• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

pariah164

Picked up Ultimax, a 64gb Vita memory card, and a lightning 780 for a price that was way too good to pass up.
Obligatory.

u68LjR9.gif
Nice pick-ups.

Qblivion

Picked up Destiny PS3 despite already owning it on PS4 because my friends are jerks and don't want to upgrade to PS4 :<

TheMoon

Holy shit. Every album I've personally bought in the past few years have been 11 dollars or under. Usually the first week they're 10 dollars or so at Target/Best Buy.

19 is vinyl territory.

LOL you should ask people from Germany how they feel about paying 15-18 EUR for a regular album on CD while the same album was 10-12 USD in the US. Even with 6-7 dollars for shipping from amazon.com on top you usually came out cheaper than buying locally ^^

Evo X

Are some people completely mad?? My 6950 from 3 yrs ago still runs the newest games on ultra settings.. Your SECOND gtx980?? Wtf

I don't like making compromises when it comes to PC gaming. Two 980s will let me max most games at my monitors 2560x1440 resolution and 144hz refresh rate. It will also let me crank up anti-aliasing and downsample a lot of those games from 4K if I want.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just came home after a 4 hour trip on a train from Milan and found a package which I wasn't expecting at all, from a gaffer (from my dear friend dr_octagon)... And well, inside there was freaking A Link Between Worlds for 3DS! Holy cow, what a gift... just like that, just because I mentioned I wanted to play it and he sent it to me for no reasons other than I'm awesome like that (lol). No seriously, what an awesome feeling :)

Thanks dr_octagon!!

Tamanator

While I've been following these threads for years, this is finally my first post in one. Super Turrican is actually the first NES game I've bought, and doubles my collection which before only included Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. Mario Vs DK was too good a price to pass up, since I believe it was a pricing error.

Spyware

Finally picked up a PS4! Got it late last month after a couple of delays. Due to that I also got Battlefield 4, Destiny, CoD: Ghosts and a couple of sports games but I sold those off immediately. Pondering what games to buy for the money besides First Light and that blue DualShock (that sadly wasn't included, it was a plain black one).

mcDE6Sn.png

Nice! How do you like it?
Coming from an 3DS LL I need to get used to the smaller size factor again (previous launch model owner), but as for the build and technical aspect of the system, SO much better. God, it's all so snappy now. Feels like coming out from a beta phase lol.

Nitemare1

Picked up a new driver, TaylorMade SLDR.

20141008_222559_zpsf7oibcxv.jpg

Have you had a chance to play with it yet? Any Impressions? I'll be in the market for one next season. I was playing with a RBZ all year and I hated / struggled with it. Went back to an old R7 last Sunday and the difference was like night and day.

PixelPeZ

unida.jpg

By Vance Kelly, too bad I coudn't capture it better in the photo, but the poster's actually screen print on foil, so it looks really nice in person.

samson_01.jpg

samson_02.jpg

Samson Go Mic, that thing is absurdly small, but sounds really great for that price, great for podcasting or streaming, finally an easy setup!

donrosa_01.jpg

donrosa_02.jpg

First issue of the Fantagraphics Don Rosa collection. Great quality, commentaries on all the stories, can't wait for the next issue next month.

steam.jpg

And well, some vidyagaems, too.

Finally picked up a PS4! Got it late last month after a couple of delays. Due to that I also got Battlefield 4, Destiny, CoD: Ghosts and a couple of sports games but I sold those off immediately. Pondering what games to buy for the money besides First Light and that blue DualShock (that sadly wasn't included, it was a plain black one).

mcDE6Sn.png

Where do you get that Rainbow PS4?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
First batch of October pick-ups:

-iPhone 6 Plus (64GB, silver/white)
-Super Smash Bros For 3DS
-Vita TV (got it for the same price as the American PSTV!)
-Vita 2000 Borderlands bundle (Took advantage of a Gamestop deal and traded up my 1000)

15322352747_3755e79ba7_b.jpg

tenz0r

What deal? I can't find anything online

If you are a Power Up Rewards Pro Member ($14.99 @GameStop), they have a coupon that gives you an extra $50.00 when you trade in a PlayStation Vita. The regular trade in value if $110.00, with that coupon it will be $160.00.

I think the coupon expires tomorrow (Sunday at close of business). If you are a current pro member already just login into your rewards account and look under "active offers". If you join then it will appear there, and also on your initial receipt that you signed up for the membership for.

pariah164

If you are a Power Up Rewards Pro Member ($14.99 @GameStop), they have a coupon that gives you an extra $50.00 when you trade in a PlayStation Vita. The regular trade in value if $110.00, with that coupon it will be $160.00.

I think the coupon expires tomorrow (Sunday at close of business). If you are a current pro member already just login into your rewards account and look under "active offers". If you join then it will appear there, and also on your initial receipt that you signed up for the membership for.
If I didn't see the 2000 as a downgrade, I'd jump on that. Thanks for the info though, will pass this on to a friend of mine.

Laranja

First time ever posting in this thread!

10723898_542611099215927_1431867301_n.jpg

I won this on a contest with a silly video me and my sister put together. It comes with an FC Porto skin, for those wondering. I'm a fan, but I'm keeping my PS4 sticker-free!

On an interesting side note: PS4 controllers are nowhere to be found around here. Every story I've been to (and I've been to quite a few) has run out of stock. My guess is that the release of FIFA 15 has something to do with it, but who knows, really?

Amory

Have you had a chance to play with it yet? Any Impressions? I'll be in the market for one next season. I was playing with a RBZ all year and I hated / struggled with it. Went back to an old R7 last Sunday and the difference was like night and day.

Playing with it for the first time today, actually. I can post some impressions later on

mcDE6Sn.png
Oh shit, the Gaystation went to a GAFer? That's seriously fucking cool. Hope you enjoy it!

Top Bottom