• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Best pickup ever, a wife! The love of my life, I've known her since middle school. Couldn't be happier.
Fh4Bel.jpg

PZ5vcl.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks! Indeed it is. Now too see how long before the inevitable baby pickup post. I think we have two years at the very least.

I am sure it will turn out great. My one bit of advice, it is what you make it. Enjoy the day, don't get caught up on petty things. A few things will inevitably go wrong but focus on all of the good things happening that day. Also, don't forget to eat!

Thanks!

Congrats, that's great advice too. I can only dream of being in a position similar to yours one day. I hope you continue to wake up each day feeling as happy as you do in those photos man. Fingers crossed one day some time in the far off future I get to experience something like this too.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Some pick up's for me and the kids this week Dancing for the girls and Lego pirates for the boys & iTunes cards where two $20 cards for $30 why not.

More minifigs and the cool brick box to keep them in only trouble is I need another four bricks to keep them in lol

More Lego this this time for me and they little man to play with both DLC codes and the bonus Comic & minifig of Lex.

Finally decided on a Apple TV for Netflix & Air Play Netflix is OK on it hopefully it will be updated so it is as good as the iPad app and PS3 soon.

Yes Boss!

All stuff ordered months ago. Checking it all out.

A funky Mushi puzzle game. No idea if it is good or not (the art is pretty wonk), but I really wanted it. Love Mushi stuff...comes with a ton of flyers and extra stuff, even two big oversized bubble-top balls for the cabinet (!)

DSC00480.jpg

Finally got a supergun. Wanted one for ages. Got two sticks for it. All new except one of the sticks which is in fantastic shape. All the hoopk-ups, including RGB.

DSC00464.jpg

Various arcade parts, cables. And the Saturn to PS2 adapter.

DSC00468.jpg

A Coregrafx. Awesome shape.

DSC00471.jpg

And a hodgpodge of shooters on Hu.

DSC00472.jpg

Two PC engine sticks. The first is AWESOME. The second, not so much. But I used to have the american version back in the day, so wanted the white PCE version.

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

Auskeek

Picked these up today from JB HIFI for some tempting prices ($36 for Meruru, $39 for SC V)

yuqYI.jpg

I wish they had the little artbook for Meruru though :(

jbueno

Finally got a supergun. Wanted one for ages. Got two sticks for it. All new except one of the sticks which is in fantastic shape. All the hoopk-ups, including RGB.

DSC00464.jpg

You preemptively win this thread good sir, awesome pickups all around. The Sigma Supergun is the most impressive pickup in there IMO, I hope we see more PCBs from you in the future. Are you planning on getting a Seibu SPI system? Any of the Raiden Fighters title would look awesome on that Sony PVM of yours.

Yes Boss!

Got more, a lot more. Still sorting it all.

Got the only Cave SE I was missing. Espgaluda II. It was only $40 used in Japan. Finally snagged it for the collection. Another DS SE NA as well...it was only $10.

DSC00479.jpg

Some more Cave 360 fun! Can't wait to play Mushi.

DSC00474.jpg

UD HD 360 (weird, it has Dreamcast branding on the DVD included !)

DSC00475.jpg

Some Psykio shooters I picked up in Japan. Gonna get some more Saturn titles in a few weeks when I swing by again. Bomberman with multitap because it was so cool. SSS for the Cave collection.

DSC00473.jpg

Cleaned up on some titles I've wanted for a good while, particularly Darius Burst PSP.

DSC00476.jpg

A new J-360 slim to replace my aging original version. That one will go on the shelf as a backup.

DSC00432.jpg

Club Nintendo stuff from the last year.

DSC00469.jpg

Whew, still have about twenty new sticks as well.

Yes Boss!

You preemptively win this thread good sir, awesome pickups all around. The Sigma Supergun is the most impressive pickup in there IMO, I hope we see more PCBs from you in the future. Are you planning on getting a Seibu SPI system? Any of the Raiden Fighters title would look awesome on that Sony PVM of yours.

Yeah, this is only my third PCB. Though I've got a few Atomiswave titles and board. I'd love those Raiden Fighters but the port is so good on the 360. I really want to get and IGS and Demon Front or an MVS and Nam 75/Andro Dunos.

Yes Boss!

And some more stick for my collection. Some from a bunch of different manufacturers.

First Qanba stick. A Seimitsu version.

DSC00499.jpg

Second Qanba stick, Sanwa, this one.

DSC00497.jpg

A Seimitsu eightarc stick.

DSC00496.jpg

A wooden Neo Geo stick from Analogue Interactive.

DSC00502.jpg

A Gundam Vs stick. So classy, with metallic print. My new favorite.

DSC00487.jpg

PS3 SC V stick.

DSC00490.jpg

And the 360 version.

DSC00489.jpg

360 version of UMvC.

DSC00488.jpg

Two VFFS stick, one from Japan, the other from the US.

DSC00491.jpg

A couple of Fighting Edge sticks.

DSC00501.jpg

A Street Fight X Tekken fightstick.

DSC00494.jpg

Mad Catz version of SC V stick.

DSC00493.jpg

A couple of VS sticks with the linking panel to make it a huge two-player piece.

DSC00495.jpg

jbueno

Yeah, this is only my third PCB. Though I've got a few Atomiswave titles and board. I'd love those Raiden Fighters but the port is so good on the 360. I really want to get and IGS and Demon Front or an MVS and Nam 75/Andro Dunos.

Awesome early Neo titles you have in your wishlist, a NeoGeo MVS is certainly the first arcade system I plan to get (besides the CPS2 MVC unit I was given) but I´m still undecided on a Cabinet or a Supergun setup. I dream of having a 4 Slot original Neo Candy with Windjammers, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Shock Troopers and Pulstar installed, but there´s plenty more great titles on the Neo library.

The Raiden Fighters Aces port is indeed as good as it gets, but as far as I know it just won´t accurately replicate the original 54 Hz refresh rate of the Seibu SPI system, so perhaps that´s something to consider.

Yes Boss!

Awesome early Neo titles you have in your wishlist, a NeoGeo MVS is certainly the first arcade system I plan to get (besides the CPS2 MVC unit I was given) but I´m still undecided on a Cabinet or a Supergun setup. I dream of having a 4 Slot original Neo Candy with Windjammers, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Shock Troopers and Pulstar installed, but there´s plenty more great titles on the Neo library.

The Raiden Fighters Aces port is indeed as good as it gets, but as far as I know it just won´t accurately replicate the original 54 Hz refresh rate of the Seibu SPI system, so perhaps that´s something to consider.

Probably will get an MVS and Nam 75 in the next few weeks. That, Andro Dunos, Magician Lord, and Blue's Journey are my fovorite Neo Geo titles ever. I'd kill for a 4-slot cabinet. There was an excellent early all metal one in Paris a few months back but the timing was not right, now it is sold :-(

But it is super-gun for now. wanna get some horizontal stuff. Really want Demon Front, for some reason. Watch a lot of youtubes of that and Dophin Blue. Every time a legit Dolphin Blue comes up it gets sold before I can grab it.

Want an R-Type Leo board as well!

Salsa

I feel more intimidated posting here than whoever the ugliest guy on GAF is feels by posting on the new pics thread

I mean jesus :/

Rich!

so yeah, someone traded in a literally brand new in box silver gamecube into my girlfriend's place of work. The member of staff couldn't find the console listing, so it got traded in as a game. The result?

Y9VkM.jpg

£1.99 with 20% staff discount on top. lol. It's literally brand new - the console and controller and cables were all still bagged up inside, and there was a memory card with it separately. Took out the controller, swapped the C stick over with the left stick on one of my old pads and put the tard controller back in the box (the one that now has two C-sticks).

I then went to CEX and traded it in for £8 cash. So basically, I got a brand new controller and a memory card and ended up with £6.40 profit. Got Rogue Leader too, was £1.99:

KXQhu.jpg

maverick40

Stubble ftw. I wanted to go even a little more stubble, but I figured I would compromise. I look like a kid when clean shaven. Luckily the wife supports the stubble and the Italian genes have blessed me with it from a young age. So many of my friends ended up with patchy clumps of facial hair even as adults, I feel bad for 'em.

Cheers for all the kind words GAF. Now that the wallet is no longer in wedding mode I should have a new gaming PC to post soon enough ;)

Ha my girlfriend loves the stubble too and i am also thankfull for my italian genes! Where abouts in italy? Sorry to derail awesome thread btw.

Looking forward to pics of your gaming pc! When i get some cash i too will start building one!

P7Tbe.jpg

What is new in the pic:
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard
Logitech M510 wireless mouse
Mouse pad, basic, black
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3 (Never played through the single player part of the trilogy)
Vanquish
Katamari Forever
Wet
Yukuza 4 (never payed any of them before)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (going to try to finish it this time)
Prototype 2

missfuuchan

Neo Member
My pickups for this week - Rhythm Paradise was definitely worth the wait - I love being able to change between the Japanese and English tracks :)

photo18v.jpg

I didn't realise that Theatrhythm has different covers in the US and Europe until looking earlier in the post!

BOTEC

And some more stick for my collection. Some from a bunch of different manufacturers.

A wooden Neo Geo stick from Analogue Interactive.

Nicely done Boss. *golf clap*

I tried Steep Slope Sliders for the first time last night myself. Not really feeling it. I tried a stick, maybe it'll work better with a pad. I couldn't do shit, but I was pretty drunk by that point. I'll have to give it a better shot tonight.

plc268

Took out the controller, swapped the C stick over with the left stick on one of my old pads and put the tard controller back in the box (the one that now has two C-sticks).

Am I weird for actually liking the c-stick? I'd rather switch the left analog with another c-stick. Heh.

Ha my girlfriend loves the stubble too and i am also thankfull for my italian genes! Where abouts in italy? Sorry to derail awesome thread btw.

Looking forward to pics of your gaming pc! When i get some cash i too will start building one!

Genazzano, like 45min east of Rome. Was actually just in Italy for 10 day for my honeymoon. Fantastic country with fantastic people. I am ashamed to say I don't speak Italian but I plan on learning some before the next time I visit.

so yeah, someone traded in a literally brand new in box silver gamecube into my girlfriend's place of work. The member of staff couldn't find the console listing, so it got traded in as a game. The result?

Y9VkM.jpg

£1.99 with 20% staff discount on top. lol. It's literally brand new - the console and controller and cables were all still bagged up inside, and there was a memory card with it separately. Took out the controller, swapped the C stick over with the left stick on one of my old pads and put the tard controller back in the box (the one that now has two C-sticks).

I then went to CEX and traded it in for £8 cash. So basically, I got a brand new controller and a memory card and ended up with £6.40 profit. Got Rogue Leader too, was £1.99:

KXQhu.jpg

I hope I'm reading this wrong, you didn't sell the console for £8 did you?

andylsun

Nice wedding pick-up in the last couple of pages!

VfLMPl.jpg

These are my gaming finds over the last week.

The World Ends with You - $15 and only slightly used. Seems a pretty good price. I'm still plowing through Xenoblade Chronicles, but have some long distance air travel later this year (USA to China round trip for business) so will save it up for then. Picked up a Power Play battery extender for the 3DS as well, which should help with the battery life. Having completely ignored the JRPG genre for the last 10 years, I'm starting to get back into it. Xenoblade has helped, lots.

MGS3, Slipheed and Dirge of Cerberus were an impule buy from the same place I got TWEWY, but $5 for all 3 was fine.

The Iron Man complete collection is a PDF collection of every single issue from 1963 to 2006. Not bad for 50cents.

Starcraft and the expansion were another 50cents.

Top Bottom