• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

jayvo

Finally got a Vita.

I2HACoK.jpg

Absolutely loving it!

Dat 64 GB Vita card! I want!!

Blowdrum

Neo Member
mGrp1OS.jpg

As of now, that's my entire haul. I'm changing my entire gaming setup later this month, so I'll probably update my post to include that later.

Daouzin

Got a second gamecube with 4 controllers and double dash yesterday night. I've only had one gamecube for the longest time and got rid of my copy of double dash. I'm looking to buy a second copy and two more controllers so I can get some 8 player matches going

Thankfully my first broadband adatper came in today through the mail as well. Still trying to hunt down a second one but all the ebay ones ship to States only, or cost an arm and a leg.

You are the best person, I don't understand how people didn't like DD. Every Mario Kart is not nearly as good since. Why can't Nintendo just add 'Double Dash' mode to all Mario Karts so we can actually maintain the strategic depth that DD added by allowing you to hold items and manipulate item dispersion by hoarding lightening bolts and spike shells?

My group of friends always keeps a GC connected so we can continue playing the best one.

You are the best person, I don't understand how people didn't like DD. Every Mario Kart is not nearly as good since. Why can't Nintendo just add 'Double Dash' mode to all Mario Karts so we can actually maintain the strategic depth that DD added by allowing you to hold items and manipulate item dispersion by hoarding lightening bolts and spike shells?

My group of friends always keeps a GC connected so we can continue playing the best one.

I agree: I played 100s of hours of DD with my family and friends, and solo. The Wii Mario Kart is comparison feels unbalanced and a lot less fun.

I think however that one's perception depends on what his/her first Mario Kart game was. People who played Mario Kart on SNES first often tend to prefer that one over many of the later games.

Xtincthed

Neo Member
I agree: I played 100s of hours of DD with my family and friends, and solo. The Wii Mario Kart is comparison feels unbalanced and a lot less fun.

I think however that one's perception depends on what his/her first Mario Kart game was. People who played Mario Kart on SNES first often tend to prefer that one over many of the later games.

I couldn't agree more to you both, not a single Mario Kart game comes close to the sheer brilliance of Double Dash! The switching and holding added so much depth and strategy.

meppi

A new week, some new Vita goodies arrived! :)

iUEVXb61cIqgD.jpg

Had to wait 2 weeks for customs to clear EDF and ended up not only paying extra tax, but also "formality costs".... FFS :-/

A new week, some new Vita goodies arrived! :)

iUEVXb61cIqgD.jpg

Had to wait 2 weeks for customs to clear EDF and ended up not only paying extra tax, but also "formality costs".... FFS :-/

12 euros of 'formality costs' to BPost, right? ;-)

It's a scam really. In other countries customs actually informs you they have a package lying at their office. Here, they just have BPost pick it up and charge you an insane amount for it. To me it feels like ransom money. :)

meppi

12 euros of 'formality costs' to BPost, right? ;-)

It's a scam really. In other countries customs actually informs you they have a package lying at their office. Here, they just have BPost pick it up and charge you an insane amount for it. To me it feels like ransom money. :)

Indeed.
One time they found a way to make me pay 3 different kinds of "taxes"
Ended up being over €40 for a game that was worth €60-70. They really are thieves.
If I remember correctly it was Import BTW (tax), handling costs (now formality it seems), and then import rights or something similar.
This time the game cost me €50,26 and yet they charge me €25,07.
Didn't know we had to pay 50% tax on our goods in this shitty country.
No wonder I never buy anything from here if I can avoid it. ;)

Talking about ransom. The letter I received certainly sounded like that. Stating they have the right to destroy any packages as they see fit. lol

Indeed.
One time they found a way to make me pay 3 different kinds of "taxes"
Ended up being over €40 for a game that was worth €60-70. They really are thieves.
If I remember correctly it was Import BTW (tax), handling costs (now formality it seems), and then import rights or something similar.
This time the game cost me €50,26 and yet they charge me €25,07.
Didn't know we had to pay 50% tax on our goods in this shitty country.
No wonder I never buy anything from here if I can avoid it. ;)

Talking about ransom. The letter I received certainly sounded like that. Stating they have the right to destroy any packages as they see fit. lol

I ordered Dokuro (PSVita) through Play-Asia for US$ 31.90 (~€24,66) last year November. It took 41 (forty-one!) business days (so not withcounting holidays and weekends) to arrive. And they charged me €21,92 on tax, of which €12 formality costs. :)

Mind you that they only start charging you import taxes if the value of the goods exceeds €22. So my package was €2,66 too expensive and potentially even less depending on the exchange rate. (Right now US$ 31.90 ~ €23,5)

meppi

I ordered Dokuro (PSVita) through Play-Asia for US$ 31.90 (~€24,66) last year November. It took 41 (forty one!) business days (so not withcounting holidays and weekends) to arrive. And they charged me €21,92 on tax, of which €12 formality costs. :)

Jesus! I've said it before and I'll say it again, any company in this country that has Bel in their name or a B that stands for Belgium is corrupt to the bone.
Truly the black heart of Europe.

Seik

Banned
It's been more than 13 years since I played anything Pokemon related. Feels strange, but good at the same time.

1U8e02t.jpg

MG310

Huge NYCC haul incoming :D

Art of Joe Quesada & Kabuki Volume 2 by David Mack
Daniel HDR and Adam Hughes sketchbooks
7 Inch Remix prints from Cliff Chiang
Zatanna sketch by Adam Hughes
Daredevil sketch by Todd Nauck
Zatanna and Madame Hydra sketches by Daniel HDR
Winter Soldier sketch by Gabriel Hardman
Bayonetta print by Adam Hughes
Batman, Lil' Gotham, and Mr. Freeze prints by Dustin Nguyen
Alvin Lee sketchbook cover design print
Captain Marvel print by Joe Quinones
Marvel Girl print by Marcio Takara
Elektra print by Matteo Scalera
2 prints from David Mack
Poison Ivy/Batman print by Yanick Paquette
Viking pinup by Daniel HDR and Uncanny X-Force issue 10 pg 7 by Ramon Perez from the NYCC Charity Auction

Greyvvolf

Eh... I need that gordon print in my life. Should have bitten on the ebay ones when they were cheaper. Good selection of pickups and nice frame ups.
Thanks, I prefer using simple frames because it doesn't take away any focus from the art. There might be a second series; Olly has been teasing images. If there is a second series you could buy a set of 3, if it was like last time, and trade for a Gordon. The Gordon print is very common and has a high number of prints.

ODST which of course includes the complete Halo3 multiplayer experience.
$7 each at GameStop. Been playing with my kids all night.
My 4-yr old grabbed the Invisibility & Energy Sword on The Pit, and shanked me from behind. Priceless.

Sagitario

It has been a while since I posted my pick-ups. I'm glad to be back for this month :)

Limited Edition Pokémon-themed 3DS XL and a several copies of Pokémon XY.
3ds-xl937908e5aw2.png

One for me [Y], the rest are gifts for my brothers and cousins.

A few CDs.
cdsvrld7.png

Several games.
gamesy7ao5.png

Some Zelda books ^_^
hyrule-historiaxsy9b.png

A Wii U for my brothers. They are getting their Xmas gift early
wii_uvwxt6.png

Total cost: $270

xJavonta

Banned

The handling in every Mario Kart after DD is a million times better.

I say this as someone that put hundreds of hours into Double Dash.

meppi

Since Dave is out of commission for a while, someone has to try and fill his shoes and keep this train going, if only for a couple of weeks.

So, here's Vita number 2 in 3 weeks time!

ib16P7Lx3kRqxS.jpg

Those Hori screen protectors are excellent btw. Very easy to instal and no bubbles or anything. Just have to make sure your screen is 100% dust free.
Highly recommended. Same for the 3DS and Wii U ones.

CPCunha

Went to a gamestop yesterday and had the following exchange with the kid on the other side of the counter:

"hi there... im really interested in getting a 3DS XL cus i'll be going on a trip in two days... the only thing holding me back is the possibility of nintendo releasing some kind of special edition hardware with the next zelda...

I see, let me check that for you... (dude grabs a printed list behind the counter and looks through it.) ... we might have some special stuff with the GAME but no hardware as far as i know..."

I walk out of the store pretty happy with my new black 3Ds (super slick) but i wake up to the news of that GORGEOUS system NoE is releasing... goddamn. I'm going to be mighty pissed if that makes across the pond.

Anyways... yeah.

O2x.jpg

Ha! Great taste! My copy should be arriving any day now :)

Loved the movie when I saw it in theaters. For me, I adored the look of the movie as well as the cast.

I saw it was available digitally like two weeks ago but lost track of the physical release. Checked Amazon and swung by Best Buy to pick it up (got it for $17.99 on a pricing error rather than $19.99).

D-e-f-

Banned
Loved the movie when I saw it in theaters. For me, I adored the look of the movie as well as the cast.

I saw it was available digitally like two weeks ago but lost track of the physical release. Checked Amazon and swung by Best Buy to pick it up (got it for $17.99 on a pricing error rather than $19.99).

Good price, I preordered my copy on Amazon months ago and it seems they had it priced at $17.49 at one point so thanks to their price guarantee thing I got a similarly great deal.

It's a fantastic adaptation and the cast totally sells the Shakespeare dialogue as just regular conversation. Loved it.

Good price, I preordered my copy on Amazon months ago and it seems they had it priced at $17.49 at one point so thanks to their price guarantee thing I got a similarly great deal.

It's a fantastic adaptation and the cast totally sells the Shakespeare dialogue as just regular conversation. Loved it.

I think my favorite moments were when the 'love gods' were drinking while plotting - and Benedick was 'casually' listening in on how Beatrice 'was in love with him' a few scenes later. I also loved the cold opening too - how it was just silent and had a stillness to it.

Groof

How did you get that look on your nexus7?

Healthy mix of a 3rd party launcher (Apex pro) and an icon pack (Banx.) A bit of tinkering with the settings and voila. Changed a lot of the grid settings to allow for a tighter fit. And then DashClock widget.

DeVeAn

Healthy mix of a 3rd party launcher (Apex pro) and an icon pack (Banx.) A bit of tinkering with the settings and voila. Changed a lot of the grid settings to allow for a tighter fit. And then DashClock widget.

Damn, looks cool but, I don't use it enough to warrant the monies.

Korezo

Ee6NOSz.jpg

I'm a idiot... I should of bought that limited edition pokemon XL 3ds when they were up for preorder.. But I thought I would never buy a 3ds. Last pokemon game I played was gold/silver 12 years ago.

Top Bottom