• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

SLV

Hurray, today finally got my cheapo battery grip :D

zGtbC.jpg

SLV

for what camera? Looks like my Phottix 450D (XSi) battery grip. Cheap-o, but works awesome. ;)

600D, it was like 35 Quid from ebay, + 2 acu's lol, yeah i was worried about the grip shutter button, but luckily it is ok !

Absinthe

Eventually, he'll be able to do more than eat, scream and fill diapers. Until then, good lu-...Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Thanks guys.

'grats dude, welcome to the club! ("best thing in my own life" club )

don't worry about the stress too high right now, from 2yrs old he'll be just cute as heaven, at 3yrs old you'll start playing toys with him and at 4 he'll be able to play vidya with you :p

Looking forward to this for sure.

Iacobellis

I actually posted my impressions on the iPhone 5 OT thread if you want to read more, but basically the buttons are a mixed bag. Volume up works great (probably feels better than pressing the naked button), volume down works fine but there's no "clicky" feel when you press it. The wake/sleep button is definitely harder to activate, to the point where I hold the phone with both hands when trying to press it.

I heard issues with the buttons being too sensitive, but I haven't had this problem. Impressions overall sound very inconsistent.

That's not as bad as I was expecting. If I ever have any major issues, I can always fall back on my bumper. I just wanted something to match the Speck Shell of my MacBook. :(

I got a copy of Dark Souls PS3 ($10 less than GMG PC version so I chose it) to hold me over along with my backlog.

And I'm going to be waiting to pick up Dishonored during a Steam sale because:

11900_Kings_Bridge_Way.jpg

More than I wanted to spend, but great location in the Montgomery County, MD area and my wife is thrilled. I'm extremely conservative with my own money, but all the calculators and our parents tell us we're very secure as long as we both have our jobs (and worst case with the location it hopefully should be easy to move). We were able to get our "perfect townhome" of 2 car garage, walkout basement, and end unit.

Full time employment and marriage (after 3 years of living together) didn't do it, but this is the thing that has finally solidified me as an adult in my mind. It's becoming real that in a few years life will be focused on children and not work/videogames/our dog as it's been. It's exciting.

Until then though... I get one of the bedrooms as a "man room" and will be able to hook an HDMI cable from my PC to TV for Big Picture Mode :).

Grief.exe

Jet Set Radio Future and SegaGT 2002 bundle for $4 at Goodwill. I only wanted it for JSRF, and the condition is pretty much mint.

Yeah my desk is messy, I know.

Hopefully they port JSRF to PC next.

I'll take Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia as well. I've always pretty much been a PC gamer, would like to play through some of these classics.

JEKKI

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaayy~~~~~!!!

I won a raffle at work!!! got a $25 gift card!!

and the entire office congratulated me on it too!!

#feellikemoney

I get taxed on it too
lol

051334f0116e11e29e0522000a1e8894_7.jpg

I can give it to ya but whatchu gon do wit it!

I can give it to ya but whatchu gon do!

I can give it to ya wha what wha what what!

xJavonta

Banned
Hopefully they port JSRF to PC next.

I'll take Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia as well. I've always pretty much been a PC gamer, would like to play through some of these classics.

I would love for them to do these ports. This is gonna be my first time playing JSRF and Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia are my DC favorites. An HD port like JSR would be an insta-buy on Steam for me.

IMG_6663.png

This came in the mail.
A replacement back for that other Teal GBC I have.

IMG_6664.png

ahahahahah that color doesn't even match at all
txBOO.gif

it's fine though
for what i'm using this for, color matching won't matter at all soon.........................

IMG_6667.png

IMG_6668.png

TARGET CLEARANCES STRIKE AGAIN

Rikkun

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaayy~~~~~!!!

I won a raffle at work!!! got a $25 gift card!!

and the entire office congratulated me on it too!!

#feellikemoney

I get taxed on it too
lol

I can give it to ya but whatchu gon do!

I can give it to ya wha what wha what what!

Buy some Victoria's Secret man, do it for us who don't have Victoria's Secret!

VanWinkle

Sony Bloggie Touch. Found it on clearance at Walmart for 50 dollars, so I figured it would be worth it. I don't know how often I'll use it since I have a DSLR and a nice Canon for video, but it was cheap. But man, the build quality and design are pretty awesome, I know that much. Brushed aluminum in the back, but metal all around except the top chrome part.

ib1WDnXbPGgWu5.jpg

il2SLnKNmDLgc.jpg

Rubius

So. This is what my room look like after 10 weeks away.
o5s3s.jpg

Always wanted a watch and then I saw this one, who was 600 $ off from 700$ on Amazon. Its a nice Invicta
vZqTh.jpg

I'm a sucker for Collector/Limited Edition and for TV shows. Here is the Deadly Shadows complete collection. 1250 episode of pure gothic soap opera goodness.
ccaiS.jpg

WzAx6.jpg

SkXYC.jpg

And here the Limited edition of the Walking Dead Season 2
qJ51n.jpg

4hZWK.jpg

ErV4E.jpg

I watched The Spoony One talk about Babylon 5. Went to Amazon, each season were 10$ down from 40$. Sometimes I think Valve bought Amazon...
UeJS8.jpg

Random Movies and TV Series
ZEJcR.jpg

Amazon.ca had a clearance sale a while ago. 5 games for 50$. I got 10.
Zm8Oi.jpg

And while I was away I played Castlevania:Symphony of the Night. I think I liked it too much.
2GLTZ.jpg

Got my Double Fine goodies. Nice! Will frame this tomorrow !
e9rev.jpg

98ni2.jpg

3oVl4.jpg

Borderland 2 Limited edition goodness. Sad that Amazon.ca cancelled my Loot Chest...
BVyMW.jpg

Nintendo stuff
sLFNh.jpg

Playstation Stuff, My dad got me the Harry Potters.
BVoyg.jpg

And more stuff my dad found at a Garage sale.
snh8N.jpg

Do skydrive links not work on forums? :(

Just got back from a small trip to Melbourne, Australia(From Perth, Australia). I usually go to Bali, Indonesia but felt like something a little different and I have never been to another state before so why not.

Absolutely huge comic book store in Melbourne called Minotaur. So much better then what we have in Perth. Just a couple of my pick ups.
DSC00468.jpg

Walked into the Jb Hi-Fi near my hotel and saw this. Would never, ever find this locally in Perth so I had to buy it. I know I could get it pretty much the same price online, but whatever. I wanted it! Whilst I wasn't a big fan of the actual game I love Street Fighter and Tekken is awesome so it is still a very nice stick. The scary thing here is I have a Qanba Q4 already, start of a collection?? : /

DSC00466.jpg

Not pictured:
Mini street fighter figurines
Quicksilver shorts
Muay thai shorts and hand wraps
Addidas Originals Shoes(Black and white theme)
Little big planet for the girlfiend.

My second import Cave game. Saw it on Amazon and thought sure why not:

ml1K8.jpg

Technically I finished the mods on this one late last month, but oh well >_>
Sanwa stick+buttons, seimitsu bubble top.

GOt41.png

Jfr0N.png

IMzce.png

Sagitario

Sony Bloggie Touch. Found it on clearance at Walmart for 50 dollars, so I figured it would be worth it. I don't know how often I'll use it since I have a DSLR and a nice Canon for video, but it was cheap. But man, the build quality and design are pretty awesome, I know that much. Brushed aluminum in the back, but metal all around except the top chrome part.
http://i.minus.com/ib1WDnXbPGgWu5.jpg
il2SLnKNmDLgc.jpg

That's beautiful picture. I like the SIII in the background. What camera did you use? Did you edit the picture (colors, saturation, etc.)?
I got a Sony SLT-A37K a week ago. I know it's an entry level camera, but I am excited to be able to take pictures that look half as good as yours (the same goes for Skel1ingt0n).

So. This is what my room look like after 10 weeks away.
http://i.imgur.com/o5s3s.jpg

Always wanted a watch and then I saw this one, who was 600 $ off from 700$ on Amazon. Its a nice Invicta
http://i.imgur.com/vZqTh.jpg

I'm a sucker for Collector/Limited Edition and for TV shows. Here is the Deadly Shadows complete collection. Only 2500 made. 1250 episode of pure gothic soap opera goodness.
http://i.imgur.com/ccaiS.jpg
WzAx6.jpg

SkXYC.jpg

And while I was away I played Castlevania:Symphony of the Night. I think I liked it too much.
2GLTZ.jpg

Nintendo stuff
sLFNh.jpg

Xmas indeed! :O

- Did I understand correctly? You got a $700 clock for $100? WOW! What a deal!
- That Dark Shadows collection package is amazingly funny :D
- Excellent pick ups! I love most of those Castlevania games. That picture really makes me miss Iga :( [I am going to do a CV DS run soon]

Rubius

Damn, must've felt like christmas opening all those boxes.

It was pretty much christmas. Since I never knew what was in the boxe I was opening.

- Did I understand correctly? You got a $700 clock for $100? WOW! What a deal!
Yep, thats why I got it. I mean 80% off a watch is pretty awesome. And its really big too.

Pikma

Banned
It was pretty much christmas. Since I never knew what was in the boxe I was opening.

Yep, thats why I got it. I mean 80% off a watch is pretty awesome. And its really big too.

Feels good, I haven't been living in the U.S. for a past few months, only going back every 3-4 weeks, but that doesn't stop me from ordering lots of things from Amazon, it's always fun getting home and opening 8-10 packages with only games inside them. :D

luokyl

Walked into the Jb Hi-Fi near my hotel and saw this. Would never, ever find this locally in Perth so I had to buy it. I know I could get it pretty much the same price online, but whatever. I wanted it! Whilst I wasn't a big fan of the actual game I love Street Fighter and Tekken is awesome so it is still a very nice stick. The scary thing here is I have a Qanba Q4 already, start of a collection?? : /

DSC00466.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but these are readily available in Perth JB stores as well. Will be getting one once/if it drops under the $150 mark.

Not to burst your bubble, but these are readily available in Perth JB stores as well. Will be getting one once/if it drops under the $150 mark.

Fair enough. I hadn't seen one. I had seen it on JB's website but it showed nothing in W.A. Oh well, no biggie. Walking past it in Melbourne just sealed the deal of me purchasing it.

luokyl

Fair enough. I hadn't seen one. I had seen it on JB's website but it showed nothing in W.A. Oh well, no biggie. Walking past it in Melbourne just sealed the deal of me purchasing it.

Yeah, definitely congrats on the stick man. I was just at Hay Street JB the other day drooling over how nice the box looked (the box!).

Huge craigslist haul over the weekend: NES top loader, NES Bonk's Adventure, NES Metal Storm, Dragon Warriors II and IV, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy I, II and III, Majora's Mask collector's edition, etc.

c2vuxl.jpg

Bigger version: http://imgur.com/c2vux

A chunk of it will be up for trade soon in the B/S/T thread... =)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Huge craigslist haul over the weekend: NES top loader, NES Bonk's Adventure, NES Metal Storm, Dragon Warriors II and IV, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy I, II and III, Majora's Mask collector's edition, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/c2vuxl.jpg[IMG]
Bigger version: [URL="http://imgur.com/c2vux"]http://imgur.com/c2vux[/URL]

A chunk of it will be up for trade soon in the B/S/T thread... =)[/QUOTE]

been looking for a complete the imortal for genesis to pop up for a while nice haul dragon warrior 4 loose cart alone goes for around $50

been looking for a complete the imortal for genesis to pop up for a while nice haul dragon warrior 4 loose cart alone goes for around $50

Immortal is complete but manual is really rough. Was stoked to get the DW IV, and I can't believe the price on Bonk these days ($170 cart only - wow).

Top Bottom