• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

illusionary

Kirby's Epic Yarn - I couldn't resist for sub-£7!
psFS9ym.jpg

sikkinixx

15472767935_96e038f5bd.jpg

My wife saw someone on Craigslist selling this and I couldn't resist. Waterbury, according to Wikipedia, is the former name for Timex and some while of Googlefu-ing gets me to this being 1928-1930, a nice wind up clock that's white noise ticking is lovely.

15472800465_8a5414983f.jpg

iPhone 6 feels slippery so for the first time since the day I got my iPhone 4 I'm using a case. Feels weird man.

jakeumms

Well, this isn't really mine but I will post it here anyway. My mother just got her a PS4. I don't know what games she will play on it (it will not be Destiny). She really likes to play 2D Marios but she decided to get a PS4. I'm curious to see which games she will want to play. She already asked me for a driving game so maybe she will like to play Driveclub. The console is beautiful, it's way cooler than my black PS4.
aktwS6sl.jpg
Please do your mother and favor and buy her this. If she likes Super Mario games, I am sure she will love it.
kjw6y73l.jpg

I also got this game this evening. My cat Robot is into it...I didn't tell her Jonesy wasn't in it yet though.
6P0AdXYl.jpg

Also got the iPhone 6 that I used to take these pics. It's my first and, for me, a huge step-up after owning 3 Androids, including the first-to-market G1. I actually ordered the phone early enough to get my phone on the Monday after launch day but T Mobile, in their infinite wisdom, sent the phone to me via UPS and no signature required. Lo and behold, it was stolen off of my porch while I was at work. It was almost like thieves knew that iPhones would be in the mail that day and were on the look out. After much hoop-jumping, and paying the deposit twice, I finally got my hands on the new phone.

I really like it but have yet to play any games on it. Unless reading Grimoire cards on the Destiny app while babysitting files at work counts. Anyone have any suggestions on any must play games? I know by now that there quite a lot...

Oddleaf

Neo Member
Well here is my first ever pickups post :D A Great Month for Games!

Gotta love the steel book (The art book is only a sample of the full size one MUST GET IT)
15453529806_a14a3a43cb_b.jpg
15289905000_34d103526d_b.jpg

Amory

Picked up a new driver, TaylorMade SLDR.

20141008_222559_zpsf7oibcxv.jpg

Also a headcover for said new driver (UConn grad...go Huskies!)

20141008_222705_zps31ffhbgm.jpg

And I made my biggest pickup ever a couple of months ago, my first home. All 550 square feet of it. It ain't much, but it's mine in the city that I love.

20141008_222730_zpsjehsp4qg.jpg

20141008_222741_zpsgvwxcx9n.jpg

20141008_222752_zpsvkeailaz.jpg

greyskull

And I made my biggest pickup ever a couple of months ago, my first home. All 550 square feet of it. It ain't much, but it's mine in the city that I love.

I really like what I'm seeing. The colors, appliances, etc. all look great. That'd actually be perfect for me.

Congrats!

I suddenly want those headphones. These pick-up threads are a danger to my wallet.
I have a pair lying around with about 20 minutes worth of use. A customer of mine bought me a pair if the 650s shirtly after. Good cans, both of them. I should put the 598s on eBay or something.

Taker34

Banned
So jealous of Europe's Steelbooks for games. We hardly get any of these in UK.

True, there a lately a bunch of exclusive steels especially in Germany (Minecraft, Mordor, MK8, TR etc.) but there are quite a few great UK stores which offer exclusives too, like Zavvi and GAME. Even though their latest steels are G1 sized which are not my cup of tea.

XNarte

This was technically a late September pickup but I have been traveling for work and didn't get a chance to post this yet (pay no attention to the messy breakfast bar).

Very excited to own this and even though the wait was rough I had some buddies who made the journey with me, so it was a good time.

UWKcJp2.jpg

Galdius

Please do your mother and favor and buy her this. If she likes Super Mario games, I am sure she will love it.
kjw6y73l.jpg

Thank you!
I will show her the trailer and if she likes it, I will buy it for her!

And here is some more games that I wasn't expecting to buy this week. But Driveclub launched and I found a copy of Smash Bros when I went to buy it so I got both. Then I decided to get Forza Horizon 2 to compare it to Driveclub. The N64 games I had already bought it last month but they only arrived today (I imported them from the US). I think this will be it for some time now.
SmTD6W3l.jpg

Ludono

Somebody say Steelbook?

jH8defO0eEXV8.jpg

jbvieYf7oh7W05.jpg

Also got a shitty little apartment. For what I'm paying I could get a really nice place in the States :/
jZixPlzPgMqem.jpg

new in-ear headphones and a spare cable (with mic) for my on-ear headphones:

some equipment for various recreationaI activities I (please excuse the mud flecks):

some equipment for various recreationaI activities II (thruth be told, the glass and the rightmost bottle are August pick-ups):

video games:

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Suur Tõll;133708988 said:
new in-ear headphones and a spare cable (with mic) for

some equipment for various recreationaI activities I (please excuse the mud flecks):

Great taste! I have the blue jacket from the collaboration b/w Nike and Undercover Labs! :D Where did you get it?

zmet

Arkanoid: Doh it Again, Super Baseball 2020, and Tetris Battle Gaiden

Umihara Kawase Soundtrack

Contains the Super Famicom and Playstation soundtracks along with instrumental and full versions of the PS "Name Entry" and "Ending" music

Raw Force

Did you pick them up here in Belgium?

I did! I got both from this nice little beer shop in Bruges.

Great taste! I have the blue jacket from the collaboration b/w Nike and Undercover Labs! :D Where did you get it?

It was my first ever purchase from this (Italian?) web store and it seems the place is legit - the package arrived swiftly and safely. (The shoes (purchased from eBay) are also from the Gyakusou range - I just like their overall design and colour choices.)

overcast

what the fuuuuuu is up with the price of CDs these days?!?!?!

10724639_312411498941978_400619292_n.jpg

o_O
Holy shit. Every album I've personally bought in the past few years have been 11 dollars or under. Usually the first week they're 10 dollars or so at Target/Best Buy.

19 is vinyl territory.

Suur Tõll;133721876 said:
Yeah, I'd be very surprised if every Belgian town worth its salt didn't have at least one good place to buy beer...

Well, there is beer everywhere. :)

But it's not always as easy to find beer brewed in smaller volumes outside of its region. The Pannepot is brewed in the outer west of the country, and so more easily available in that area (where also Bruges is located) than elsewhere. There's so many alternatives to every beer in the end. ;-)

The Pannepot is brewed in the outer west of the country, and so more easily available in that area (where also Bruges is located) than elsewhere. There's so many alternatives to every beer in the end. ;-)
OK, that makes sense. Coming from a very sparsely populated place in comparison with Belgium (i.e. Estonia), where there are maybe five dedicated beer shops in the entire country divided between two major cities and maybe twice as many commercially active local craft breweries whose best bet is to ship their products to all of the aforementioned five shops, it is easy to forget that this is not necessarily par for the course in other places where there is more variety.

Suur Tõll;133724864 said:
OK, that makes sense. Coming from a very sparsely populated place in comparison with Belgium (i.e. Estonia), where there are maybe five dedicated beer shops in the entire country divided between two major cities and maybe twice as many commercially active local craft breweries whose best bet is to ship their products to all of the aforementioned five shops, it is easy to forget that this is not necessarily par for the course in other places where there is more variety.

Well, there are around 180 breweries in this little country, brewing over 500 (or was it 600?) different types of beer iirc. Many of those you can find in supermarkets, you don't even have to look for the dedicated shops. This is heaven right here for the beer aficionado, buddy. ;-)

nny

FOOLISH HUMANS! You DARE to post pictures of vroom beasts and "Vee-toes" and...PORK COWS...when ZIIIIM IS HEEEEEEERE?!

BOW BEFORE YOUR IRKEN CONQUEROR!

O5Gph7S.gif

It's so hard to find affordable Zim figures. We donated ours at some point 10 years ago, so I've been trying to rebuild my Zim collection.

In honor of your post, I'm gonna sing the Doom song now:

Doom doom doom doom, doom doomdoom doom DOOM! Doomy-doomy doom doomy do doom DOOM! The end.

Top Bottom