• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift Launch Thread: Ballpark 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tain

The third sensor thing is odd to me. Maybe you need three sensors if you don't want to mount the trackers up high? Two Oculus trackers at high positions (Vive basestation style) seems to do the job fine.

Wallach

The third sensor thing is odd to me. Maybe you need three sensors if you don't want to mount the trackers to your wall, but two Oculus trackers at high positions (Vive basestation style) seems to do the job fine.

It's probably a combination of what they consider the space size for "room scale" and their occlusion requirements.

So how does this work? Do I need more HDMI or USB slots on the computer to get touch and roomscale running or is there a pass through? I'm already running thin on slots.

The third sensor thing is odd to me. Maybe you need three sensors if you don't want to mount the trackers up high? Two Oculus trackers at high positions (Vive basestation style) seems to do the job fine.

Probably works fine with 2, 3 just means minimum chance of occlusion.

Zalusithix

Might be to alleviate the reduced FoV of the Oculus cameras vs the lighthouses? Issues with off-angle viewing of the Touch's LED patterns? It's certainly a bit strange.

jett

D-Member
Touch at 199 comes with two controllers, right?

They have to drop the price of the Rift. Oculus+Touch+Extra Sensor is more expensive than the Vive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom