• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

So I sold all my photography equipment this month, leaving just my 430EX flash.

It was a hard decision to make but in the long run it made more sense than compounding my crop sensor equipment.

I used the proceeds and got this:

A new 5D
86n0k.jpg

and because I had no good full-frame lenses, I bought arguably the best 50mm prime, for the money.

The Sigma 50mm 1.4
0Mn4d.jpg

Iacobellis

So I sold all my photography equipment this month, leaving just my 430EX flash.

It was a hard decision to make but in the long run it made more sense than compounding my crop sensor equipment.

I used the proceeds and got this:

A new 5D
86n0k.jpg

and because I had no good full-frame lenses, I bought arguably the best 50mm prime, for the money.

The Sigma 50mm 1.4
0Mn4d.jpg

Is the upgrade from a cropped DSLR to full frame worth the $2,000+ investment?

Is the upgrade from a cropped DSLR to full frame worth the $2,000+ investment?
Short term? He'll no. But I'm starting to get a few professional gigs and I needed the better ISO performance that the full frame provides. So in the long run its justifiable.

That said, I miss the hell out of the IS on my old 17-55mm so much.

Iacobellis

Short term? He'll no. But I'm starting to get a few professional gigs and I needed the better ISO performance that the full frame provides. So in the long run its justifiable.

That said, I miss the hell out of the IS on my old 17-55mm so much.

I'm waiting on Nikon to update the D7000. The D3100 still holds up well, but the poor ISO performance and lack of AF motor are my two biggest gripes. A higher resolution screen would be a nice incentive to upgrade, as well.

Pikma

Banned
Hello there, GAF. :3

These are from last month, been playing the CRAP out of NHL 13 since launch day, I've played it for like 60, maybe 70, hours, I'm such a hockey girl. :p

Also, you can see my little cat's paw making a cameo appearance up there.

The best looking 3DS game I've played so far, just awesome (need to play it more, though).

aaaaaaaaand the best of it all?

found this at a local grocery store for $14.99 :lol

not pictured:

A Neo Geo Pocket I found for $7. :)

isual

90 of Gamestop's finest PS2 games for ~$9.00 total.

F yea. I should prob get a backup ps2 slim just in case at a yard sale or something.

wow. Can you list the name of the games? Any good rpgs? Also, what's the condition of the game cds? scratched?

and how did you get all that for sooo cheap?

I'm waiting on Nikon to update the D7000. The D3100 still holds up well, but the poor ISO performance and lack of AF motor are my two biggest gripes. A higher resolution screen would be a nice incentive to upgrade, as well.
I definitely know what you mean. When I was about to get my first DSLR it was the lack of an AF motor in the Nikon that drove me to Canon. I'm curious to see what new wave of cropped sensor cameras will perform like.

Sagitario

it1RvzQZUSPvj.png
iX6Ng6Q8BiCnB.png
ifyJuQI7L7VlK.png

iPgfxMsVGWa84.png
ibbwSjHvHZYvRs.png
ibxYRbpD042Kuu.png

An Audio Cassette Moleskine and a regular ruled Moleskine and some pens that are 80% recycled water bottles or something, Kenzaburo Oe's Somersault and Nip the Buds, Shoot the Kids, as well as Yukio Mishima's Forbidden Colors, The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, and The Sound of Waves, along with Rhythm Thief, a Gameboy Micro, some Monoprice 8320s earbuds, a Spelunky Mini, a blue 3DS XL and The Denpa Men: They Came By Waves, and a Kindle Paperwhite, with the Keyboard shown for comparison.

Really nice pick ups! I love how vibrant the XL screen looks.
I really want a Paperwhite.

Just one new get this post, but a gorgeous one - I'm such a sucker for a good game OST (and the signed card and AR cards are an awesome bonus!)

oRQwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SqFwJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fFOo1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4ExyV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7aBzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/llbaF.jpg
:O
One of the best soundtracks.

Blablurn

Yay,for ASUS. But no Win8 and Firefox? What a letdown. You can do better, my favorite greek. ;3

haha, good old papa justify :D nah, im waiting till windows 8 improved a litte... and firefox... i tried so many other browsers but in the end im always going back to firefox :D

oooh, NBA 2k13 just arrived. my body is ready

pa0601181024x768naswg.jpg

Grief.exe

Knowing that it didn't have water damage, I decided to try plugging it in and turning it on. I grabbed a charger that would fit, plugged it in, powered it up, and,
IMG_6646.png

Well, now I see why it was listed as broken.
The outer glass showed no signs of cracks or breakage, but as you can see the LCD panel itself is cracked and destroyed. (The gray and black areas are where it's broken, if you somehow can't tell.)
I popped in my copy of Wipeout Pure which loaded and ran and played just fine (I had to navigate the menus using only that tiny area of screen to the left, ahaha) but obviously I couldn't see anything.

I went on eBay and ordered the cheapest brand new LCD panel (with the tools to replace it included) that I could find, so we'll see how that goes.

Keep us updated on this, seriously.

pa0601151024x768xqs1x.jpg

Asus N76VZ :-o

my new little pc gaming machine!

I have one as well.

1080p, 650m, i7, aluminum body for under $1000? Crazy.

You may have a different model than me.

First time posting in this thread having lurked for so long....

ITzvD.jpg

£9 for Beat the Beat was an easy decision. Pandora and Last Story now complete the trilogy.

WZNfd.jpg

I hate it when I do that.... forgot I had HotD already...... at least I paid the same for each copy.

0JTyQ.jpg

I wonder how the stand from Kid Icarus manages with the 3DS XL?

RXHvu.jpg

To celebrate the 8th year since broadcast of the best TV show ever.

sx0or.jpg

R2 was bought in September but the B-Wing is the real star.

nny

DSC07979.jpg

DSC07978.jpg

DSC07977.jpg

DSC07975.jpg

DSC07969.jpg

Last time I saw Sigur Rós was in 2005, it's about time to see them again...still a few months away though:
DSC07965.jpg

CAVE343

Haven't participated in these threads a long time now, so I thought lets go again. This is some stuff I got recently.

Leather jacket which has a slim fit, I don't like baggy clothing. Worn it a few days now and it's warm enough for the winter.
ywpoo.jpg

Dress shoes
7Eh2w.jpg

PS3 games, I already have RE5 on the 360 but wanted to have the gold edition as well
bpvNj.jpg

Some blu-ray and 3DS (finally got IP Man on blur-ray)
uR44J.jpg

Grabbed a new iPod Touch 4th generation. The new ones won't fit on my speaker dock.
GLZ8R.jpg

14oz boxing gloves from Hayabusa and mexican style hand wraps, they're real comfy!
ge8mw.jpg

plc268

A series of odd and unrelated purchases:

8060229199_154f2f9e47_z.jpg

A La Crosse BC-700 battery charger and a Pentel P1037A mechanical pencil. Love this pencil. Nice and sturdy, and has a cap on it like a pen.

Iacobellis

I definitely know what you mean. When I was about to get my first DSLR it was the lack of an AF motor in the Nikon that drove me to Canon. I'm curious to see what new wave of cropped sensor cameras will perform like.

Do all Canon DSLR's have an AF motor? I didn't intend to spend more than $600 on a body + kit lens, and the photos I saw taken with a T3 seemed less clear than the D3100, a bit more grainy. I was also more comfortable using Nikon, and did not want to risk trying a different brand only to not like them as much.

MicH

Got a couple of things in the last week or so:

dhCjZl.jpg

FlingSmash Wii Remote Plus bundle + Wii Play Motion Wii Remote Plus bundle are for my upcoming Wii U so I have some Wii remotes :p Got these pretty cheap, so it was definitely worth it.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World I found this for pretty cheap, so decided to get it. Never played the first one on GameCube (shame on me), but hopefully I might someday.

PlayStation 3 Slim 320 GB White + extra Dual Shock controller I already have a Slim, but wanted to get another before they vanished from the store shelves - and I always wanted a white one!

And then I got Titanic, Prometheus and Cinderella on Blu-ray :D

Do all Canon DSLR's have an AF motor? I didn't intend to spend more than $600 on a body + kit lens, and the photos I saw taken with a T3 seemed less clear than the D3100, a bit more grainy. I was also more comfortable using Nikon, and did not want to risk trying a different brand only to not like them as much.
The T3i, the lowest end model I'm familiar with, and all other ones above it do have one. I'm not aware of any that doesn't, actually. That might be a Nikon thing.

I can relate to your point on familiarity. I was tempted by the D600 but it just didn't feel right.

Wool

I just posted these pictures to the headphone thread, but I rarely make a purchase worth posting on here so I am double posting them.

Grado 225i's

U2hqZl.jpg

0xjYul.jpg

frogg609

A series of odd and unrelated purchases:

A La Crosse BC-700 battery charger and a Pentel P1037A mechanical pencil. Love this pencil. Nice and sturdy, and has a cap on it like a pen.

I love the Pentel Kerry. Such a good pencil (I an a pen/pencil nerd)

A handful of pickups from last week and the latter half of September... After bemoaning the Silent Hill HD fiasco I re-bought the original PS2 games... Grabbed Siren for some Halloween fun, and finally found the new Black Adder box set... Picked up EyePet, Fat Princess, the Personna box with soundtrack and Dragon Warrior V at a small shop in Montreal for $5 each... Some good stuff; I'm well chuffed for it all...

mash440

Neo Member
I love the Pentel Kerry. Such a good pencil (I an a pen/pencil nerd)

I have to say, I'm not a particular fan of Pentel pencils. I have p205, but I tend to go back to my Staedtler MarsMicro .5mm which I have had for over 6 years. I also imported a Pentel SMASH from Japan, which is my favourite pencil, but I just don't enjoy drawing with it. They all seem too 'technical' for my liking.

I also use the Zebra Cadoozle's quite a lot. They are cute and fun to sketch with, and are pretty much disposable... That is unless you collect all the different patterns. I just bought some Safari themed ones, but I won't post photos in this thread. We don't want to turn it into a pencil fest.

I bought a load of Staedtler MarsMicro wooden pencils. The blue and black topped ones, but really, in this day and age, who has time to sharpen them all.

New thread idea! Pencil Collecters |OT| - Pentel Ain Lead > All

TxdoHawk

Used NEX-C3. Had a smidge of weird gunk on the top of the zoom ring (that seems to have mostly come off) and missing the flash...but otherwise perfect, and still seems like a good deal for the ~$265 I paid.

ibtiJsnjkLIOMk.jpg

rugi1531

Neo Member
Haven't participated in these threads a long time now, so I thought lets go again. This is some stuff I got recently.

Leather jacket which has a slim fit, I don't like baggy clothing. Worn it a few days now and it's warm enough for the winter.
ywpoo.jpg

Dress shoes
7Eh2w.jpg

PS3 games, I already have RE5 on the 360 but wanted to have the gold edition as well
bpvNj.jpg

Nice pickup! whered you pick the jacket and shoes?

Hazelhurst

Got a couple of things in the last week or so:

dhCjZl.jpg

FlingSmash Wii Remote Plus bundle + Wii Play Motion Wii Remote Plus bundle are for my upcoming Wii U so I have some Wii remotes :p Got these pretty cheap, so it was definitely worth it.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World I found this for pretty cheap, so decided to get it. Never played the first one on GameCube (shame on me), but hopefully I might someday.

PlayStation 3 Slim 320 GB White + extra Dual Shock controller I already have a Slim, but wanted to get another before they vanished from the store shelves - and I always wanted a white one!

And then I got Titanic, Prometheus and Cinderella on Blu-ray :D

Is that the Japanese white PS3? It looks so sexy.

Here are a few things I've picked up within the last couple of days.

Avengers
Snow White, Walking Dead, Watchmen
Picked up some games at best buy, buy 2 get 1 free, sorry for the lack of cover art.
I was due for an upgrade so I went to a Sprint store to see what they had. I've never had an iPhone before so I decided to give it a try, I have to say it is much better than my LG Optimus S lol. I also grabbed an Otter Box for it, definitely isn't a flattering case for the phone.

jonno394

My desktop is out of action so bought a temporary netbook off ebay for £75. Also Malcolm Tucker is one of comedies great characters

2012-10-07093959.jpg

Top Bottom