge. My final item(s) are an armor and one extra weapon but it depends on match-up.

EDIT: AIGHT, VI AND VAYNE THIS WEEK! COME ON RITO, FIX THIS ISH UP PLS!

Tizoc

OK guys, link me to any active LoL Streams running at the moment so I can stay sane for a few minutes before I get back to playing on Steam.

EDIT: OK an a long range ADC, which is better to have assuming their attack speed increases well as they level up:
BoRK or Bloodthirster? Is BoRK's passive health shredding situational or is it overall good in any match up?

brian!

OK guys, link me to any active LoL Streams running at the moment so I can stay sane for a few minutes before I get back to playing on Steam.

EDIT: OK an a long range ADC, which is better to have assuming their attack speed increases well as they level up:
BoRK or Bloodthirster? Is BoRK's passive health shredding situational or is it overall good in any match up?

it's situational, always get it because the active makes sense in the situation, not because the item gives damage.
like if you are against tanks you need ie to kill them not botrk

sometimes used in the crzy lifesteal build where you get both bt and botrk when they don't have large burst. you'll do less because no crit

Tizoc

it's situational, always get it because the active makes sense in the situation, not because the item gives damage.
like if you are against tanks you need ie to kill them not botrk

sometimes used in the crzy lifesteal build where you get both bt and botrk when they don't have large burst. you'll do less because no crit

Aha so if my opposition has a Tank, go for BoRK, but otherwise Bloodthirster can waste squishies with ease?

Botrk is for when your damage is mostly from auto attacks. The passive will do a lot of damage in pretty much every situation, regardless of if you're hitting a tank or not.

That said, most adcs will want BT for the extra lifesteal and burst. Normally you'll see Botrk on Vayne, Twitch, Kog and Ezreal as core builds. Other adcs can also build it, but most of the time you're better off with BT.

Nekofrog

Banned
rushing a runaans after nashors delays your damage a little in lane, but the clear keeps delighting me i dunno why

the runaans is for team fights since it procs her passive debuff. Depending on how the lane is going I could see delaying it until third item in long lasting Lane phases but Holy shit the wave clear is so good with it early on

Tizoc

EDIT: YES LOL IS BACK!
Time to wreck fools as Twitch or Blitz~

Botrk is for when your damage is mostly from auto attacks. The passive will do a lot of damage in pretty much every situation, regardless of if you're hitting a tank or not.

That said, most adcs will want BT for the extra lifesteal and burst. Normally you'll see Botrk on Vayne, Twitch, Kog and Ezreal as core builds. Other adcs can also build it, but most of the time you're better off with BT.

Aight thanks for clearing it up.

Watching the stream linked to recently I see that the Twitch player went for the 20% atk speed boots, lately I've been going for defensive boots to sustain a little during my laning phase.

Leezard

EDIT: YES LOL IS BACK!
Time to wreck fools as Twitch or Blitz~

Aight thanks for clearing it up.

Watching the stream linked to recently I see that the Twitch player went for the 20% atk speed boots, lately I've been going for defensive boots to sustain a little during my laning phase.

on adcs, you typically always want berserker greaves (20% atk speed boots) to maximize your damage output. There are very few exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom