• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

braves01

Banned

Quake1028

KLLygp3.jpg

meppi

On a mission to complete my last gen collection before some of these become impossible to find new. Already getting quite hard on some of them...

iblaMMRELNMrvM.jpeg

iFmsTF7RCcm7i.jpeg

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Mario 3D World Soundtrack is amazing. I hope that's the Platinum reward for North America this year

Shadow780

Huge couple of months spending way too much money.

Versus (always will be versus!) wall scroll, I really like the print quality of this one sorry the photo doesn't do justice:

iB2chhjl.jpg

Lightning Ultimate Box, end of an era! (hopefully):

5lu1ch8l.jpg

FFX/X-2 HD Resolution Box + Vita Twin Pack (I don't know why I bought the Vita version twice) + Bonus towel, Versus file folder, FFVII Vinyl:

FeJEnUOl.jpg

Hori VLX Diamond modded with Korean stick and silent buttons. I like that they switched to metal where my palms would rest when playing:

YBPjzGPl.jpg

Curry God LE, DW8+XL PS4, D2, Sweet Fuse at Your Side, Gundam Vol. IV, Eyes of Bayonetta, FF 25th Anniversary Digital Collection:

sqGkpK3l.jpg

New HP Leap Motion Quad Edition Laptop, had a $500 off coupon during the Holidays sale. It's up-gradable by user so I replace the stock drive with a 512GB Toshiba Q Series SSD for boot and it's becoming a pretty awesome gaming laptop for around $1200.

RPi88Mql.jpg

3tJ5PRfl.jpg

Got a couple of earbuds since I lost my old ones. The B&W C5 sounds really really awesome but it just wasn't the right fit for my ear, while RBH EP2 doesn't quite has the punch that C5 has but it fits really comfortably in my ear. The Plantronics does the job fine but the battery life still sucks, good thing they have a pouch that also acts like a charger now.

MyEZoASl.jpg

And a new car! 2014 Nissan Rogue, had to wait until the new year to get that color.

2lzCT2Bl.jpg

LAA

Finally getting round to posting my things for Jan 2014, and I've got something big to start!

Decided to get a new laptop a few weeks ago, as I needed something more powerful for Uni work (And games of course ;D). Its got an i7-4700MQ, Nvidia GTX 780M, 8GB RAM and whats new to me on this anyway compared to my old laptop, a 1080p screen and a backlit keyboard, both very nice! Very happy with performance so far, but what I'm even more impressed with (The most impressed with actually), is how it handles heat. My old laptop would literally be a frying pan on the left side of the laptop, with this there is only heat felt by the vents (of course) and on the touch button bar, and that heat is NOTHING compared the heat felt on the old laptop. Not only that, but if heat ever does become an issue, theres a button to turn fans on full blast, which.. is literally the loudest thing I've ever heard in terms of a fan, ha ha. Thankfully no need to get anywhere near that speed yet, I only really use it to cool my laptop down after some intensive things.

Also just because I thought it'd be cool, as this is a custom laptop, the lid was plain, so I got the idea.... to do this.

Just ordered some self adhesive letters off ebay. I believe they were for a car, but work fine on this too :).

I also got this just yesterday actually.

Been wanting a new controller for my PC as currently I use the Wii U Pro controller, which is fine, but lately some games have the 4 button HUD on screen, and I press the wrong button because the Wii U ABXY is different to the 360/X1 ABXY. That and I have to use this wireless reciever to connect to the Wii U gamepad which is a little of a pain.
So really can't wait for drivers for this on PC really. After feeling the controller, really impressed. The bumpers seem fine to me, they can be pushed closer to the middle with not much trouble for me. The DPad... THAT DPad. I wasnt expecting it to be like a Vita DPad, very good indeed. Love the texture on the analogue sticks too. I can't wait to try the rumble triggers. Compared to the DS4, I think they're about even really...
Really great controllers for a new gen.

Last but not least...

Got the green charge cradle last week. Honestly I'm a little disappointed. Doesnt feel as sturdy as the original 3DS charge cradle. If the retail black 3DS XL charge cradle is the same as this and is being sold for £20, I'd feel really ripped off at this price. It works at least, so happy for that. Was just hoping for better quality.

Apart from that... I have also pre-ordered Titanfall for PC as I got it for a decent price, so hopefully it will be awesome.

mug

Classy! Whats the resolution like?
Not bad - that watchface is actually animated. The screen is perfectly readable at most angles unlike the other smart watches I've come across. It's still an e-ink screen though so if you've used a Kindle you'll know what to expect.

CYiE09j.jpg

Pretty good deal on a used but like new package, came with the dock and a 32GB memory card. I bought LBP new, and a bunch of PSN stuff in the recent sale. Amazing system.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I (we) picked up one of these on Sunday evening.

igBXMpQ.jpg

I was at the 2005 NFC Championship as well, and this one trumped it in every way. The Niners are a hell of a team and I'm sure we'll battle for years to come, but damn does this one feel good.

WoiSqfv.gif

Ultryx

Blue 3DS XL, carrying case, Pokemon Y, SM3DL, MH3U, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, LoZ: ALBW, Turtle Beach X12s, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, and 250GB Azure Blue PS3 (included The Last of Us also).

42PPwcL.jpg

Starting to work on the PS3 collection: KZ 2+3, DMC 4, LBP 1+2, GoW 1-3 + Origins Collection, Infamous 1+2, Resistance 1-3, Uncharted 1-3.

hWlV77s.jpg

Between this new PS3, my 3DS XL, and my backlog on Steam, I have enough games to play until the day I die haha.

Silentium

5yI2N1k.jpg

iPad Mini Retina

Planning on using it for uni documents/reading (law student, so lots of these), tv/films/comics and getting into the iOS gaming scene :)

New sleeve for my MBP, was $7 from Crumpler:
01c91a57908cf12f3524d4298b857a8d_zpsa076914c.jpg

A packable Herschel bag that was on sale for $15 (which I think is what these bags should be priced):
61e15226096dbad7d7a9efac7985a0c6_zpsb68ea235.jpg

...and some socks:
9b64bdd0693346bc45a849ff65507413_zps7871fc53.jpg

mrpookles

I (we) picked up one of these on Sunday evening.

igBXMpQ.jpg

I was at the 2005 NFC Championship as well, and this one trumped it in every way. The Niners are a hell of a team and I'm sure we'll battle for years to come, but damn does this one feel good.

WoiSqfv.gif

Congrats, mate. I put some money on the 'Hawks at the start of the year to win the SB. Looking like a pretty good bet.

Also, please beat the Broncos...

Decided to try my hand at garage sale hunting since I'm back home from college for the holidays (Not very many garage sales in SF compared to my hometown I've learned lol).

(Sorry in advance for the long post as well as picture quality and lighting as always :p terrible iPhone camera combined with my own lack of proper illumination lol)

-------------------------------------------------------------
The following are all cobbled together from my month of various garage hunting finds.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Garagesalesjan2014games_zps7c1cd9cd.jpg

GarageSaleffviijan2014_zpsa52efecf.jpg

GarageSaleffxijan2014_zps1f451e1b.jpg

GarageSalehauljan32014_zpsa5749baa.jpg

Excited to have found so many Castlevania games out in the wild (Trying to collect every entry)! Never owned an n64 (always played at friends house) so I was glad to have scooped up that, and I have way too many ps1's now but it was bundled lol. The other stuff was just a plus. Most of this haul was from one family who neither cared nor had any clue about games so they sold the n64,ps1, final fantasies, basically above for 25$....I wasn't not gonna take that offer :).

Also dat random Drakengard find lol the family must have had children with great tastes in RPGs!

TOTAL HAUL:
  • PS3- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition
    (Just realized They had two copies for two different systems...?)
  • PS2- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, Drakengard
  • PSP- Final Fantasy, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
  • PS1- Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XI, PS1 Console
  • 360- Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Dark Souls
  • WII- Castlevania: Judgement, Monster Hunter Tri
  • NES- NES System, Wrestlemania, Mario/Duck Hunt,
  • N64- N64 Console, Turok (not pictured), Some sports game crap

---------------------------------------------------------------

GarageSaleHaulJan192014_zpsd7c28f2b.jpg

After two successful Saturdays of garage sale hunting I dropped by the local Swap-meet. Spent more than at garage sales
(Damn resellers everywhere!)
but got quite a decent retro haul and finally a replacement NES (not pictured cause I was setting up off camera :p). Most of it was blind buys based on cover art. Otogi, Gunvalkyrie, and Jade Empire (I had heard about Bioware's Asian effort however) but unfortunately I don't have an original Xbox and apparently 360 fails to emulate anything but Jade :( Gunvalkyrie looks sweet too!
PM me if anyone has and wants to get rid of an Xbox lol might be interested in a trade or something with a fellow GAFfer :)

TOTAL HAUL:
  • XBOX- Gunvalkyrie, Otogi, BloodWake, Robotech Invasion, Jade Empire,
  • PS2- Samurai Champloo,
  • SNES- F-Zero, Jurassic Park
  • GENESIS- Sonic, Sonic 2, MOrtal Kombat 2, Jurassic Park
  • NES- NES System, Wrestlemania, Mario/Duck Hunt,
  • MISCELLANEOUS- Various controllers

Sidenote: Samurai Champloo for the PS2 by the way blew my nonexistent expectations out of the water and, surprisingly, is in fact a Grasshopper Manufacture title directed by none other than Suda 51 himself. So, yes, his signature zany pedigree and stylish if not erratic gameplay is a hallmark of what I played thus far. Not an underrated masterpiece by any means but a surprising hidden gem, maybe a diamond in the rough by the end.

MegaManZero1and2_zps858e459e.jpg

And finally got my hands on complete copies of Megaman Zero 1 & 2 via online scouting. Managed to get these for 20$, not too shabby I'd like to think :p.

----------------------------------------------------------------

download

Already owned FF7 proper, but this month I completed the 7 saga by getting the above. I've owned Dirge of Cerberus back in the day but got rid of it, being on an ff7 nostalgia high I had to re-buy it for a modern playthrough. Lets see if it truly deserves its negative backlash.

All in all my holiday sabbatical yielded quite a haul of retro and unexpected finds for about 70$ total. I'm amazed by how cheap/random some of these garage sales were! I really encourage anyone who has interest in game collecting/retro titles in particular to try thier luck. It's all about the hunt, the pursuit even if 99.9% you find nothing, its worth it when you finally find that score ( I mean the first haul was literally my last stop/garage sale off a beaten country road). With some friends I found it an incredibly fun experience!

Now back to SF...

<3 Uniqlo, I just bought a bunch of these socks myself. $9.99 for 3 pairs ;)

I love uniqlo, my favourite clothing brand. Have many 12-15 pairs of UQ socks

Yep, there are actually 2 pairs of the grey but I guess I didn't fan if out properly towards the end.

I have probably at least 15 pairs right now but the low-cut are my favorite, especially for the spring & summer as it's the closest I'll get to going sockless without doing so.

January already a crazy month for pickups. Only going to get worse going into February... oh well! Goods in over the last couple of weeks:

Dark Souls: Design Works
ibqxmLx5bOADAL.jpg

MIKU-Pack 05, old edition of Weekly Famitsu (P4G cover)
iAwS5U2fadq6Z.jpg

Yaegashi Nan Illustrations "Molle" (Senran Kagura artist), Senran Kagura art book
iil0hxIDRVvWy.jpg

Persona P3 X P4 World Analyze book
iZjaILvNevbTv.jpg

Macross 30: The Voice That Connects The Galaxy (PS3)
izOkMJVa76hY3.jpg

Project DIVA F Accessory Set (PS3)
i6YjDNkYo41h1.jpg

AKG K-701 Headphones
ih3SMcFyYjLjl.jpg

iQocrzL1wLywT.jpg

(Mio Approved)

You can't get K702 or Q701 - Mio doesn't own those.

My pair don't get the amount of love they should do because my speakers sound so damn good. Awesome pick-ups as always.

2X is a game we didn't get in Europe and considering how popular 2 was amongst my circle of friends I have to eventually play it. Is the frame rate all that noticeable?

Top Bottom