• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Moreno 21 rushes for 1 td and 240 yards against the Rors.. *mouth drop*

edit- the running numbers so far this week are just absurd... wtf EA

Striker

Oh god, GG Nightz. I thought my defense was going to give up another game, similar to the game vs. Steelers couple weeks back. Up 27-14 with about 8 mins to go, Nightz is able to cap off a TD to OchoCinco (how he was wide open, I have no clue, it was Man Coverage), and since I'm unable to grab a second first down, he gets another shot with 2 mins. and change. He puts down a huge play down field. Not sure why you rushed your offense Nightz, but I felt extremely lucky to come away with this win defensively. You had plenty of time left (1:24)!

Offensively I finally was able to put up numbers.

Quinn had a real good day outside that one forced pass to Bennett (I felt it was going to be man, but you tricked me!). Two big touch passes down field to Robiskie (6 rec., 126 yards). Since he let me down vs. Tampa Bay, Vincent Jackson went catchless, and to be honest, I only looked his way once or twice; conveniently, he dropped a 3rd down GL pass in the god damn endzone near the end of the first half.

In hindsight, my double duty with Davis/Harrison was a nice change of pace, but looking at the stats... Davis really did much better. Throughout the second half, both were in light green/yellow often, so I subbed in Noah Herron a bit.

Whew... feeling grateful after that win.

Matrix said:

Colts' HB Girley (Girl-eh) has around 700+ rec. yards through near mid-season. :lol :\

Nightz

GG Striker. That was my first time playing Madden in four days, so maybe I should've got some practice in...or let the effects from my trip to Vegas wear off :p. But yeah, it was just a bad overall game for me. Bad reads, bad throws, bad defense. And you're right, I shouldn't have hurried up on that last play. I was actually aiming for Donald Brown underneath but pressed the wrong button. As soon as I pressed it, I knew it was getting picked off. I almost threw my controller through my monitor. :lol

TheCrow

Matrix said:

I just had some great blocks that set up for big runs and the rest of the runs were consistently for around 5 yds. If I hadn't thrown some bad picks he would have had a shot to get more tds. I keep killing my own drives.

Here were some of the big running plays:

On the third or fourth play of the game Moreno defeats pro-tak
This was on one of the few tosses in the game
And this was just great blocking giving Moreno a huge lane

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I just had some great blocks that set up for big runs and the rest of the runs were consistently for around 5 yds. If I hadn't thrown some bad picks he would have had a shot to get more tds. I keep killing my own drives.
We can play the "if" and "could have" game all day. If it wasn't lagging like crazy, I would have stopped that KR TD. If it wasn't lagging like that, I could have tackled Moreno on a couple of those runs. If it wasn't lagging like that, I could have passed and I had to since I was down after that return and you didn't really have to. If Murphy hadn't dropped 2 clear TDs. If I wasn't so fed up with the outside police, I would have gone for it on 4th both those times, etc. :p

Frustrating when the damn thing won't respond and the best I can do is run it sideways so I don't get a safety.

GG, though!

DMczaf

I now have 2 weeks to prepare and train for FMT now that I'm on my bye week.

I've got Hearts on Fire already loaded up on my ipod.

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
I now have 2 weeks to prepare and train for FMT now that I'm on my bye week.

I've got Hearts on Fire already loaded up on my ipod.

He needs to get ready for you - you're quietly 7-1! He FEARS you

LukeSmith said:
He needs to get ready for you - you're quietly 7-1! He FEARS you

i'm not scared of DM! he doesn't have booger mcfarland, derek brooks, or any of the other ghosts of bucs past to stop me. meanwhile, i still have frank gore and arnaz battle to complete the gore hitstick after int causing a fumble and picked up by battle returned for TD.

make your time DM.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How is it that i lose Asante for the one week im REALLY gonna need him (Colts)

Luke will take my undefeted streak like Alex Smith took FMT's virginity

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
How is it that i lose Asante for the one week im REALLY gonna need him (Colts)

Luke will take my undefeted streak like Alex Smith took FMT's virginity

You can't eeyore me - you and your 26 takeaways and unstoppable ground game.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm not scared of DM! he doesn't have booger mcfarland, derek brooks, or any of the other ghosts of bucs past to stop me. meanwhile, i still have frank gore and arnaz battle to complete the gore hitstick after int causing a fumble and picked up by battle returned for TD.

make your time DM.

please beat him... and then tell me what it felt like as I don't believe I'll ever know

TheCrow

LJ11 said:
Were those runs out of Strong I Close?

lol should have known this would be asked. :p

But I think only one was and it was a HB dive straight up the middle not the dreaded hb off tackle. The rest were just off of straight up I-Form or 3 wr I-Form. I haven't been running out of strong I close much, its mostly just been singleback or regular I form.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:

Here were some of the big running plays:

On the third or fourth play of the game Moreno defeats pro-tak
This was on one of the few tosses in the game
And this was just great blocking giving Moreno a huge lane
These videos make me wish I had speedsters on D more than anything else. Look at Routt, Johnson, and Asomugha cover ground to catch up. @_@ I have a lot of things to address this off-season. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
We got...

Steelers Pats
Jags Texans
Rams Panthers
Cowboys Giants

I get Bengals next. If we DO advance can you play Nightz?
Cowboys/Giants is going tonight. Didn't we just advance late Saturday? Wishful thinking for an advance today, but I don't think it's going to happen.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
These videos make me wish I had speedsters on D more than anything else. Look at Routt, Johnson, and Asomugha cover ground to catch up. @_@ I have a lot of things to address this off-season. :(

Yea, technically Portis' speed and acceleration are exactly the same as last season; I swore he was slower on breakaway runs, but I guess it's youth or upgraded DB speeds?

Also, Morrow Watch:

154/263 58.56% 2071 yds 7.87 ypa 230.11 ypg 14 TD 22 INT QB Rat 66.53

One step closer to leading the league in TDs
and INTs
!

AirBrian

Wellington said:
Cowboys/Giants is going tonight. Didn't we just advance late Saturday? Wishful thinking for an advance today, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Jags/Texans is supposed to be going down tonight too if I'm not mistaken. That just leaves 2 remaining games.

Hopefully it advances tomorrow. I'd like to get one more game in before giving up my team for a month! :-(

TheCrow

Wellington said:

Well, it is Moreno running. I am used to him getting caught up from behind. My speedster RB usually outruns the last defenders but he was not effective in my last game. He is more of a feast or famine back.

Wellington said:

well it is wishful thinking but i think so many games got played already because everyone waited so long for last week :lol

so far everyone has said they'll play their games except steelers pats! everybody spam TJ and lonestar with pms!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been keeping my eye on the topic, don't you worry about that.

I get home everyday around 6 pm CST, so that's about when I can play, Ram.

Lonestar said:
I've been keeping my eye on the topic, don't you worry about that.

I get home everyday around 6 pm CST, so that's about when I can play, Ram.

PM his ass. Bitch don't check this thread no more!!!
at least I haven't seen him lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea, technically Portis' speed and acceleration are exactly the same as last season; I swore he was slower on breakaway runs, but I guess it's youth or upgraded DB speeds?

Also, Morrow Watch:

One step closer to leading the league in TDs
and INTs
!

After the patch, RBs (with the same stats) have accelerated slower and on breakaways tend to slow down across the board. I have not looked into the issue but some say that it has to do with fatigue. I'm fine with it because with Jacobs I don't have many breakaway runs, but I can see where it would affect others.

TheCrow said:
Well, it is Moreno running. I am used to him getting caught up from behind. My speedster RB usually outruns the last defenders but he was not effective in my last game. He is more of a feast or famine back.

I was moreso commenting on the speed of the Raider DBs. Over the past two seasons I have (and I still think rightfully so) de-valued speed in my DBs over other attributes, but I think it has adversely affected my run defense. My passing D is one of the best in the league but I have a habit of shutting down RBs for the most part and then giving up tremendous runs. Getting a runner past my second level is death for me as I can't close the gap. All that said, I wouldn't draft a CB because mine are all pretty good and fit my needs, but I want a better safety opposite Kenny Phillips.

The server is down, of course, but I think to a man the Raider DBs are all over 90+ speed. Asomugha is at 94, Routt and Johnson I think at 95. Mike Mitchell is probably beastly in the box. Al Davis was right!

DMczaf

Wellington said:
The server is down, of course

The server is usually never down, its some glitch with cookies. If you sign in during Private Mode (no cookies) then it works. That's how I get around that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sweeeet.

storybook can you play late tonight if we advance? if not late tomorrow works too. wed-fri i'm out of the country on business unfortunately so would have to be sat otherwise.

AstroLad said:
sweeeet.

storybook can you play late tonight if we advance? if not late tomorrow works too. wed-fri i'm out of the country on business unfortunately so would have to be sat otherwise.

Nope, I've got to get in my NCAA online dynasty game tonight. It'll have to be tomorrow if it advances.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sableholic said:
next year I hope they allow you to save the online franchise roster so that you can practice using the league rosters.
it's weird they won't at least let you "scrimmage" with other teams within the league. seems like a no brainer

LiveWire

sableholic said:
next year I hope they allow you to save the online franchise roster so that you can practice using the league rosters.

Man I hope so too. I'm finally starting to get a hang of Morrow. Perhaps a quarter or even half of those 22 INTs could have been avoided with a practice mode. Even with them though, as a rookie he's a HUGE upgrade over Campbell, I'm very pleased:

Morrow through 9 games:

Campbell through 13 last season (before being benched):

137/238 57.56% 1593 yds 6.69 ypa 122.54 ypg 9 TD 20 INT QB Rat 55.53

Lonestar

The Tribow = best Rookie QB so far, this year. 22 for 31 71% 345 yards (11.13 YPA) 3 TD's for 139.87 Rating, and 26 carries for 236 yards (9.08 ypc) and 3 TD's.

0 Turnovers.

Lonestar said:
The Tribow = best Rookie QB so far, this year. 22 for 31 71% 345 yards (11.13 YPA) 3 TD's for 139.87 Rating, and 26 carries for 236 yards (9.08 ypc) and 3 TD's.

0 Turnovers.

0 fourth quarter comebacks! jack english wins the day!

daw840

LiveWire said:
Man I hope so too. I'm finally starting to get a hang of Morrow. Perhaps a quarter or even half of those 22 INTs could have been avoided with a practice mode. Even with them though, as a rookie he's a HUGE upgrade over Campbell, I'm very pleased:

Morrow through 9 games:

Campbell through 13 last season (before being benched):

137/238 57.56% 1593 yds 6.69 ypa 122.54 ypg 9 TD 20 INT QB Rat 55.53

This has been my biggest downfall I think. I can't even go in and practice with my franchise team, so the only games I have been playing are just the league games. I will be forever grateful to EA if they just give us salary caps and the ability to practice off-line (or online exhibition games with other members of the league) with our actual franchise team. I believe you could do this in 2K last year, couldn't you?

daw840 said:
This has been my biggest downfall I think. I can't even go in and practice with my franchise team, so the only games I have been playing are just the league games. I will be forever grateful to EA if they just give us salary caps and the ability to practice off-line (or online exhibition games with other members of the league) with our actual franchise team. I believe you could do this in 2K last year, couldn't you?

i just practice with the current saints, which sucks cause they are a lot better than my team. I was thinking maybe i could just edit players and stuff to make it exactly like my team, create my rookies, etc. but thats a lot of work.

daw840

sableholic said:
i just practice with the current saints, which sucks cause they are a lot better than my team. I was thinking maybe i could just edit players and stuff to make it exactly like my team, create my rookies, etc. but thats a lot of work.

That would take forever, I think. Jesus.

daw840 said:
That would take forever, I think. Jesus.

yep agreed, definitely not worth the hassle. Maybe I'll just edit the offensive players since thats all I ever practice. Even that though would be a pain in the ass which means I won't be doing it. Like I said EA should have just let us save it just like we do online rosters.

daw840

Wellington said:
I just practice to get timing down, who cares if the RT is rated 1 point higher than what he is offline.

I guess that's true. All I would really have to do is change Favre ratings to reflect that of JRuss. LOL

Lonestar

He's not my starter :p

But hey, Justin Fargas won one for my last week, down once again 24-21. Wow, I was that one drive away from losing 3 consectutive weeks in a row, to the same score (24-21).

Tribow has been involved with 18% of the overall snaps this year, but is accounting for 25% of my offensive yards this year.

Bellows involved in 15% of the snaps, but 34% of the yards. Plus has 26 KR's for 753 yards (28.96) and 11 PR for 224 (20.36)

Bellows accounts for 51% of Total Yards....

Hmm, that might be a little high for 1 player.

Wellington said:
I just practice to get timing down, who cares if the RT is rated 1 point higher than what he is offline.

me? Would be helpful to practice with the actual team. Maybe it doesn't matter so much for passing (unless the skill positions pts changed a lot), but what about running? Or does nobody practice that?

on a unrelated note, looking over some stats and wow @ peyton manning. how is it that you are 4-3 putting up those #s?

Lonestar

With the practice issue, I just created some of my new players, using the same weight, height, and ratings that are in the online league. Think I made Tribow, Mata (RB) Bellows (WR) and Lee Carter (ROLB). I also traded away the players I don't have anymore, and tried to get all the players I've added (Walter, Coles, Hobbs, Fargas). It's not exact, and the other teams are not exactly what I'd face in the league, but it lets me test out different things with these players.

Wonder if we could do something towards the end of the season, like self-analyize our draft picks, on if they panned out (Bellows), was a surprise (Tribow) or was disappointing (Mata: He's got some speed, but doesn't have enough elusiveness, has no trucking, and doesn't spin or juke very well. All that equals: Once engaged by the defense=Tackled)

BigAT

Some additional stuff that's getting added with the second patch:

-Tribute sticker for Steve McNair added to Titans helmets
-Tribute sticker for Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson added to Eagles helmets
-Doubled the length of replays
-Increased frequency of auto-replays especially after touchdowns
-Reduced the number of times the chain-gang measurement scene occurs
-Extended time in post-play to allow those scenes to fully play out
-Stats tuned for franchise mode
-Decreased chances of injury for players with high injury ratings
-Included each player’s draft info to be viewable in franchise

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/11/30/more-details-on-madden-10-patch-2