• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Grinchy

Banned
Rygar 8 Bit said:
package came in today spent $36 on it all CIBS

Adams Family: Pugsleys scavenger hunt (snes), Primal Rage (snes), Vectorman (genesis), Space Harrier 2 (genesis), Cyborg Justice (genesis)
DAMN I am jealous. That was one of my favorite games as a kid.

USF

rPJ8n.jpg

I just had to.

My new bike, is not so new anymore after the final sprint pile-up in last Tuesday night's criterium.

photo-4-1-1.jpg

Pick-ups:
- Road rash (not the Sega variety)
- Broken pelvis
- Torn quadricep
- Broken finger (crucially I am still able to hold a controller, cos I know that's what everybody's thinking)
- Lots of Endocet

On the positive side, I'll be off work for a month so I can make serious in-roads into my backlog starting with Arkham City.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the Uncharted 3 review thread for keeping me entertained while I was in hospital!

Chorazin

sersteven said:
I've had mine for about a year now, its probably the best messenger bag I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

I feel that I'm outgrowing the whole "Bag of Holding" tag on the front, just because I use it as my laptop bag for work, when not going to class, and it almost seems unprofessional. Thank god its a informal office. But as for the bag itself? Couldn't wish for a more sturdy, protective and useful bag.

Also very comfy for napping on.

You could slice the tag of with a razor blade, I bet. I have no desire to appear professional at my job, being a government employee has it's perks! :)

vitacola

Para bailar La Bomba said:
My new bike, is not so new anymore after the final sprint pile-up in last Tuesday night's criterium.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l625/labomba333/photo-4-1-1.jpg

Pick-ups:
- many bad injuries
Woah, some "before - after" pictures of the bike? What exactly happened?
Get well soon!

On the positive side, I'll be off work for a month so I can make serious in-roads into my backlog starting with Arkham City.
Well, at least something positive :D

On topic:

Left 4 Dead 2 - had to ask an Austrian to gift it to me, because I didn't want to pick up the censored version. Germany <3 ...
Sequence - Well, thanks again Mr. Feep. Donation incoming soon ;)

tPL52.jpg

("screenshoted" the Steam client)

EDIT:
almost forgot ...
K-Swiss Newport - finally. After 1,5 years new sneaker :D
umEWP.jpg

mr_toa

I feel your pain - I went down during a roadbike race back in May, got schreded quite a bit also, although not to the degree you got hurt! Any prognosis on when you'll be back on the bike training?

i just bought the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection on PS3. i havent played either of these before.

I put Shadows in...sat through a boring 10 minute intro...played for 10 minutes. This game has to have the worst and most unresponsive controls in gaming and its absolutely terrible. the only redeeming feature is the music which was excellent.

I bought this game because of all the fuss here on neogaf and decent reviews...its probably the worst game ive played this year. back to Dark Souls i guess...

Mercutio

Phat Michael said:
i just bought the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection on PS3. i havent played either of these before.

I put Shadows in...sat through a boring 10 minute intro...played for 10 minutes. This game has to have the worst and most unresponsive controls in gaming and its absolutely terrible. the only redeeming feature is the music which was excellent.

I bought this game because of all the fuss here on neogaf and decent reviews...its probably the worst game ive played this year. back to Dark Souls i guess...

Huh. Actually, I think you're the first person I've encountered who feels this way. I've actually wished many times that more games controlled like SotC... it's always felt very fluid and natural to me, especially the climbing parts.

Did you do any climbing parts? You should give it another shot, I promise it's worthwhile.

Takao

Banned
Phat Michael said:

wat

Mercutio said:
Huh. Actually, I think you're the first person I've encountered who feels this way. I've actually wished many times that more games controlled like SotC... it's always felt very fluid and natural to me, especially the climbing parts.

Did you do any climbing parts? You should give it another shot, I promise it's worthwhile.

yeah i did but i really didnt like the controls. ill give it another go again but honestly i think its a case of nostalgia kicking in. Ive noticed that every "HD remake" ive bought has really been bad i.e. God of War Collection and now this...these games just dont age well when remade in HD.

Ill give it more of a shot and hopefully ill like it..but honestly it didnt do it for me..

Zoibie

Phat Michael said:

Honestly when I first started SotC, I felt the exact same way. Coming off of playing games like Uncharted, the climbing controls were more frustrating than fun, and after GoW3, the spectacle of huge, climbable creatures wasn't as impactful. I only started really enjoying it at around the fifth colossus - not a fantastic endorsement I know, but when it's good, it's great! You just need to give it a chance, there's a lot about the game that's unexplained and the OT really helped.

hyduK

Banned
6gv2.jpg

Steelseries 6gv2. Needed a new keyboard, figured I'd try out a mechanical one, and I really like the minimalistic design. So far it's pretty great, takes a bit of adjusting too but it's extremely responsive.

Gvaz

Banned
I have Cherry MX Browns in my DAS and these are hard enough, I couldn't imagine MX Blacks. Good for gaming but not really for typing.

hyduK

Banned
Gvaz said:
I have Cherry MX Browns in my DAS and these are hard enough, I couldn't imagine MX Blacks. Good for gaming but not really for typing.
Yeah, it's a bit tiresome at first. That being said you don't really need to bottom the key out for it to reg. The blacks are supposed to be quieter as well, but I can't really compare.

bPod

IMG_1043.jpg

Pick ups for the month
Limited Edition Batman AC guide
Play Arts Snake Battle Dress version
Batman Arkham City Collectors edition
Custom cover for AC
Resistence 3
Year One

Phat Michael said:

that was me too, i was mad at the lateness of the controls, but after finally figuring out how to kill the first colossus, my mind was blown, so good B^)

keep playing it though , it'll pick up

Dreweyes

Best Buy had a instant $25 gift card with the purchase of a 3DS, had to take that deal, already pretty affordable portable to begin with!

4Jmc6.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Grinchy said:
DAMN I am jealous. That was one of my favorite games as a kid.
I also have fond memories of that game, and having played it recently I would say that those memories are unfortunately best left in the past. Hasn't aged well, and though I still enjoyed it it was in that gray area where I'm pretty sure I only still enjoyed it due to nostalgia.

Couple of PS3 games. The next two months will bring a lot more purchases.

Atelier Meruru - used, 2980 yen
NBA 2K12 (English)- new, ~4800 yen (imported)

photowzi.jpg

overcast

Pick ups going back to late september. I know.
1d5Obl.jpg

Batman: AC, Gears 3, and Dark Souls are all from TRU B2G1 deal. Only played AC to death so far (GOTY), other 2 should be awesome as well.
Got the Uncharted pack early in the month with my PS3. Beat the first one. Not overly impressed, but it's definitely a fun game. Very Indian Jones (which I love), and Nathan is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to try the 2nd one (after Gears probably).

t5Zjkl.jpg

Other pick ups.
The Batman toy came with the game.
Got the J. Cole album when it came out. Got the other 2 albums at Rasputin in music when I visited San Fran for the first time. Oneirology and Cole World are two of my favorite Hip-hop albums of the year. I love Elephant, so I picked that up.
Got two Kidrobot's in San Fran at the store. I love Futurama (little let down in getting Nibbler, better than Mom though). Got the Street Fighter one for my older brother.

Lily

first time i done this, so apologies if its not very good lol

oct.jpg

Toy Story 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mirrors Edge
Sims 3
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light

oct2.jpg

iPad 2 :D

And some gubbins i bought from it...

photo1.png

photo2.png

photo.png

Going to buy the new magazine today :)

Gav47

Kind of a big month for me.

QTMfT.jpg

iPad 2 (sorry for the dark pic). I also picked up Whale Trail, Monster ate my Condo and Ninja Pong

ossDZ.jpg

Blue smart cover

RFRJe.jpg

Gears 3 CE + 3 months of Live

NgcKs.jpg

Various digital purchases.

hAXMP.jpg

Some damn fine yougurt

la_briola

I previously owned the Adidas Supernova Sequence 2 for about one year, but recently the shoe started to squeak while walking.
The store where I bought them from: SPORTARENA, refunded the *full* price, even one year later. So I got version 4. :D

WqLZxh.jpg

Np92dh.jpg

0RKiGh.jpg

NEO0MJ

Late October purchases.

NPU1.png

Only games left for this year now are Zelda, Rayman and Mario 3D land.And finally with Rocksmith. I can continue my dream of learning how to play the guitar. I wonder how long I will last this time...

NPU2.png

Just couldn't resist picking up one extra figure. Might as well pick up the one with the street shark.

Top Bottom