• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

eXistor

wujSTvb.jpg

Loxley

I typically dislike manga, but I made two exceptions recently.

faac.jpg

I've been on a Zelda kick lately and had no idea these manga adaptions of the games (from Ocarina of Time up to Phantom Hourglass) even existed, they're not too shabby. I do appreciate that while the creative team behind each volume is the same pair, they adapt the art style to match whichever game the particular volume is based on.

wf89.jpg

I'd been wanting to pick up Nausicaä for a very long time since I loved the film, the art is beautiful and well worth the $40. Definitely something that should be in every comic fan's collection regardless of opinion on manga as a whole.

8y64.jpg

David Colman is one of my favorite animation concept artists, this is his second little book released featuring many of his sketches.

John Blade

Can`t complain for $40 dollars.

Afro Samurai: The Complete Murder Sessions
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Gunslinger Girl
Samurai Champloo
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Last Exile
Kite & Mezzo Forte double feature

Congrats on the new place! Watching them build from nothing is quite the experience!

wow nice man, beautiful home

are you going to set up a room for your projector? i remember your setup from that other thread a while back

Whoops...Sorry I missed this. I do plan to finish the basement at our new house, and it will include a dedicated sound proof HT room. In our last place, I had to make the basement more practical. Here I get to do what I want.

My wife's on board, but I'm taking my time and plan it out since it's going to cost a pretty penny.

My first PS3 pickup (and first boxed game I've bought in a year or so). Don't actually have a PS3 to play it on (waiting for a price drop). Starting to build up a PS3 collection of the games I missed but wanted to play this gen. Its apparently a US import, so I hope the DLC code still works in NZ.

vitacola

My first PS3 pickup (and first boxed game I've bought in a year or so). Don't actually have a PS3 to play it on (waiting for a price drop). Starting to build up a PS3 collection of the games I missed but wanted to play this gen. Its apparently a US import, so I hope the DLC code still works in NZ.
You'll need an US account to redeem your DLC code.

Rich!

awww yeahhh

The competition pro is superb. Stick is great, and not worn out in any way at all - unlike the official ones, these motherfuckers last. Gotta clean it though, the pads a bit grubby. ew.

The Everdrive is just great. Really, really nice build quality - it even has an official label on the back! Can't wait to get it all started, and shove all my physical collection into a nice display cabinet.

I'm still absolutely stunned that it took just two days to get here to the UK from Spain. just...woah.

Excellent choice. The Air-King is a sublime and under-the-radar Rolex

Thanks! It really is a "quiet sophistication" and I appreciate it as such. I was in Hawaii and if they ship it, it's an out of state sale so I saved around $300 on it but overall I saved $505 in tax. That was the biggest selling point (as well as the memories of buying a rolex while on holiday)

I love it but I kind of wished I got the explorer I. I may send this in to Rolex, have them put a salmon face on it and gift it to the wife and get the explorer a bit down the road.

Ultima_5

My June Pickups

Chinatown BD & 12 Angry Men BD
To my shame, I've never seen 12 Angry Men. Looking forward to finally seeing it. I've seen and love Chinatown though and can't wait to watch the BD for it.

Also ordered The Odd Couple, but it's nowhere to be seen :(
http://abload.de/img/sam_0357rrs6j.jpg[/IM]

[B]Luther Series 01 & 02 DVD Boxset[/B]
Already watched it all before on the American Netflix. Ironically, it's not on the UK Netflix over here. Planning to watch it with some friends who haven't seen it before, to get them caught up for season 03.
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/sam_0358z0sim.jpg[/IG]

[B]Dark Souls PC & Remember Me PC[/B]
I've completed and loved Demon's Souls, but to my shame, haven't completed Dark Souls. The time has now come to do so. Haven't touched Remember Me yet also, but looking forward to giving it a go sometime.
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/sam_0363npsga.jpg[/IG]

[B]Samsung 840 Pro 512GB & SSD Bracket[/B]
Going to install this tonight. It's been a long time coming for me. Can't wait to feel the speed!

Was planning to go for 256GB, but the 256 on amazon went up in price and at the same time, the 512 went down. The temptation got the better of me.
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/sam_03661ksre.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

curious how the odd couple blu ray is. absolutely one of my favorite movies

haikira

curious how the odd couple blu ray is. absolutely one of my favorite movies

Still hasn't arrived for me, but here's a review on Bluray.com. It definitely seems like a good upgrade from DVD. On their review, the video quality is only half a point from 5/5.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Odd-Couple-Blu-ray/69006/#Review

It's not out on BD here in the UK, but I've ordered the US import on the UK Amazon. Not surprised it's taking longer than the rest of the stuff I ordered.

Tokubetsu

ibmLMbK81Wwy3B.jpg

Riddick and Pitch Black BR steelbooks. I own them on dvd, figured I'd upgrade to BR since I love them and the steelbooks looked cool.

B.K.

Got some stuff in the mail today.

Adygjxh.jpg

I've been wanting that Final Fantasy XI Memorial Album since it came out last year. I finally ordered it from an American seller on Amazon Marketplace because I didn't want to deal with international shipping. I got it today and saw that the Postal Service almost destroyed the slip cover.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well after laying low for 2 weekends in a row (though I did buy a few things during the weeks) I went out for my Saturday morning thrift store/bargain bin run:

First Goodwill of the morning and I find a LOT of games there. At the top of the playstation games stack was a black labeled FF7. I'm glad to finally add the original version to my collection. I have had the PC version for years, but I want to try this version. I previously got Spyro in that huge lot of stuff I got earlier this month, but it was disc only and pretty scratched. this version was way better.

Misprinted version ftw. :p

These were also at the same goodwill. Someone really dropped off a lot of stuff there recently. The Tony Hawk is still sealed. MK Gold seemed like a high price, but checking ebay and pricecharting, it's actually a fair deal. The MS Pac Man is actually wireless and looks cool.

Found this at a small thrift store. price is par for the course, but that cartridge looks so cool.

A couple boxed PC games at another thrift store.

Yep. That's a pong console in the box. It's in pretty good condition too.

VT_Brian

Neo Member

The Last of Us and Animal Crossing New Leaf, one of the weirdest gaming pairs possible. But in really this picture is just to test out my "new" RX-100, a demo unit from the Best Buy open box sale

7CP5qG3.png

5.2 acres, flat, and dry. Those last two parts are hard to come by in the Pac NW.

Just passed inspection and appraisal, waiting on final paperwork. First time buying a home.

Wife and horses get most of it, but I am getting the okay to build a 24'x24' shop for PC Projects, LANs, and general nerdiness. F yeah.

here is a pick up I have been working on for about 2.5 years, our first house. This is our 4 bed, 3 bath house. We spent the last month painting every inch of the interior, and replaced the carpet throughout, and installed a new appliances in the kitchen.

15hppd.jpg

8z4f9s.jpg

jggqdi.jpg

2mwdxj4.jpg

those are the only 2 rooms with the painted stripe, they are right next to each other. Still a lot to do, and unpack

Such an expensive month...

A new house...
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/IMG_0020_zpse7b4e102.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/Sony%20Pearl%20Setup/IMG_0432_zpsee101472.jpg

IMG_0441_zps8c94ce1a.jpg

IMG_0453_zpsdd04f7ef.jpg

IMG_0455_zps708259e4.jpg

IMG_0465_zps2f58f302.jpg

I forgot to mention that we also paid for appliances, and the wood cali shutters throughout the house. I'm just glad that I won't have to spend that crazy amount any time soon.

nbmgEMr.jpg

Picked up a new mortgage... And the Last of Us.

Crazy so many of us picked up houses this month, there should be a new homeowner thread lol. Best of luck to the rest of you.

The last pick-ups for this month:
rKvtmRx.jpg

Deadpool (UK Xbox360)
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (JP Xbox360)

yZAhAds.png

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (UK 3DS)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (UK 3DS)

Got Castlevania via the So Many Games! Promotion, that Nintendo Europe had this June.

Very nice, congrats. I recently picked up a new house myself (2 months ago now) and I noticed you put your TV above the fireplace. Been in that dilemma myself so I'm curious;

1. Is that a LCD or Plasma?
2. Is that a wood burning or gas fireplace?

Thank you! That's a 64" plasma, and it's a gas fireplace.

The mantle comes out far enough that the heat doesn't rise directly on the screen. I figure for the few times that I would have it on in the winter time, I should be good.

Crazy so many of us picked up houses this month, there should be a new homeowner thread lol. Best of luck to the rest of you.

HAHA Man, I didn't realize that there were so many new home pickups this month...

bigmac996

Been mostly a portable month for me since I'm away for work. Really can't wait to get back home to play Last of Us.

Picked up some japanese titles. Both Ouendan games for ds, as well as Sayonara Umihara Kawase for 3ds. IT"S AMAZING. This game deserves more attention. Also found Catherine and Project X Zone and decided to pick em up.

3myu.jpg

Top Bottom