• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasooie

Sevket-Erhat said:
Some Turkish Books and Magazines
2v2xjww.jpg
Isn't that Assassin's Creed concept art?

25a6vrm.jpg

Firstly, the current-gen stuff:

DSC00026.jpg

Bought Split/Second a couple of weeks ago but the disc got stuck in my YLOD PS3 so rebuying for my new slim :p Only £20 in GAME.

Fancied a PSP RPG (not that I don't have a few in my backlog and am waiting on Persona 3 Portable and DQ IX arriving) and have been meaning to buy Popolocrois for ages. £5 preowned and the manual looks new :)

DSC00027.jpg

New Taiko DS with gold drumsticks this time! :O :D

Now some retro stuff. Been buying up a few PS1 games recently and this is the first batch:

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

I played and/or owned a few of these back in the day but can't find them so this was a good excuse to rebuy them for my collection. GT2 is mainly to get into the GT groove before 5 :)
God I love PS1 collecting ^_^

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man looking at Lego still gets me giddy.

When I get rich I'm buying all the sets completely, specially the pirate and ninja set

nny said:

Whoah, I love that city building, is it an official kit or custom?

I've always fancied trying Monkey Island too.

Here's some of my latest stuffs;

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

Cotton, Cho-Aniki, Spriggan, W Ring, SCI, Override, Burning Angels.

The PC Engine is still awesome!!

hipgnosis

Here's my new purchases. Lot of shmup-love this month. Samurai Aces is Sengoku Ace, Psikyos first STG. And I gotta say the Retro Vol.3 from the creaters of GamesTM is just ridicilously awesome. So much stuff to read there.

9Gfs0.jpg

Quite a few back catalog of pick ups...

Finally got this bad girl...
004-225x300.jpg

It was fun to put together now I only wish I had the painting skills to really make her pop
szwwnr.jpg

Fully articulated. Get on the official release of these Nintendo
2vbshw2.jpg

Finally got Mumm-Ra to go along with Lion-O. I'm not sure who to get next though Panthro is calling....
34ziwjk.jpg

I love the Lego brick buying feature....
30t3qfa.jpg

.....into these. I saw this on Brothers Brick or something and seemed the easiest to look at and reproduce
1y8i86.jpg

and a cool chair I spiced up. I got the chair for $5 and spent about $70 (mostly the cushion) getting it cleaned up
6oztrd.jpg

vykqh4.jpg

FHIZ

2nhl0rt.jpg

Comic pick ups of the week

1. Batman and Robin 13: One of the greatest single comic books I've read, hands down
2. Red Robin 14: Great series that hasn't skipped a beat with the writer change
3. Red Hood Lost Days 2: I don't care what anyone says, I loved the fact they brought Jason Todd back
4. Brightest Day 5: Something happen already, please? Enough set up
5. Batman Odessey 1: Fucking. Garbage. I'm seriously about to go throw it out.

nilbog21

Banned
F-Pina said:
Humm "Os Arquivos do Lagaffe"? Is that the comic that comes out with the newspaper "Publico" here in Portugal? If so how is the quality of it?

The comic artist is Belgium. If a Portuguese newspaper takes comics from it means its old comics since he's dead (RIP). And Yes its good quality but i read them it in French, so idk if it changes something.

nny

hipgnosis said:
Here's my new purchases. Lot of shmup-love this month. Samurai Aces is Sengoku Ace, Psikyos first STG. And I gotta say the Retro Vol.3 from the creaters of GamesTM is just ridicilously awesome. So much stuff to read there.

That "book-magazine" really is great, so much good content.

F-Pina said:
Humm "Os Arquivos do Lagaffe"? Is that the comic that comes out with the newspaper "Publico" here in Portugal? If so how is the quality of it?

Yes, that is exactly the book that came out with Público; I like its silly humor, I used to read this many years ago, so there's some nostalgia in my assessment, but if you want to give it a try the first book is cheaper than the next ones. Also, the books are hardcover, which was a nice surprise.

green_focus said:
Where & how much for Metriod Prime Dimension Diver:

I found mine here: http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=index

for 75 dollars. They recently took it off the main page but in an email I got it said they would still be offering it, but couldn't sell it from the main page.

Way better than what ebay is charging for this thing. :D

that's where i got mine too. it's a "pirated" version as they use the original parts to make a mold and recast it. they probably took it down as they could get in trouble for it.

AkIRA_22

clip said:
That is a sexy mouse, which model?

Lachesis. It's very comfortable, I like the matte, soft finish. Also the scroll wheel has a good step in it but it isn't over pronounced. There are plenty of buttons and they are on both sides so it is ambidextrous. The software allows you do store presets for different apps, which is great for gaming and then production. Has the prerequisite DPI switching (though it's really quite useless).

If it were slightly smaller it would be perfect.

LiK

green_focus said:
Where & how much for Metriod Prime Dimension Diver:

I found mine here: http://tatsuhobby.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=index

for 75 dollars. They recently took it off the main page but in an email I got it said they would still be offering it, but couldn't sell it from the main page.

Way better than what ebay is charging for this thing. :D

moop2000 said:
that's where i got mine too. it's a "pirated" version as they use the original parts to make a mold and recast it. they probably took it down as they could get in trouble for it.

great thanks. i really wanted a poseable Samus for a while. i seen the legit version available on eBay for outrageous prices.

edIt: hrm, can't find it in their site. guess i'll email them...

RC

Banned
Finally joined the current generation:

img0455em.jpg

img0453nk.jpg

I got most of the games brand new for $10 each. (Except for LBP, Uncharted and AC II, which were $20 each)

mehdi_san

Warning, long post incoming. These are my pickups for the last couple months.
First, I got myself an iPad :) Accessories for iPad are way too expensive, so I bought a sort of photo holder for 100yen ($1) and use it as a stand :lol
1jvqtl.jpg

There was a sale this weekend where you could buy a WiMAX router for 1 yen (!!!) when subscribing for the service. There's no long term engagement, so I can stop whenever I want, and I only pay for the days I use. It's the perfect deal. This little thing allow me to share my WiMAX connection with 10 other devices, and the speed is really impressive (at least compared to the 3G I usually have on my iPhone). This thing is really awesome!!! I can't wait for my next trip out of town so I can use it :lol
5n80si.jpg

I took a speed test on my iPhone to compare. This is with 3G:
2vm7khs.jpg

And this is with WiMAX (this is in my room, where I don't get that much of a good signal. It's even better if I go out downtown)
vdzpsj.jpg

Games: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (one of the best games I've played in a long time), Batman AA and Red Steel 2 (very very cheap from sales in the UK :D )
651mb7.jpg

There's now way I will ever get the Fortune Hunter edition, so I made my own little Collector's edition for Uncharted 2 with the soundtrack and the official artbook (both are really so beautiful
30as86r.jpg

A few recommendations from GAF: Bone (the complete series), The Life and Time of Scrooge Mc Duck (vol.1, the 3 others are coming soon), and Nintendo Magic.
4hsdnp.jpg

Some blurays: Toy Story 1 and 2 (so hyped for TS3, but I can't find any theater that is showing it in English in my town T_T ), Life from the BBC, and Pirates of the Caribbean (the 3 movies)
2wh03kl.jpg

New music: Asian Kung-fu Generation (their new album and single, and also their last live on bluray), Chickenfoot (live on bluray), Dr Horrible (on bluray too, I must have watched a dozen times now), and Voices (live Final Fantasy music, on DVD).
2w1xh7t.jpg

Thank you amazon.co.jp for selling me all the junk food that I need but can't find in Japan :D
2946hlc.jpg

A new rice cooker to replace the old one that stopped working :( This one is a Sanyo.
311ut0i.jpg

This last one is for Markman. I think I found your next arcade stick :lol
rstwxv.jpg

F-Pina

nny said:
That "book-magazine" really is great, so much good content.

Yes, that is exactly the book that came out with Público; I like its silly humor, I used to read this many years ago, so there's some nostalgia in my assessment, but if you want to give it a try the first book is cheaper than the next ones. Also, the books are hardcover, which was a nice surprise.

Cool, I was asking because it is so cheap and wanted to know if the print quality was good. Thanks, will look for it here in Porto :)

suikodan

This is from June. Picked up both PSN and UMD versions of MGS

89b859a2.jpg

And this is from this month so far.

976bac94.jpg

I think that I'm crazy for buying big RPGs...

eXistor

2cgfqsh.jpg

Also Monkey Island 2 SE on Xbox360.

Mini Ninja's has got to be one of the most overlooked games of the last few years. It's full of charm, stunning locales and just all-round fantastic. It's dirt-cheap nowadays so give it a go. It's got kind of a Zelda-vibe to it if that'll help push some people over the edge.

Lagspike_exe said:
Those look awesome. I had a pair of SHOX last year, but I was severely disappointed with them, so I got Air Pegasus '89 this year.
I don't think I could ever buy a non shox shoe anymore. I've been hooked on shox since my first pair over ten years ago.

So the pick ups are all of the wood and parts that I bought to upgrade my arcade machine. It is an old 1984 Williams cabinet that was gutted for Marvel vs. Street Fighter. I bought the cabinet for $150 a few months back (March Pick Up Post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20272282&postcount=878).

So I added:
  • 21" Sony Trinitron Monitor (VGA)
  • 1078-in-1 Jamma Board
  • Shelf for components and frame for monitor
  • Happs buttons and sticks
  • Stereo computer speakers

Nothing like having all the SFs, Mortal Kombats, and other classics in one place.

1030012.jpg

1030013.jpg

1030014p.jpg

1030016.jpg

1030017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom