• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Galdius

I just got back from the US and got some games and a console:

Another 3DS:
98vps7Nl.jpg

Some PS1 games:
7ZvE0pdl.jpg

Some PS4 games:
CGCnfiCl.jpg

A PS3 and Xbox game:
ojs1b8Dl.jpg

The titles that I was missing for a US Vita fullset:
8i7myY3l.jpg
G4o5p8Rl.jpg

Rizzi

My greatest pick up of 2013, which I bought for the grand total of £5.

29" 4:3 Sony Trinitron CRT:

I also got a Mega Drive with a 50/60hz mod for £20, boxed with all original instructions and two pads:

and an amazing RGB modded N64 via gaffer Baphomet 666 in exchange for my GBASP 101 and EZ Flash IV. Not going to post the image of the console itself, as you all know what the N64 looks like, but here's how crisp the image is now:

Retro gaming heaven, I tell ya

I am insanely jealous.
Edit: Okay, seriously are we all picking up Vagrant Story now? I really like this trend. :p

cj_iwakura

Can't recall when I last updated, so this from the holidays too:

3IAGgBt.jpg

.25 at a pawn shop! Yes, a quarter.

ivAHhBH.jpg

Loved the first book, can't wait.

a0bu1Wb.jpg

A gift.

fiMl7Ty.jpg

From Amazon's sale, and

bkTMCNM.jpg

gifted. Got a Vita for it.

Some PC pickups:

nKeSRz8.jpg

First Tales since Abyss:
yRY7U0L.jpg

MrMooMoo

Can it not play CPSII games?

No, the CPSII is a separate game system (see those green coloured things in the left of the first photo).

Whereas CPSII used a motherboard and individual game boards that slotted together, CPSIII uses a motherboard with changeable SIMS, a disc drive and a security cartridge that contained specific game data.

Typically you had a base CPSIII motherboard and drive, then got the cartridge and CD for each game (there were only 6 games for CPSIII - 3 SF III ones and 2 Jojo's and one other).

Of course Capcom also had the retarded suicide battery set up for the CPSIII and it was far worse than the CPSII which is relatively easy to change.

The CPSII now has a 'fix' whereby some chips are reprogrammed so that you do not need a battery.

Most recently Darksoft developed a superbios for CPSIII which meant that you no longer needed a battery in the security cart.

In addition they have now got all 6 games running from 1 CD.

I had been putting off getting a CPSIII set up for ages because of the issues, but now that this is fixed, I decided to go for it.

I'll be setting this up in my cab sometime soon for the full set up (need to sort out a kick harness). In the meantime it's rocking my supergun.

entremet

No, the CPSII is a separate game system (see those green coloured things in the left of the first photo).

Whereas CPSII used a motherboard and individual game boards that slotted together, CPSIII uses a motherboard with changeable SIMS, a disc drive and a security cartridge that contained specific game data.

Typically you had a base CPSIII motherboard and drive, then got the cartridge and CD for each game (there were only 6 games for CPSIII - 3 SF III ones and 2 Jojo's and one other).

Of course Capcom also had the retarded suicide battery set up for the CPSIII and it was far worse than the CPSII which is relatively easy to change.

The CPSII now has a 'fix' whereby some chips are reprogrammed so that you do not need a battery.

Most recently Darksoft developed a superbios for CPSIII which meant that you no longer needed a battery in the security cart.

In addition they have now got all 6 games running from 1 CD.

I had been putting off getting a CPSIII set up for ages because of the issues, but now that this is fixed, I decided to go for it.

I'll be setting this up in my cab sometime soon for the full set up (need to sort out a kick harness). In the meantime it's rocking my supergun.

Warzard/Red Earth was the other game.

Never ported, which is a shame.

11883394156_963a5d0fba_b.jpg

Got a good eBay deal earlier in the week. Just showed up today!

You can never have too many Virtua Stick High Grades! :D

I love that stick. I still use min on a regular basis. I wish I would have gotten 2 of them. Definitely one of my favorite stick. In my top 3 for sure. Which is

VSHG
Old School Namco Soul Blade stick (grey and yellow)
And my all black namco stick that was for Tekken Hybrid with the red namco on the side made by you.

I love that stick. I still use min on a regular basis. I wish I would have gotten 2 of them. Definitely one of my favorite stick. In my top 3 for sure. Which is

VSHG
And my all black namco stick that was for Tekken Hybrid with the red namco on the side made by you.

I bought a really beat up VSHG, replaced the overlay with faux carbon fibre (yeah, kinda ricey but it feels nice on the wrist), installed green parts to suit the Astro City 1p side and installed a PS360+. Easily my favourite arcade stick in terms of how it feels to play on. So sturdy and heavy and with my config the button layout isn't dumb.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

VSHG

Good picks. The Namco arcade stick is still my fave :)

Gameboy415

1401-Books1_zps17b7fe44.jpg

-I've been on a Gargoyles kick lately so I had to check out the Graphic Novel - it was great! The second volume was pretty good as well, but it's a shame the series is on hiatus for the foreseeable future. :(
I loved the Hsu & Chan comics in EGM back in the day and had a few issues of the comic so I couldn't pass up the Graphic Novel.
I got the MGS: Rising guide from GoHastings 50% off Used Products New Years Sale - it was marked 'used' but showed up brand new and sealed! :D

1401-Movies2_zpsed2851ae.jpg

-I got all of these movies for between $1.80 & ~$3 each from GoHastings 50% off Used Products Sale.
Everything arrived in great condition (Freddy vs Jason was new & sealed!) except for The Eye - it looks like a dog chewed on the case and someone stomped on it!
It'd cost me more than I paid for the movie to ship it back but the discs are (somehow) fine so I'll just swap out the case I guess.

1401-Games3_zps5e27b6b1.jpg

-I got Hyperdimension Neptunia & Lumines from GoHasting's 50% off sale and grabbed the other somewhat-hard-to-find games from Best Buy in a B2G1 deal last week.
I was pretty miffed that TMNT didn't come with the insert (or a manual, for that matter), but I was able to find a replacement insert on eBay for a few bucks so it'll still end up being much cheaper than buying a pre-owned copy from Gamestop (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Smokey

heh, just wait until you see this:

SNES looks fantastic on it

I also got a Mega Everdrive (label and cart designed by myself) and an Everdrive 64 when I was earning quite a bit in my old job:

Was worried I'd have to sell them, but my new job has solved all my money issues, thankfully.

I see pics of N64 controllers from time to time and wonder how I ever played with that thing.

VSHG
I recently sold mine. I loved it but the PCB was bad and I didn't want to put in more money for a replacement. The PCBs are bad on a lot of virtua sticks.

Finally got around to buying some games I've been wanting for a while.

3384310c.jpg

3384310d.jpg

3384437b.jpg

Also got my textbooks for what should be my last semester at school.
3384437a.jpg

thenexus6

My start to the year..

5KFzieq.jpg

Have a Nexus 4 - Love it but felt like I wanted a bigger screen and removable battery. Got the Note 2 pretty cheap so will try it for a while then just flip if I don't like..

Top Bottom