• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
dezed,when are you free to play?

Dez

Matrix said:
dezed,when are you free to play?

I can play tonight after 10 eastern, or tomorrow morning between 11am and 2, or tomorrow night.. sunday i should be free all day.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can play tonight.I'm not free at all Saturday,Sunday I should be free too.

I'm down for 1 or 2 games after 10 pm eastern tonight.

Either send me a pm here when you want to play after 10 or I just send me a message on the PS3 cause I'll be on then.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Whoever has the Phillies needs to post in this thread. I am very busy this weekend and will have a narrow window of opportunity for playing games.

Matrix

Mig has the Phillies and he almost never posts here.

You would have better luck contacting him on aim or on the PS3 itself,he or his roommate has it on 24/7.Mig was playing show last night.

Matrix

My net goes down in the first inning against dez and I guess I got another lovely loss the fucked up way :lol

Dez

Matrix said:
My net goes down in the first inning against dez and I guess I got another lovely loss the fucked up way :lol

hahah, oh well that 89 mph heater your guy was serving up wasn't gonna cut it, i promise , esp against AJ Burnett :lol

EDIT: fucking hell, why do they update the rosters so often. I'm so screwed, without Vernon Wells in the lineup for 6 weeks.

Matrix

I was also having some shitty ass lag on my side though,I couldn't spot a pitch and you were hitting everything and then bammm I lose net connection.

Matrix

Dez,I'm in the lobby again,nets working,not sure what happened before,but rebooting stuff fixed it.

Matrix

GG Dez,I can never hit AJ in these games.So hard to touch a 99 mph fastball and 70 something curve.

Lets play two on Sunday,I need some sleep.

Dez

Matrix said:
GG Dez,I can never hit AJ in these games.So hard to touch a 99 mph fastball and 70 something curve.

Lets play two on Sunday,I need some sleep.

alright, lates.. GG!

Mrbob

Shawn, are you free tommorrow night?

I'll be gone tonight and Monday Night, but will be free tommorrow in the evening. Tuesday evening I'm free as well.

Big-E

I haven't been home and can't check my PS3 till late tonight. If you are my opponent for this series I will be available tomorow at around 9:30 EST though this could change and then anytime in the week after 8:30 EST.

Matrix

Dez,what time is good for you to play today?

Dez

Matrix said:
Dez,what time is good for you to play today?

I'm gonna watch the bluejay game from 1-4.. so i'm free from 4-6. Turns out i'm going out at 6:30, won't be home till late. Actually maybe we can get one game in now? i don't mind missing the first bit of the game.

Matrix

Dez,still around?

I can play one game now and I guess we will play the last game tonight/or both late tonight.

Matrix

GG,but I really cant stand the lag im getting.I don't think you are getting on your side,but I'm not sure.You having any issues with it?

Some of your hits I didn't even see come off the bat :\ The ball would just appear in the outfield.

*sigh*

Oh well,Ill be free tonight to finish the series.

Dez

Matrix said:
GG,but I really cant stand the lag im getting.I don't think you are getting on your side,but I'm not sure.You having any issues with it?

Some of your hits I didn't even see come off the bat :\ The ball would just appear in the outfield.

*sigh*

Oh well,Ill be free tonight to finish the series.

yeah there is a little lag, sometimes i just see the pitch fouled off or whatever without seeing it off the bat.. not the smoothest of games, but most of the time it wasn't bad.. but with 95mph heat, i can see how you'd be screwed.. Then again you did get like 11 hits, just none of them went out for HRs or hit gaps like mine did. I'll be back in a few hours. You'll be facing my one <90 mph starter so you should be ok.

Matrix

Dez,I'm around and ready to play whenever.

Matrix

Any idea when the league advances?

Dez

Matrix said:
Any idea when the league advances?

League advanced on Thursday night so we should have till Tuesday night to finish. I'll be home today around 9:30 est so we can get the game in then, or tomorrow night after work at 6 est.

Mrbob

I'm going to advance the league Wed morning.

League techincally advances Tuesday night, but I'll hold off another 12 hours. Am I not merciful? :D

PS - Shawn please respond to me in this thread or on AIM someday plzkthx.

Ramirez

Guess you better get that coin ready on my series. :lol Seriously, checking the thread should be a requirement to be in the league, it's not hard.

Matrix

Dez,I cant play tonight unless it's past 11 pm eastern.Tomorrow I should be free around 6:30 pm eastern.

Dez

Matrix said:
Dez,I cant play tonight unless it's past 11 pm eastern.Tomorrow I should be free around 6:30 pm eastern.

11 eastern should be fine for me. i'm kinda buzzed now so it's good it'll be late. just post here when you're ready.

Matrix

Ok cool,I will.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
Guess you better get that coin ready on my series. :lol Seriously, checking the thread should be a requirement to be in the league, it's not hard.

Yeah I agree.

I think I will amend one of my rules. If a person doesn't post in this thread at all the whole 5 days and doesn't respond to any challenges the opponent is getting all 3 wins.

Matrix

Dez,you ready?

Matrix

Matrix

GG's Dez,except I don't enjoy playing against you cause of the lag.

It has nothing to do with you,I just cant pitch with it/field that well and when I have slow ass pitchers its easy to sit on any fastball/curve ball that hangs and hit a hr out.I cant even spot my pitches well,I end up throwing beautiful pitches right over the heart of the plate.

I cant even recall the last time I gave up 11 runs,even with shitty pitchers.I just get this shitty lag on my side,im sure its my connection or something,it's just really annoying.

Greg Zaun 5 for 5....Former Stro rapes me,I feel like shit now :lol

Dez

Matrix said:
GG's Dez,except I don't enjoy playing against you cause of the lag.

It has nothing to do with you,I just cant pitch with it/field that well and when I have slow ass pitchers its easy to sit on any fastball/curve ball that hangs and hit a hr out.

I cant even recall the last time I gave up 11 runs,even with shitty pitchers.I just get this shitty lag on my side,im sure its my connection or something,it's just really annoying.

yeah ggs..there's lag on both ends though, but i know the feeling..whatever, blame scea. Though i find it hard to believe that you can hold good hitters at bay with that Houston staff aside from Roy-O.

Matrix

My past stats don't lie though,I have held plenty great batters down with my shit pitchers this season... till I played the Jays with lag.I was 20-3 till I played against you using my shit pitchers.

I'm not saying you didn't have lag either.It's just maybe its worse on my side cause of my connection which hasn't been great *which is why I didn't blame scea* or just harder for me cause I am pitching with guys that top out at like 85 on fastballs :(

When I pitch with these bums I spot my pitches much better without the lag and when I cant spot I end up throwing a ton of balls and pitches that seem to be right down the middle or in your hot spot.

All in all I played like shit anyway and you played better.

DenogginizerOS

Mrbob said:
Yeah I agree.

I think I will amend one of my rules. If a person doesn't post in this thread at all the whole 5 days and doesn't respond to any challenges the opponent is getting all 3 wins.
Left a message for Scar on Monday. I believe he is out of town on vacation. Hopefully, I will hear back from him today.

Big-E

Haven't been able to contact Core and it looks like I have about a 90% chance that I will have to do OT tonight.

EDIT: I do have OT tonight and will get home at 10PST at the earliest so there is no way I can get any games in.

scar

Sorry Ramirez...been away...let me know when you want to play if it's not too late. I'll be on from 815 to about 915 tonight...if you can fit it in...if not tomorrow...otherwise...if it's too late...just sim my game and take the win. Work has been crazy. I am sorry.

Miguel

There is a definite problem on my end somewhere. Pretty much the last like, 7 games I've played, have all had lag somehwere, with no other computers downloading, or even powered on a few occasions.

Good games denog, I think all 3 games ended up with me being 1 swing away from tying/winning the game. and I choked :(

What did you have, like 12 HRs?

DenogginizerOS

Miguel said:
There is a definite problem on my end somewhere. Pretty much the last like, 7 games I've played, have all had lag somehwere, with no other computers downloading, or even powered on a few occasions.

Good games denog, I think all 3 games ended up with me being 1 swing away from tying/winning the game. and I choked :(

What did you have, like 12 HRs?

I know I went back-to-back-to-back in the second game. I did hit an obscene amount of dingers in our series. Very much unlike me.

The lag on my end was mild. It did throw off some pitches and a few swings, but by far not the worst lag I have experienced.

Top Bottom