• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Kerned

Banned
This arrived today!
npDMari.jpg

I technically got last month, but didn't get it put together until the other day, and what fun is posting a LEGO box?

Picked up Throne of Blood on blu-ray. Mifune was genious in this film, but that probably goes without saying. As much as I love this film, I really hope Criterion takes a break from releasing Kurosawa's Samurai films, and focuses on some others like Ikiru, Stray Dog, and Drunken Angel.

Taker34

Banned
Mo' money, mo' Mass Effect! That's how I roll.

20140115_1550397buql.jpg

Tali LE char key, Mass Effect (JP), ME3 PS3 promo, ME3 CE guide, ME trilogy PC (EN) *sealed*
babyweddellseal_samue77u4f.jpg

Lombaszko

jyGAZ24mSK9Bp.jpg

Finally got Xenoblade! If anyone is in Eastern Massachusetts and looking, Gamestop in Stoneham has about 6 more "new" opened copies complete with unused Club Nintendo codes.

Seik

Banned
Dat PCE Duo...dayum. Lords of Thunder, that's taste you got there! :D

Well, I'm done with the cheap sound from my TV. As a first pick-up of the year I wanted to upgrade it a bit.

JseffuR.jpg

Installing it right now, can't wait to hear the results. :)

*Ahem* Erm...Take 2.

The Sony HT-CT60 had problems when plugged via digital in. Some little sounds like the 'clicks' from moving icons to icons in the PS3's XMB weren't there, to discover after that the 'clicks' from moving in the inventory of REmake via the Wii U didn't work either. I had a lot of sounds peak in weird places to have these. Some would say it's a 'little' problem, but I see this as something missing thus not working correctly.

After changing to output from the TV to the PS3, for a 'Sony to Sony' connection, after trying to buy another digital cable in case the stock one was the problem and even after changing THE WHOLE SOUND BAR SYSTEM, the problem persisted. The analog inputs worked fine, but my TV only have a digital out for sound systems so it would have been a clusterfuck each time I'd want to switch consoles, and that happens frequently

8Cd1MMY.jpg

So I switched for a HW-F355 from Samsung, cost me something like 30 bucks more but I have better sounds, more options and the thing actually works like it's supposed to.

My conclusion with this story is that Sony will provide me a PS4 and maybe another PS3 in a near future, and it'll end there. Sad thing because I thought Sony was a synonym of quality with sound systems, but I guess I was wrong.

wilflare

Around $60-$80 if I'm not wrong if you buy directly from Gamestop. But they're only avaible for US, and if I'm not remembering correctly, you're in Singapore right?

in Singapore yeap haha but have a buddy in Wisconsin that maybe able to help. thought it'll be on sale or something like before

Lemstar

in Singapore yeap haha but have a buddy in Wisconsin that maybe able to help. thought it'll be on sale or something like before
If he does it, tell him to use the birthday coupon - 20% off a preowned game; stacks with 10% from PowerUp Pro. Those two would make it $43 before tax.

Shengar

Welp, must be nice to have buddy there. Have him buy it for you so you don't have to slate out $100 from your wallet.
Just like me ;__;

RagnarokX

jM3sFXf3ngA8m.png

This month I picked up some Link and Zelda figurines to go along with my Ganon figure I got last year. Gold 3DS, green charging cradle, and Hyrule Historia are from last year as well.

jb0yPsWP5dJhl5.png

Perfect.

The set came with other figures from Spirit Tracks:
jP6nRtKzpOrir.png

Dig the Spirit Train and Phantom.

LostAnkh

Still need to do some PSN shopping but so far, I just got some clothes...

Jersey:
e356809b7045ee040c0b7672a70b083f_zpsc39339f5.jpg

82b33cf5fc7712cec9ef0c12400599a4_zps4bd5bf02.jpg

Shirt from my friend:
374b003d5e4d42f42039114294211970_zps87e2c832.jpg

Another shirt (was on sale) and some sweatpants:
8d8e3a684c4e53a171c0d95f5d3dba77_zps9104ae0b.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I need a job, all I can get are yugioh cards that haven't arrived yet that will let me relive my childhood memories.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Wii U)

iBOMO1xWPD1GE.jpg

Thanks to a combination of price glitch purchases on the Nintendo UK online store the other day, and being rewarded Nintendo Network Points for the full value of each game purchased (and thus a £5 voucher code for the eShop), it only cost me 49 pence :)

Man seeing a fair few project turntables!
I mean they are super nice turntables so makes sense, would be annoying having to adjust the speed by taking off the plater though.
Vinyl seems to really be picking up again atleast based of online communites anyway.

Man seeing a fair few project turntables!
I mean they are super nice turntables so makes sense, would be annoying having to adjust the speed by taking off the plater though.
Vinyl seems to really be picking up again atleast based of online communites anyway.

Speed boxes resolve taking the platter off to change speed issue. I recall seeing some headline that vinyl sales have surged the last few years.

house.jpg

Bought myself a modest starter house. My goal was to be a home owner by the end of 25. I close on this house two weeks after I turn 26. I barely missed the goal, haha. I love it though! Decent sized for a single man with my ladyfriend moving in a year from now. Finished basement and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to get. Very, very happy.

house.jpg

Bought myself a modest starter house. My goal was to be a home owner by the end of 25. I close on this house two weeks after I turn 26. I barely missed the goal, haha. I love it though! Decent sized for a single man with my ladyfriend moving in a year from now. Finished basement and it didn't cost an arm and a leg to get. Very, very happy.

Digging it! Nice pad!

Gamble

house.jpg

That's pretty sweet congrats! Any chance we can get a look at the inside?

Grief.exe

Got myself a modded GBA from Rose Colored Gaming. I love it.

The screen is fantastic.

That looks gorgeous, I would love to do that one day.

Totally.

www.zillow.com/homedetails/6411-Center-Ct-Saint-Louis-MO-63116/3024389_zpid/

note: I'm renovating that basement. Haha.

Edit: the price listed isn't what I bought it for. An investor renovated it and ran out of money with about 10% to go. I'm finishing up the last 10%.

That is pretty awesome man, I'm impressed!

It looks like the investor must have renovated the main floor because it looks very nice. I'm an open-concept guy, so the first thing I think about is knocking out those walls, let in that light from those beautiful windows in the living room!

Top Bottom