• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Grats on the house! I've been trying to save money myself for one.

Thanks! Just keep focused on your goal. Prioritize your funds as best as possible. Make little things a habit, and before you know it, it becomes a lot easier. Once you get close to that downpayment, you will go into fund cutting overdrive to get there, haha.

It looks like the investor must have renovated the main floor because it looks very nice. I'm an open-concept guy, so the first thing I think about is knocking out those walls, let in that light from those beautiful windows in the living room!

Those living room windows are the best. I'm a big fan of natural lighting, so when I saw those, my heart was taken almost immediately.

BOTEC

Real Robots Final Attack. Talk about Extreme Gundams versing each other.
lol

whIa92I.jpg

Picked up KOF2002UM because why not.

Rizzi

I think they still take AA batteries. I was thinking about getting one, but they're $200 shipped here. Little bit expensive for a GBA, heh.

house.jpg

Bought myself a modest starter house. My goal was to be a home owner by the end of 25. I close on this house two weeks after I turn 26. I barely missed the goal, haha. I love it though! Decent sized for a single man with my ladyfriend moving in a year from now. Finished basement and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to get. Very, very happy.

Congrats!!!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the terrible image quality. My phone sucks.

This is all the gaming stuff I've bought since mid-December. Kind of went on a handheld buying spree.

The Final Fantasy V boxart is also slightly cut off.

JLynn

Here are three of my most favorite for 2013

Zelda 3DS XL. I fell in love with the design but I thought I would never get one due to my poor financial situation in late 2013. Once that was cleared up it was around the same time Walmart that that $200 sale. I got a bit emotional when it delivered.

JWQv1vml.jpg

Otakon 2013 pass for the Yoko Kanno concert. Otakon 2013 was the tenth anniversary of me attending conventions of any kind. It was a well needed weekend of meeting friends, ducking from the rain, and waiting in line. Waited a good four hours for this pass that Friday, and Waited and additional five hours on Sunday, the day of the concert. The result? Me and my friends got fifth row center seats, with myself the aisle seat less than twenty feet away from Ms. Kanno and her beautiful piano. She performed beautifully, and was legitimately excited to see and hear the crowd (Her facial expressions were priceless to see in person and not from the big screens. I was near tears when she performed the opening notes to The Real Folk Blues. I was giddy as a preteen at a 1 Direction concert throughout that event. They allowed us to keep the passes as keepsakes, which I am very thankful.

V1Ulzgil.jpg

SH Figuarts Piccolo (Special Color Edition) I was late to the SHF game. Late to find out that the DBZ Kai Piccolo was going for over $100 in mid 2013. I saw on Bluefin Tamashii Nations' facebook page that for the San Diego Comic-Con they would sell a special reissue of this coveted figure. I was excited to see it, then bummed when I lived with the shock knowing I wouldn't get it at SDCC. I was prepared to pay up to $90 for it on ebay. That changed when I was at the dealers room at Otakon, and saw two retailers selling it for varying prices, slightly below my limit.

I had a hunch that there was one more booth that would be selling it cheaper. I turned a corner and saw the BTN booth. I jetted towards it, and was ecstatic to see mini piles of Piccolo, for the same price he was going for at Comic-Con! I snatched it up! And the cool part is he's still available for the same price on their website!

d4FWdvxl.jpg

So far here are my pick ups for January.

I got this today at the neighborhood pawnshop

76uKIVKl.jpg

Complete

dDM6bSel.jpg

And for this price. Oh, I live in Delaware. No sales tax!

ydOWXaGl.jpg

However, this is the most important purchase of mine this month, and perhaps the entire year.

wg8CKnRl.jpg

"I'm gonna make a change, for once in my life."

ngower

The last pic is supposed to be a joke since all I've been doing so far is updating it!

Anyhoo, I bought the Skylanders Swap Force WiiU. I plan on selling all the Skylanders stuff, which should bring my total cost of the system to about $200, hopefully a bit less.

This is my first gaming console in about 3-4 years. Pretty excited to be back into the swing of things.

MilkLizard

Do those modded GBAs still take AA batteries or do they have a rechargeable battery pack, I can't seem to find any mention of it on their site.

They still take AA batteries, but taking them in and out to recharge them isn't that bad. ;)

RE: GBA - The screen is like $40 or so, looks like a simple install. Gonna do that myself.

It looks totally doable, just make sure you buy the right kit (32 or 40 pins).

Pikma

Banned
Sorry for the terrible image quality. My phone sucks.

This is all the gaming stuff I've bought since mid-December. Kind of went on a handheld buying spree.

The Final Fantasy V boxart is also slightly cut off.
This may sound weird but the ones I most envy you for all those is the Harry Potter games, I had them and they were all incredibly fun!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This may sound weird but the ones I most envy you for all those is the Harry Potter games, I had them and they were all incredibly fun!

This thread made me buy both of them right before New Year's Eve. I really need to get around to playing them soon.

Here's a little Easter Egg for ya - in Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone, in Diagon Alley buy (I think) 30 pairs of boots. Then when crossing the moat to the castle, pause and unpause the game, and you'll be able to press the button to shoot owls at the bugs flying over the water, turning it into a kind of mini shooter game. Fun trivia, I put that Easter egg in *the day we shipped*, which is a rather large no-no :)

This post pushed me over the edge into buying them. That's just way too radical!

Rich!

These turned up on ebay yesterday for £6 each, and I snapped them up immediately - these things are like fucking gold dust here. And they turned up today!

I also got Street Fighter 2 lol fuck you Nintendo Edition for the MD, which was in my local cash generator for a grand total of 99p

just look at that glorious image (minus the lampshade, of course)

Yasawas

A load of handheld games! The Kirby didn't include the stylus sadly and the Game & Watch Collection was from Club Nintendo, the EU store pictures the Japanese version on the site so I was a little disappointed when I opened the envelope and there was one of those shitty PAL cases in it.

Big telly games too.

A book about the best game I only bought to give From more money and a Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL pounch I love.

My last pair of Air Max started leaking over December so I bought these and I love them. Green shoes are best shoes.

Gamble

And for this price. Oh, I live in Delaware. No sales tax!

ydOWXaGl.jpg

However, this is the most important purchase of mine this month, and perhaps the entire year.

wg8CKnRl.jpg

"I'm gonna make a change, for once in my life."

DDDDDDDUUUUUUUUDDDDDDEEEEEE SO DO I!!!!!!! NO SALES TAX IS THE BEST!!!!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Whoa, it's been a long time since I looked into Schiit stuff. Good to see that they have more affordable stuff now. I wanted the Asgard or Vahalla a while back, but couldn't bite the bullet. Nice pickup!

Thanks man, great sounding amps. They are sensitive set of tubes, microphonic wise, but once you get that sorted out... very clean.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

First off, this isn't totally confirmed yet and I only found out today - but it's as good as, considering my Dad's credentials and experience. But if all goes as planned...this may be the greatest pick-up of all time:

Yep.

Basically, my dad's in the latter stages of getting a job at this country park as the groundskeeper. One of the perks is a live-in residence (two bedroom apartment) with no rent payable at the manor house. My dad already has a home. So.......

oh my god

he had better get this fucking job. I'd be baller as fuck, living in a mansion

Fresh Prince!

tav7623

I was tempted to post a pic of what I've picked up so far this month, but decided it would be better to just list them off instead as some of them are digital.

Video Games:
Bart Simpson: Escape from Camp Deadly (GB)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS1)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3/Digital)
Bit Trip Runner 2 (PS3/Digital)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Wii U)

Books:
Ready Player One (Digital)
Doctor Sleep (Digital)
The Fall (Digital)

Movies:
Evil Dead (Remake) Blu-Ray

Just moved into a new place, and had to grab a new TV. Vizio M401I-A3. Pretty Nice TV, although I am no expert, but it seems good so far as a bedroom TV.

Also, grabbed some PS2 games from Gamestop 75% blowout plus a few others.

Bought myself a modest starter house. My goal was to be a home owner by the end of 25. I close on this house two weeks after I turn 26. I barely missed the goal, haha. I love it though! Decent sized for a single man with my ladyfriend moving in a year from now. Finished basement and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to get. Very, very happy.

Congrats on the new place!

Top Bottom