• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If I didn't see the 2000 as a downgrade, I'd jump on that. Thanks for the info though, will pass this on to a friend of mine.

I had both Vita models, and while I still found the OLED screen on the 1000 better for some games, in the end I found myself preferring the 2000 since everything else about is better. Enough that I was happy with changing out my 1000 for a 2000 with this deal. Would not have done it if I would have had to pay anything, though.

Grief.exe

Needed a mousepad, wanted a limited edition one but this was cheap and don't have to wait for it to show up :p

jdURzj6D0b9N1.jpg

That's going to get crazy dirty!

New router (included Chromecast free), iPhone 6 Plus, Destiny Ghost Edition (PS4), White PlayStation Wireless Headset, and Godzilla:

ibgNRXMesyfGAI.JPG

ThreeA Metal Gear Solid Ray:

iCWaKch2e23P1.JPG

igDssfDuYa5tc.JPG

About 5 years ago I had to put my Akita of 15 years down due to medical issues. Ever since, I was unable to muster up the courage to get another dog out of fear of having to go through such a devastating loss again. Well, I've finally managed to summon up some courage to get over that obstacle and welcome the newest member of the family, Ryu:

ihmMwkJA7Tl0c.jpg

iSHXUla6th3pv.JPG

iObBrkNlajxUI.JPG

ZerotypeX

First batch of October pick-ups:

-iPhone 6 Plus (64GB, silver/white)
-Super Smash Bros For 3DS
-Vita TV (got it for the same price as the American PSTV!)
-Vita 2000 Borderlands bundle (Took advantage of a Gamestop deal and traded up my 1000)

15322352747_3755e79ba7_b.jpg

Any reason why you got the (what looks like) the Japanese version of Playstation TV if you do not mind me asking?

Have not posted in a while, mostly a lurker, but hope my pick ups are up to par. These are from September.

IMG_0474_zps2d33f72d.jpg

Got a OBD bluetooth reader (I believe it is a clone though) and a Anker phone charger for my phone from Amazon to use with the Torque app. Really cool and all too see my car stats, but rarely use it now. Oh wells.

IMG_0484_zps2f048eb1.jpg

Got my first SSD and it is amazing. Totally did not need it, but having my computer boot up super quick is nice. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Destiny

IMG_0488_zpseb6775bb.jpg

Destiny swag from midnight launch (poster, wrist band, tshirt), got my free Legenday Pictures movie shirt from Comic Con, and also got a new job (the badge).

IMG_0491_zpsc6e8eb2d.jpg

2D fighters to keep me busy on the PS3

and now the October pick ups

IMG_20141001_202557_zpsa85a58ce.jpg

Won a copy Forza Horizon 2 from a contest

20141012_185433_zps538aca1e.jpg

Refurbished Chromecast, not sure how I lived without one since it was announced.

20141005_132810_zps2b830a0f.jpg

GoT beer and got a free glass with it.

IMG_0500_zps36e09d57.jpg

First mechanical keyboard and I am in love

IMG_0501_zps2c2d47c5.jpg

It was employee appreciation week at work this past week and won this

BrunoM

First time ever posting in this thread!

10723898_542611099215927_1431867301_n.jpg

I won this on a contest with a silly video me and my sister put together. It comes with an FC Porto skin, for those wondering. I'm a fan, but I'm keeping my PS4 sticker-free!

On an interesting side note: PS4 controllers are nowhere to be found around here. Every story I've been to (and I've been to quite a few) has run out of stock. My guess is that the release of FIFA 15 has something to do with it, but who knows, really?
That's a sexy box lol
And damn best soccer team in the world lol

Where are you located ?
I'm originally from cidade do porto but live in Toronto Canada now

Fantasy Life!

Also picked up some more PS2 games before they get too expensive.
Truxton I got a few weeks back but forgot to add it to previous pickup pics.

And got a US Code of Princess because Atlus doesn't like physical for Europe.

PWh1y0B.jpg

Upgrade of my Antarctic Adventure CIB copy (the cardboard box of my copy is a bit damaged) and also picked up CIB Inspecteur Z. A game I didn't know existed and which appears to be rare (?).

Qd7gbUS.jpg

Finally, you can never have too many controllers.

H481Zrq.jpg

New router (included Chromecast free), iPhone 6 Plus, Destiny Ghost Edition (PS4), White PlayStation Wireless Headset, and Godzilla:

ibgNRXMesyfGAI.JPG

ThreeA Metal Gear Solid Ray:

iCWaKch2e23P1.JPG

igDssfDuYa5tc.JPG

About 5 years ago I had to put my Akita of 15 years down due to medical issues. Ever since, I was unable to muster up the courage to get another dog out of fear of having to go through such a devastating loss again. Well, I've finally managed to summon up some courage to get over that obstacle and welcome the newest member of the family, Ryu:

ihmMwkJA7Tl0c.jpg

iSHXUla6th3pv.JPG

iObBrkNlajxUI.JPG
Number one, those figurines are so sick! I know what you mean about getting the courage to get another dog, lost my first one after two days to a virus when he was a puppy...got the courage to get another, best thing I could have done :)

jdfly82

Neo Member
I finally have a pickup worth sharing!

Picked up the Zelda 3DSXL with Pokemon X, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion, and RE: Mercenaries for $175 used.

mLpdLS1l.jpg

And of course, picked up Smash 3DS and Bravely Default. The plushes are from a business trip to Japan.

LZlsRgel.jpg

Laranja

That's a sexy box lol
And damn best soccer team in the world lol

Where are you located ?
I'm originally from cidade do porto but live in Toronto Canada now

I'm currently living in Porto, so I get to see the best team in the world at the stadium fairly often! ;)

New 3DS time! Size/weight is really comfortable, 3D headtracking works a treat, general operating speed is like butter. Haven't put the C-stick put its paces yet, but will try with Smash soon. Download speed is killer - had to download a couple of title updates, and the difference was like dial-up to broadband between Old and New 3DS (bear in mind that I'm downloading from the UK too)

Insta-love it, as I'm sure many will when it (eventually) makes it outside Japan.

ifwnbBrXWchHz.JPG

ibkqLKYRPuLrMr.JPG

iFpXV9CsTBekD.JPG

iVsZVmFpnzJww.JPG

irIL53hSEJHGz.JPG

iNie9uXSy7MsF.JPG

i7E3O7oJ16c0H.JPG

MilkLizard

My white DS4 arrived today.

Going to try it out with this first.

Also got Thom Yorks amazing new album on vinyl.

And finally the soundtrack of Lost in Translation also on vinyl. Used but in OK condition. The cover might be considered NSFW so I'll only link to it.

Possibly NSFW

Got this today...

1475892_10152504112592620_2260098448621407940_n.jpg

Knew they improved the sticks (material etc) but the triggers also feel much better, could be me...

The texture on it feels soooooo gooood.

omgkitty

I found it on eBay and there seems to be a couple more sellers that have it. It's actually the japanese version on orange vinyl if that is any help.

Yeah I saw it on there. Kinda expensive. Hopefully there will still be some when I get paid on Friday.

Also got Thom Yorks amazing new album on vinyl.

And finally the soundtrack of Lost in Translation also on vinyl. Used but in OK condition. The cover might be considered NSFW so I'll only link to it.

Possibly NSFW
Still waiting for my copy of Tomorrow's Modern Boxes to get here. It shipped about 5 days ago but I live in the States so it does take a while. And god damn, I'm jealous of that other record. I fucking love the Lost in Translation soundtrack, and I NEED that in my collection.

And you should totally join my club in Driveclub if you don't have one yet. It's called Karma Police haha.

Gameboy415

AoUa41A.jpg

-I found some great clearance deals at Target over the weekend! The XB1 Charger & Bose Headset were 70% off and the little speaker is perfect for my Halloween costume.

HdjRMka.jpg

-I found the guides and Star Wars Graphic Novels at Half-Price Books and finally got my 'Japanese: The Game' set from the Kickstarter I backed earlier this year.

Nb3QUVy.jpg

-I got the K'Nex figure for my desk and Ash/Pikachu to add to my growing collection of Nintendo characters on top of my media shelf.

3Hi1m1i.jpg

-I made the mistake of checking Amazon while discussing movies with a co-worker last week and ended up ordering a bunch of stuff I wanted, haha. At least it was all on sale!

wt5RLsk.jpg

-I got Death Kappa dirt-cheap from Amazon, grabbed the Best Buy exclusive Sleeping Beauty Blu-Ray with a gift card, and found the other movies/sets at Disc Replay & Half-Price Books.

yjgCMmt.jpg

-I went to an indoor flea market with a friend over the weekend and got all of these movies (except Bushwhacked, which I grabbed at Half-Price Books for $2) for $25.
Almost all of these are not available on Blu-Ray and 3 for $5 was a great deal! I was psyched to get a cheap copy of Anaconda to watch with the upcoming Rifftrax. :)

jufKXoF.jpg

-I got the (surprisingly high-quality) NES PC/Android controller via an online deal I saw on Kotaku, got the FDS games cheap on eBay, and the Gamestop-exclusive version of Zelda Monopoly.

qpxHZfr.jpg

-I got the retro games at Disc Replay and found Big Buck Hunter at FYE (it's surprisingly hard to find!!).

yLmUvkH.jpg

-I found this whole mess of great Playstation games for great prices at various stores over the weekend.

pTMeyeg.jpg

-My copy of Danganronpa from Play-Asia finally arrived (I ordered it back in August!) and I picked up Alien: Isolation & the PS3 games at Gamestop.

KPcXWst.jpg

-I already have too many 3DS handhelds (and I have a Japanese 'New' 3DS arriving later this week!) but I couldn't resist this one. I'd have preferred the NES controller colors to be on the inside of the 3DS but I love the packaging!

nguyeken

Neo Member
Got the Legend of Zelda Theme for my 3ds.
uXK41fM.jpg

Having a lot of fun playing Smash Bro for the 3DS
nLqYco1.jpg

Bought this sweet Keyboard to replace my Old black widow i broke by spilling coke over it. Its the Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry Brown switches. I do plan to salvage the black widow for parts to make a small keyboard.
Yj3B9xr.jpg

Mbrill82

79V9lB8.jpg

Revoltech Snake, my first Japanese figure. My first non-American/superhero figure actually. This thing is awesome, so poseable, so many accessories.

Couldn't you just buy an all-in-one solution like what Synology provides?

No not really, all NAS you can buy below 1000$ are not strong enough to transcode and stream a movie to different devices. And if you want something from lets say Synology that is capable of doing the transcoding, you pay more for the NAS without HDDs, than I have paid for my whole DIY Fileserver.

MilkLizard

Very nice. Both the soundtrack and the cover.

Yes. I love that soundtrack. I just had to get it someday.

Unfortunately those Japanese color pressings are bootlegs :/

That is correct. Forgot to mention it. But I have no problem with the occasional bootleg. I have a few more, mostly stuff from Queens of the stone age.

Still waiting for my copy of Tomorrow's Modern Boxes to get here. It shipped about 5 days ago but I live in the States so it does take a while. And god damn, I'm jealous of that other record. I fucking love the Lost in Translation soundtrack, and I NEED that in my collection.

And you should totally join my club in Driveclub if you don't have one yet. It's called Karma Police haha.

Delivery took 4 days from UK to Luxembourg, so be patient. It will come :) And I'll try to join your driveclub if the servers let me ;)

Whoah, from what little we can see because of that amazing record cover, your set up in the background looks like it is amazing!

It's nothing special though. Just two IKEA pieces next to each other with my consoles and records and on top my player and TV. Check out this thread. Lots of people with really amazing setups.

I've been looking for this for years, but never been able to find it at a decent price :/

My only consolation.

And this is simply beautiful.

Loot explosion for me in early October!
JgSvSB1.jpg

Smash 3DS with preorder coffee tumbler, P4 Ultimax, Driveclub with keychain and "towel", the steelbook version of Shadow of Mordor, NBA 2K15 and an extra Dual Shock to play it with, Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!! for vita, and a talking Peter Quill stand-up figure.

And Evil Within drops tommorow locally. JESUS.

Edit: i also got this Pokémon 3DS game case from hori (the 24 game binder thingy), i really like the design as its understated instead of the usual overtly cute pokemon layouts. And the fit is typical Hori, excellent construction.

zIGv3r6.jpg

IVUj2DE.jpg

pariah164

So, story.

Went in with 5 Nintendo 3DS games to trade towards my Life and Hometown; already traded in a few games earlier when I first preordered to get the $10 reserve down. By the end of everything, they owed me $0.33. Life and Hometown were mine. This meant leftover cash, so I peeked in their Vita section. I was looking for a certain game, and I wasn't sure they would have it.

They had it.

TL;DR - Jackpot.

robotrock

Banned

I got my Thom Yorke on Saturday and I live in the States! Was pleasantly surprised. It shipped out on the 8th too.

Top Bottom