• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Used NEX-C3. Had a smidge of weird gunk on the top of the zoom ring (that seems to have mostly come off) and missing the flash...but otherwise perfect, and still seems like a good deal for the ~$265 I paid.

ibtiJsnjkLIOMk.jpg

It's a really nice camera. Sad that mine was stolen.

The kit zoom lens is also actually pretty good.

Iacobellis

The T3i, the lowest end model I'm familiar with, and all other ones above it do have one. I'm not aware of any that doesn't, actually. That might be a Nikon thing.

I can relate to your point on familiarity. I was tempted by the D600 but it just didn't feel right.

Wow, that's definitely an edge Canon has over Nikon. The cheapest body I'm aware of that offers an AF motor is the D7000, starting at around $1000.

BrhysH

Picked up a few things from my girlfriends brother this month.

2012-10-07114521.jpg

2012-10-07114406.jpg

2012-10-07114344.jpg

There was also a PS2 slim (I've only had the original model) and a N64 which I now own two of.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
My first pick ups in awhile.

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2.

IMG_0004.jpg

Also my birthday was this thursday and I got an iphone as well though it is not posted since i don't have anything else to take it with. lol

Cheddahz

Banned

I had trade in credit at Gamestop and was able to pick up PaRappa The Rapper for only fifty cents, it'll give me something to do on the plane flight to Germany this Wednesday (along with LoH: TiTS and FFT)

Got a couple of things in the last week or so:

dhCjZl.jpg

FlingSmash Wii Remote Plus bundle + Wii Play Motion Wii Remote Plus bundle are for my upcoming Wii U so I have some Wii remotes :p Got these pretty cheap, so it was definitely worth it.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World I found this for pretty cheap, so decided to get it. Never played the first one on GameCube (shame on me), but hopefully I might someday.

PlayStation 3 Slim 320 GB White + extra Dual Shock controller I already have a Slim, but wanted to get another before they vanished from the store shelves - and I always wanted a white one!

And then I got Titanic, Prometheus and Cinderella on Blu-ray :D

Love the white PS3, sexy!
Please don't let Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World taint your view of the original, the Gamecube version was fantastic. Has to be played first, man. :)

MicH

Love the white PS3, sexy!
Please don't let Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World taint your view of the original, the Gamecube version was fantastic. Has to be played first, man. :)
Yeah, I'm not playing until I've played the first one :p Hopefully it'll be available on the Wii U VC someday.

New case for my iPhone:

P1000380-1.jpg

Resident Evil 6 and the new Pokemans:

photo1.jpg

Warhammer 40K 6th Ed.

P1000312.jpg

P1000311.jpg

Tyranid Hive Guard mini:

photo3.jpg

New White Dwarf and Punisher MAX vol 1:

P1000285.jpg

Austin Powers collection ($7). I have never seen these movies, but for $7 I'm willing to give them a try:

photo2.jpg

I've been meaning to get into gouache for a while. I've only ever used cheap Reeves gouache, so I decided to get something a bit better. A lot of people recommended both W&N and Holbein brands, so I decided to try both :p

Not picured: a huge tube of W&N Zync White gouache:

photo4.jpg

A box of cheap oil pastels (essentially crayons for "adults" :p):

P1000276.jpg

Fuji gel pens imported from Japan. I really love these:

P1000303.jpg

P1000305.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nothing uber exciting, but some good pickups nonetheless:

Picked up a bunch of games to share with fellow GAFers and friends on other forums from the TRU sale. Only kept a MW3 for myself. (This is just one of my stops)

8064810529_a554a54913_z.jpg

Grabbed Spec Ops: The Line from Gamefly for $6.

8064806600_1f1eabcb95_z.jpg

Found some 25th Anniversary Final Fantasy cards at a local shop:

8064810568_fe44bfde11_z.jpg

And got Pokemon White 2 this afternoon for my trip this week:

8064804667_aa4e3c66de_z.jpg

Iacobellis

New case for my iPhone:

P1000380-1.jpg

Resident Evil 6 and the new Pokemans:

photo1.jpg

Warhammer 40K 6th Ed.

P1000312.jpg

P1000311.jpg

Tyranid Hive Guard mini:

photo3.jpg

New White Dwarf and Punisher MAX vol 1:

P1000285.jpg

Austin Powers collection ($7). I have never seen these movies, but for $7 I'm willing to give them a try:

photo2.jpg

I've been meaning to get into gouache for a while. I've only ever used cheap Reeves gouache, so I decided to get something a bit better. A lot of people recommended both W&N and Holbein brands, so I decided to try both :p

Not picured: a huge tube of W&N Zync White gouache:

photo4.jpg

A box of cheap oil pastels (essentially crayons for "adults" :p):

P1000276.jpg

Fuji gel pens imported from Japan. I really love these:

P1000303.jpg

P1000305.jpg

I have the same case waiting for my iPhone on order. Any problems with the volume buttons?

andylsun

My first ever Nintendo eShop purchase

tvqyQl.jpg

Denpa Men.

Played the demo and really enjoyed it. Both myself and my daughter will really enjoy it. She will play through it first I expect. What's the total game length?

I've also resolved to start taking better pictures for this thread. No more cell phone pics!

I'm not too thrilled about an all digital-download future. I much prefer to own physical copies so they are still usable 20 years down the line, but worth going for this time. Will try and pick up a Euro copy of New Little King Story for the Vita rather than downloading the US version.

I have the same case waiting for my iPhone on order. Any problems with the volume buttons?
I actually posted my impressions on the iPhone 5 OT thread if you want to read more, but basically the buttons are a mixed bag. Volume up works great (probably feels better than pressing the naked button), volume down works fine but there's no "clicky" feel when you press it. The wake/sleep button is definitely harder to activate, to the point where I hold the phone with both hands when trying to press it.

I heard issues with the buttons being too sensitive, but I haven't had this problem. Impressions overall sound very inconsistent.

Lucent

I'm not too thrilled about an all digital-download future. I much prefer to own physical copies so they are still usable 20 years down the line, but worth going for this time. Will try and pick up a Euro copy of New Little King Story for the Vita rather than downloading the US version.

I feel the same way. Sure you could download a digital copy and be able to download it whenever you want while the service is still available and not worry about a disc being broke. But when that service eventually does go down for good, you won't have it available to redownload. Discs can last a long time if you take care of them.

Sagitario

Picked up a bunch of games to share with fellow GAFers and friends on other forums from the TRU sale. Only kept a MW3 for myself. (This is just one of my stops)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8460/8064810529_a554a54913_z.jpg

Grabbed Spec Ops: The Line from Gamefly for $6.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8176/8064806600_1f1eabcb95_z.jpg

Found some 25th Anniversary Final Fantasy cards at a local shop:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8177/8064810568_fe44bfde11_z.jpg

And got Pokemon White 2 this afternoon for my trip this week:

8064804667_aa4e3c66de_z.jpg

I LOVE Skel1ingt0n pictures!
I am doing the same setup for Pokémon: Special Mario Edition Red DSi XL -> Pokémon Black -> Pokémon White 2 (<3 Reshiram)

Absinthe

He showed up last month, needless to say, life has gotten busy. I would consider this a non-gaming pickup because I now have much less time to game :)

photo.jpg

Rufus

Eventually, he'll be able to do more than eat, scream and fill diapers. Until then, good lu-...Congratulations!

8064810529_a554a54913_z.jpg
The Deal of All Deals. SCII for $10... fuck. amazing.

Ironmask

He showed up last month, needless to say, life has gotten busy. I would consider this a non-gaming pickup because I now have much less time to game :)

photo.jpg

'grats dude, welcome to the club! ("best thing in my own life" club )

don't worry about the stress too high right now, from 2yrs old he'll be just cute as heaven, at 3yrs old you'll start playing toys with him and at 4 he'll be able to play vidya with you :p

Pikma

Banned

Bought Sleeping Dogs new for $4.99 the other day, and I picked it up today.

And SotD was a present from my mum. :D

EDIT: Broken link, stupid Dropbox, I'll re-upload it once I get home. :(

Alastor

Awesome pick up, Folklore is the game of the generation. (there is a lttp thread going if you need any help).

I'm amazed of your constant support of this title. I agree it's great. Hopefully you'll be rewarded for this in current or next life ;)

stn

Woah!!! How about some screenshots of the Perfect Dark beta, please??? One of my favorite games ever.

Top Bottom